Air arms S410 vs tx200?

An apples to oranges situation. 🙂

I expect that you know that you are comparing a PCP (S410) to a springer (TX200) and presume that you are aware that the PCP requires a high pressure air source.

Most of the sound from a springer comes from the mechanical movement of the internal parts. It pretty well is what it is and can't be dampened. With the PCP adding a moderator can really make them quiet so it could be adjusted to suit.

I have the S510 and the TX200, PCP and springer, and use them for different applications. Don't find either of them to be particularly loud.

I suggest that your other shooting needs/requirements should be considered first.

Cheers!

Reactions: sherz
An apples to oranges situation. 🙂

I expect that you know that you are comparing a PCP (S410) to a springer (TX200) and presume that you are aware that the PCP requires a high pressure air source.

Most of the sound from a springer comes from the mechanical movement of the internal parts. It pretty well is what it is and can't be dampened. With the PCP adding a moderator can really make them quiet so it could be adjusted to suit.

I have the S510 and the TX200, PCP and springer, and use them for different applications. Don't find either of them to be particularly loud.

I suggest that your other shooting needs/requirements should be considered first.

Cheers!
I have had both, and actually traded a TX200HC for a 410SL I still have. I agree with the above. Neither gun is loud, the 410 may seem quieter, but all that "mechanical noise" from the TX is right by your head when you fire it. I bet if you listened to both from 100ft away there would be little difference. Unless you need "mousefart" quiet, either would be fine.