Airguns of Arizona is totally USELESS!

Focusing on recurring interactions with AoA:

1) Website could use improvements, a bit quirky to navigate. Feels like it was designed about 10 years ago. Minor gripe.
2) Have ordered online half-dozen times, no issue with any orders. Great packaging, items arrived as expected, all tracked.
3) Traveled out to their AZ store to make use of their offer to test fire guns on their indoor range. There are so many guns I never held or shot before, was worth it to me to make the drive. Exchanged emails with them so they knew when I was coming. The sales guy let me fire a couple of shots from the different test rifles they had on the rack, pretty much everything I wanted to shoot, although only a few shots each. My only "gripe" was that they seemed a bit underwhelmed that I made a 350 mile journey to meet them in person and assess which guns to buy. Felt a bit rushed to look at what was there and make quick decisions without much range time, even though they weren't busy at all.
4) Sales opened 4 copies of a rifle I wanted, from which I selected two and purchased them; had them shipped instead of taking from the store (saved on tax - I know, seems silly). Both the sales guy and me inspected the rifles prior to re-boxing, and then AoA did their own routine pre-shipment inspection after that. Still, on arrival one rifle had missing bluing around the breech seal, something missed by all of us in the store. AoA accepted return of the rifle. However, the main sales guy there was snarky about it , as if it were my fault that it was missed in the lowly-lit store, even when it passed their own inspection - twice. Hard to put my finger on this, but I guess I would say they came across as a bit arrogant/put-off. Maybe this was just a one-off experience but I let the sales guy know it wasn't appreciated.
5) I will continue to purchase from them, as needed. Meaning, if they have something the others don't, or an item at a better price than others, I'll buy it. They are reputable, knowledgeable, and know how to package items to survive UPS/FedEx.

Based on my experiences, AoA gets 3.5 stars; minus 0.5-1 star for lazy website tech and minus 0.5-1 star for customer service experience. Solid, not the best nor worst. They do carry some exclusive items as well, which is appreciated. So maybe 3.75 stars lol.

Now this man knows how to leave a rating

It's not like we are dealing with life or death matters here. No matter what happened or the time it took to make it right, you will never get screwed by them. We live in an e commerce society now full of glitches and human error. Inventory is a tricky thing and there's always a human involved that could have easily make a counting mistake entering the wrong data. Happens all the time. Trust me, I did inventory for the hospitality industry for 20 years. Stuff happens. It's how they handle it afterwards which separates the good from the bad.

Last edited:
This is the 2nd time I had a problem with ordering at AOA. I won't give them a 3nd chance.
Why did AOA charge my credit card even though the items I ordered were on back order and with no date or timeline when it's back in stock?
Why didn't AOA communicate with me instead of me having to check on the delay in shipping?

It's likely if you are a "AOA sponsored" shooter, or was given something for free, you won't communicate your real experiences. I'm just a ordinary air gunner who pays for everything and am not bound by any "sponsorship code of conduct"
Sounds more like a design issue with their website not updating quick enough, nothing to bad mouth them over. You sound like a hot-head that got one too many participation trophies as a child and now feel things must go your way or else. I wonder how you worded your email? FYI it's not uncommon to pay in full for back ordered items. However the buyer is typically aware of this as it should have been in print next to the cart button. Still it sounds like you handled this problem going in a bit too hot. Things happen in the retail world that are unavoidable do to day to day workloads.

Reactions: john8
This is my two cents and I'm an average, Joe. I'm not sponsored by anybody. I pay for all my own stuff. I buy from AOA and have never been dissatisfied. I had some wonky magazines. They swapped them out. No charge. I trust them. The guys I have talked to in sales are actually shooters. I'm sorry your experience was bad. Technology is wonderful when it works. Yes they should update the website.

On another note, if you want to flame a business because they didn't pick up immediately on the fact something was out of stock. I'm wondering if that doesn't say more about you than it says about them.

Jim

I've had a couple orders from them. I emailed about something out of stock and they found one, let me know and I called and ordered over the phone. Had another phone conversation about guns I was interested in. The man on the phone spent time talking to me about my options. I didn't feel rushed. I'm planning on coming to the Sonora in March and part of the hook was that I could go to AoA and try out a few guns.

But starting an entire thread because something was out of stock comes off as a little ballistic if you get my drift...

I ordered some Zan slugs from AOA on January 6th and did not hear anything from AOA until I emailed them about my order.
Then I was told they were out of stock.
Why didn't AOA tell me sooner? The website did not say these slugs were not in stock.

AIRGUNS OF ARIZONA ARE TOTALLY USELESS!

I ordered my Zan slugs directly from Zan and only cost me $3.00 more
I will never order anything from AOA anymore!
You have to call. Way better experience!

I ordered some Zan slugs from AOA on January 6th and did not hear anything from AOA until I emailed them about my order.
Then I was told they were out of stock.
Why didn't AOA tell me sooner? The website did not say these slugs were not in stock.

AIRGUNS OF ARIZONA ARE TOTALLY USELESS!

I ordered my Zan slugs directly from Zan and only cost me $3.00 more
I will never order anything from AOA anymore!
So because your order wasn't shipped to you ASAP. because they didn't show the item as not in stock, AOA is TOTALLY USELESS? I mean they are not just partly useless or a little bit useless they are TOTALLY USELESS? All the other stuff they do and sell is of no consequence and because your order had a issue, AOA IS TOTALLY USELESS? The name Karen comes to mind.😆

• Haha
Reactions: Revoman and rsfrid
My down faults with AOA would be solely with their website. More cumbersome to use than most others, a tad slower getting orders shipped, but packages were done well. Accuracy of orders has been very good as well. Now since they carry items to be found elsewhere only with difficulty, I tend to use their service when it’s prudent. Accepting the few shortcomings they might have. Same as every other vendor.

Reactions: beerthief
My wife designed the system at Wallmart . When an item is at the checkout it comes off that store inventory and put on the warehouse restock list . but that was a while ago so the company has sold the software to many other stores . Very innovative at the time but it did not update the web site and i think it still does not .

I was just researching and looking for an HW30S and emailed them w/ a few questions. Got a reply from customer support w/in 10 minutes. Placed an order after finding what I wanted and Tech emailed me to tell me thank you and that they knocked off the shipping charges and were adding additional pellets to the order. I vote 5 stars from my one experience three days ago.