Other Aussie Airgun

Howdy all.

I've just bought a vertebrate pest control business, and am looking to get into shooting smaller pests such as rabbits, pigeons, rats etc.

I've got an array of firearms, but no decent air rifle. I'm looking for advice on what rifle (pcp) would best handle aussie conditions, and will be suitable to take down rats through to foxes. Been looking at the FX Impact M3 and Maverick, but mixed reviews have me cautious on dropping $3k+
I like the bullpup design for its compactness while not compromising on barrel length. Looking for probably a 600mm or 700mm barrel.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in south australia, if that helps at all.

Give " Wayne " a call... https://airrifleslugsaustralia.com

He will give you a 100% unbiased report on many of the Airguns available...

I use an FX M3 myself... long range target shooting .... but would be hesitant to recommend it for consistency , which is very important for pest control.

Reactions: pelletpuncher
Solution
I think a 600 or 700 barrel length is good as you will probably have longer range shots "down under" then a lot of us in the states for your pests. I do have a couple of guns that I take when pesting to meet the need. But if you are to start out with one and do this for a living you definitely want accuracy and reliability at the top of your want list! Next, look for "adjustability" so you can go into areas that are more confined that need lower powered shots to not harm the backstop - barn, roof, etc. Also, you may want a lightly choked barrel that will let you shoot both pellets and slugs as needed (or a gun that lets you swap out barrels as needed so now you have one gun and more options according to the job). As a rule you will find that most shoot pellets under 100m and then move to slugs for accuracy and stopping power. Good luck and the pesting is a lot of fun! I wish I could get paid for it! Truth be known, I'd pay to get rid of them but I don't tell the farmers!

Reactions: pelletpuncher