• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Carette II Compressor Issues

All of the Alkins are manufactured in Turkey. There may be some assembly in the U.S. but they are all designed and manufactured in Turkey.
Yes, just wanted to prove a point. It’s not WHERE it’s made, it’s the DESIGN, MATERIALS, and QUALITY CONTROL that count.

I watched some of the video in the Carette and it's made by Tuxing, I'll put money on it. Far too many parts look like Tuxing. As for water cooling, my 032 has been fine...so far....except for the Electronics failing in 40 min, it works well and runs down right cold.
If you put your money down betting the Carette is made by Tuxing you lose. The Carette has no affiliation with Tuxing and is manufactured by a different company. Since Veradium has an affiliation with Tuxing they can verify this for you if you don't take my word for it. The only similarity is the crankcase design. It's possible that Tuxing and Carette both source a few of their parts from the same manufacturer. All of Tuxing's large compressors for filling bottles are water cooled. I know the Carette factory representative and can guarantee there is no affiliation with Tuxing.

If you put your money down betting the Carette is made by Tuxing you lose. The Carette has no affiliation with Tuxing and is manufactured by a different company. Since Veradium has an affiliation with Tuxing they can verify this for you if you don't take my word for it. The only similarity is the crankcase design. It's possible that Tuxing and Carette both source a few of their parts from the same manufacturer. All of Tuxing's large compressors for filling bottles are water cooled. I know the Carette factory representative and can guarantee there is no affiliation with Tuxing.

This is correct. Carrette and Tuxing do source parts made by same manufacturer. Tuxing however provides multiple avenues for parts and service worldwide. Tuxing does not believe the single source model of exclusivity in the USA is good practice. Carrette however is so much smaller they do not command the same level of influence and as such settled on Single Source USA.

Reactions: Humdinger
The answer from Camaro454 covers it. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. The use of some of the same parts is what led me to that conclusion.

Reactions: Humdinger
As my relationship with Vevor and Walmart continues to grow, I would say go ahead and buy a Vevor.

But first you need to test your willingness to make such a purchase. Go to the bank and get $250 cash.
Go home and in a well ventilated area set fire to your cash and watch it burn. If you are ok with that, go ahead and order a Vevor.
I would say this probably applies to any of those China pumps.

I bought a Carette 2 from JB and have been pleased with my purchase. We were able to get it shipped to TX for $275 which seemed reasonable. The compressor works fine and is relatively quiet. I use it to top off my tanks that I use for PCP rifles. I topped off a 250 bar rifle for fun and it did it quickly. As the case with anything, time will tell whether I made a good decision. So far, JB's organization has been helpful when I call with all my "newbie" questions. Like I said, time will tell......

Reviving an old thread here, but I wanted to put in my review of the Carette V32 Air Cooled Compressor. I bought mine from bthurman literally on my way out of Texas to my new Job in Salt Lake City. Since then, I’ve filled both my Airmarksman 98CuFt tank and my Omega 75CuFt tank again and again quickly and with no issues whatsoever. I love that it’s air cooled and fills quickly. From 3000-4500psi, the Carette fills the omega in roughly 12 minutes. It’s much quieter than my Yong Heng POS and I don’t have to deal with an elaborate external drying system like I do with the YH. The built-in separator and media dryer work great.
My only fear is that I’m not sure where to get parts if JB isn’t helping people who didn’t buy from him. Not that I’ve needed any parts in 2 years.

If you’ve got the cash, you’ll be happy with this gem of a compressor.

Reactions: RAMJET66