• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana Diana(RWS) Model 45 walnut

I dug out my old friend this week to wipe her down and run a few pellets through. This D45 was my first adult spring gun, and I've owned it since the mid-1980s. Even with the addition of more and arguably nicer airguns since then, it remains my favorite. I lent her to a friend of mine back in 1988, but had to make an effort to have it returned after he had it for a few weeks. I will never forget the evening it was dropped off. He leaned the back of his pickup truck seat forward, and there it was, laying on the metal floorboard behind the bench seat. The blanket it was originally wrapped in was nowhere in sight. I was just happy to have it back, but I made a mental note never to ever loan that guy anything again.

If you'll notice, this Model 45 has a walnut stock. Nearly all the pictures I've seen of others appear to have beech. This sent me on a quest to figure out if it was a special order or if they just changed to beech sometime during production. After digging through some of the Diana paperwork, I found a listing for a "Model 45 Deluxe." It doesn't explicitly state walnut stock, but considering the other choices are Model 45, Model 45SB, Model 45S (sling, swivels, barrel weight, scope), Model 45 Carbine, and a.22 version, it would stand to reason that the "Deluxe" just might represent a walnut-stocked model.

Note: It appears that the 45SB and 45S descriptions in the price list below were confused. It would make more sense that the "SB" would be sling and barrel weight and the "S" would be just a scoped version.

Can anyone confirm that a Walnut stock is the 45 Deluxe.
1193.JPG
1194.JPG
1196.JPG
1197.JPG
1198.JPG
1201.JPG
1984 DN_price list front.jpg
1984 DN_price list inside.jpg

I dug out my old friend this week to wipe her down and run a few pellets through. This D45 was my first adult spring gun, and I've owned it since the mid-1980s. Even with the addition of more and arguably nicer airguns since then, it remains my favorite. I lent her to a friend of mine back in 1988, but had to make an effort to have it returned after he had it for a few weeks. I will never forget the evening it was dropped off. He leaned the back of his pickup truck seat forward, and there it was, laying on the metal floorboard behind the bench seat. The blanket it was originally wrapped in was nowhere in sight. I was just happy to have it back, but I made a mental note never to ever loan that guy anything again.

If you'll notice, this Model 45 has a walnut stock. Nearly all the pictures I've seen of others appear to have beech. This sent me on a quest to figure out if it was a special order or if they just changed to beech sometime during production. After digging through some of the Diana paperwork, I found a listing for a "Model 45 Deluxe." It doesn't explicitly state walnut stock, but considering the other choices are Model 45, Model 45SB, Model 45S (sling, swivels, barrel weight, scope), Model 45 Carbine, and a.22 version, it would stand to reason that the "Deluxe" just might represent a walnut-stocked model.

Note: It appears that the 45SB and 45S descriptions in the price list below were confused. It would make more sense that the "SB" would be sling and barrel weight and the "S" would be just a scoped version.

View attachment 463083View attachment 463084View attachment 463086View attachment 463085View attachment 463088View attachment 463087View attachment 463089View attachment 463090
I have the same walnut mod 45. Yours is the only other one I have seen though I assume many exist. I see a lot of beech 45's though. I have a walnut diana 38 also, Great rifles

Last edited:
Reactions: fishing43
Nice looking gun! Appears to be a great shape especially after being man-handled by your friend.
It looks good now because I couldn't live with the marring, so refinished the stock not long after getting it back.

I have the same walnut mod 45. Yours is the only other one I have seen though I assume many exist. I see a lot of beech 45s though. I have a walnut diana 38 also, Great rifles
What year is your 45 and do you happen to have pics?

Reactions: fishing43
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-

Never, EVER loan ANY airgun, to ANYone, for ANY reason; unless you don't mind losing it, getting it back totally jacked, or being sued.

Yep! Not even for one of those "hey let me use one of your airguns today," which is not exactly a loan, particularly if you're hunting with them.

Case in point: I let a buddy use an old Webley FX2000 about three years ago to thin out some squirrels on his property. I'd be hunting with him, so would be taking it back home the same day. What could it hurt? Right! Well, he lost one of the two magazines for it. Of course, the mags are no longer available for purchase.

Reactions: AirNGasman
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-

Never, EVER loan ANY airgun, to ANYone, for ANY reason; unless you don't mind losing it, getting it back totally jacked, or being sued.

Oooooooooops, many years ago, I loaned my pastor my Beeman R10D to take carer of a pigeon problem that was nesting over the front door of the church. Well, after a little time passed by, I went to pick up my springer and guess what, he left it cocked and loaded. I could not blame him, even after I gave him instructions on what to and not to do with my springer which he seems to have forgotten. So from that day to this one, I vowed never to loan any of my air guns to anyone for any reason, especially a preacher!

View attachment 463083View attachment 463084View attachment 463086View attachment 463085View attachment 463088View attachment 463087View attachment 463089