Daystate Does anyone own an Alpha Wolf Or Delta Wolf? If so read this

Good day, recently I've been thinking about changing to daystate. I will keep one FX m3, but im debating if I should get a FX Panthera or go for a Daystate Alpha or Delta wolf.
If anyone could answer these questions i'd greatly appreciate it.

1. What's the significant difference between the Alpha and Delta wolf?

2. How long does your battery charge last if you turn it off after shooting?

3. What is the accuracy like?

4. What is the reliability of your daystate product and how long have you had it and what issues have occured?

5. How easy was it to receive service for that item?

Good day, recently I've been thinking about changing to daystate. I will keep one FX m3, but im debating if I should get a FX Panthera or go for a Daystate Alpha or Delta wolf.
If anyone could answer these questions i'd greatly appreciate it.

4. What is the reliability of your daystate product and how long have you had it and what issues have occured?

#1 the only difference between alpha and delta is the stock older versions may not have the new ultra fast valve - note the BRK ghost is basically the non electronic version of this platform.
#2 IMO the lipo batteries should be charged 1 x month to maintain them
#3 all these guns are extremely accurate but occasionally a bad barrel will show up
#4 reliability is good, thus they offer a 5 year warranty, but all mechanical things can fail as can all rubber things = orings are rubber.
#5 I sent my Alphawolf to AOA for warranty transfer and service updates and was very pleased with the results.

I don't own any FX, several shooting friends do, Impacts and Crowns. I've read the Pantera was designed as a slug gun and does that quite well from what I've read. Everyone has an opinion... as a Alpha wolf owner, I would shy away from the electronics and get a BRK ghost or the Pantera if your a slug shooter. Some have had great luck with THEIR Alphas or Deltas, while others have had just EXACTLY the opposite in performance, consistency, or reliability.When you buy an ELECTRONIC air rifle and it fails and is sub par and you can't get an answer as to why, and those who should know, don't know WHY it's doing what it's doing😳, and it's in their hands many months and being it's electronic, it's not their fault they are doing their best, but you can't work on it, and your out a lot of money....hindsight is 20/20. That's the world of ELECTRONIC air rifles.

I don't own any FX, several shooting friends do, Impacts and Crowns. I've read the Pantera was designed as a slug gun and does that quite well from what I've read. Everyone has an opinion... as an Alpha wolf owner, I would shy away from the electronics and get a BRK ghost or the Pantera if your a slug shooter. Some have had great luck with THEIR Alphas or Deltas, while others have had just EXACTLY the opposite in performance, consistency, or reliability.When you buy an ELECTRONIC air rifle and it fails and is sub par and you can't get an answer as to why, and those who should know, don't know WHY it's doing what it's doing😳, and it's in their hands many months and being it's electronic, it's not their fault they are doing their best, but you can't work on it, and your out a lot of money....hindsight is 20/20. That's the world of ELECTRONIC air rifles.
What are your Alphawolf symptoms?

Reactions: tsktsk07
I was an early adopter of the DW. I had a .22 caliber that wouldn’t shoot good. At the time AoA convinced me to convert it to .25 caliber which shoots great. This was several years ago when the ART team was still working on the right barrel recipe. So hopefully they’ve got the .22 cal figured out now.

I’ve been using it for a few years, and as expected, the battery doesn’t hold a charge as it once used to, but that should be as simple as purchasing a new battery.

As far as reliability, it has been great! And the build quality is top notch.

All warranty and repair work is done by AoA.

What are your Alphawolf symptoms?
THIS TIME...The chrono stopped working, it either would not record a shot or display chrono error. I was sent another chrono. I installed it. All the advanced programs, that I shot before and had ALL the fps saved on a piece of paper are shooting much slower.18 gr.on 2218 90 BAR, 2300 pulse, 67.0v were shooting 920-925, now 895-900. Verified thru my Lab Radar. 25gr. on 2225 145 BAR, 2900 pulse, 72.5v were shooting 950fps, now 920fps. 25gr. 150BAR, 2750 pulse, 77v was 960+, now 930fps. The new chrono on the gun is reading 10-15 fps. faster than my Lab Radar. The chrono that quit was always 2fps. within Lab Radar. I connected the gun to the DTD device to do a chrono. offset compensation. I shot the rifle 3 times and the program said the internal measured speed was 918,918,918. The DISLPAY on the rifle showed 930,930,931. I called AOA and asked why the internally measured speed would be different than the diplayed speed on the rifles chrono and they had no idea. BUT the internally measured speed reflects what the Lab Radar is saying...12fps. slower than the rifle displays. Going on about a week and no answer yet from AOA.They were going to reach out to Daystate. It shoots good in advanced mode, but they are shooting much slower than before. Coincidence...who knows.SHANE at AOA has struggled and worked his ass off fixing all the issues my Alpha wolf has had and done a great job, but once he fixes one thing, another shows up. Gun looks great, but the electronics aren't there to meet all the claims I bought the rifle for. THAT'S why I said steer clear of ELECTRONIC rifles, until they iron out all the stuff wrong, that many of us have had. But I would be more than happy to get a refund and purchase a different air rifle. I asked if someone would connect their alpha to their DTD and go to chro offset calibration and shoot THEIRS and see if their numbers are the same, internally measured vs. chrono display on their rifle, but I guess that's to tough a question...so I'll wait.

Reactions: Stone02
THIS TIME...The chrono stopped working, it either would not record a shot or display chrono error. I was sent another chrono. I installed it. All the advanced programs, that I shot before and had ALL the fps saved on a piece of paper are shooting much slower.18 gr.on 2218 90 BAR, 2300 pulse, 67.0v were shooting 920-925, now 895-900. Verified thru my Lab Radar. 25gr. on 2225 145 BAR, 2900 pulse, 72.5v were shooting 950fps, now 920fps. 25gr. 150BAR, 2750 pulse, 77v was 960+, now 930fps. The new chrono on the gun is reading 10-15 fps. faster than my Lab Radar. The chrono that quit was always 2fps. within Lab Radar. I connected the gun to the DTD device to do a chrono. offset compensation. I shot the rifle 3 times and the program said the internal measured speed was 918,918,918. The DISLPAY on the rifle showed 930,930,931. I called AOA and asked why the internally measured speed would be different than the diplayed speed on the rifles chrono and they had no idea. BUT the internally measured speed reflects what the Lab Radar is saying...12fps. slower than the rifle displays. Going on about a week and no answer yet from AOA.They were going to reach out to Daystate. It shoots good in advanced mode, but they are shooting much slower than before. Coincidence...who knows.SHANE at AOA has struggled and worked his ass off fixing all the issues my Alpha wolf has had and done a great job, but once he fixes one thing, another shows up. Gun looks great, but the electronics aren't there to meet all the claims I bought the rifle for. THAT'S why I said steer clear of ELECTRONIC rifles, until they iron out all the stuff wrong, that many of us have had. But I would be more than happy to get a refund and purchase a different air rifle. I asked if someone would connect their alpha to their DTD and go to chro offset calibration and shoot THEIRS and see if their numbers are the same, internally measured vs. chrono display on their rifle, but I guess that's to tough a question...so I'll wait.
I’ve done the chrono calibration and I had to set an offset of around 15 fps to get the AW to match what my FX chrono says. With the offset in place the programmed and displayed speed are accurate now.

Have you tried entering the speed offset in the software?

I’ve done the chrono calibration and I had to set an offset of around 15 fps to get the AW to match what my FX chrono says. With the offset in place the programmed and displayed speed are accurate now.

Have you tried entering the speed offset in the software?
I understand what you are saying. My question is, when doing the chrono calibration you shoot the pellet, the internal speed is shown on the program and you enter the speed of your external chrono and the relevance to match.. When you shot the pellet to determine the internal speed, did the chrono display on the rifle MATCH what the internal speed was?
My chrono on the rifle does not match the internal speed detected by the chrono on the rifle when shot it's 12fps.+ less. Shouldn't the internally detected speed MATCH the displayed speed on the chrono when shot? Doesn't the chrono detect speed and then share it with the rifle? So the two numbers should be identical? NOBODY has noticed this WHEN doing offset calibration or can answer that question. That could be the issue in having with my Alpha wolf.But nobody near me has a Alpha we can shoot to see that for ourselves...but plenty of FX's.

I understand what you are saying. My question is, when doing the chrono calibration you shoot the pellet, the internal speed is shown on the program and you enter the speed of your external chrono and the relevance to match.. When you shot the pellet to determine the internal speed, did the chrono display on the rifle MATCH what the internal speed was?
My chrono on the rifle does not match the internal speed detected by the chrono on the rifle when shot it's 12fps.+ less. Shouldn't the internally detected speed MATCH the displayed speed on the chrono when shot? Doesn't the chrono detect speed and then share it with the rifle? So the two numbers should be identical? NOBODY has noticed this WHEN doing offset calibration or can answer that question. That could be the issue in having with my Alpha wolf.But nobody near me has a Alpha we can shoot to see that for ourselves...but plenty of FX's.
I see what you are saying - yes the internal measurement and the screen read the same for me. So the offset adjustment cleared up all errors.

Have you tried updating to v1.3.7 of the firmware. Also there's the Chronograph offset compensation which makes you take a shot and the Built-In Chronographs Setup. Have you tried both?

I just hooked mine up to the software to check. Oddly mine is exactly 12fps off as well.
Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 9.29.17 PM.png

Last edited:

1. Stock, slightly different riser. I prefer the Delta Wolf because you have all of the after-market AR grips you can use and the extended Arca rail is more versatile than the slightly extended wood stock on the Alpha.
2. I shoot a decent amount and have never had the battery go under 50%. I top the battery off once or twice a week. I bought my Delta used and it's using a different battery, not the original.
3. Great in .177 and 30.
4. No issues so far other than loading a pellet backwards while sighting in for a match.
5. N/A

I am happy with my Delta Wolf but I'm hoping I never have an issue based on what I've heard about Daystate customer service. And, I think Daystate should be ashamed for what they charge for the Alpha/Deltas and not send the guns out with an adjustable cheek rest and something better than the piece of crap factory butt pad. I mean, they put a scope riser making the scope pretty high, but you have to pay $120 for an adjustable riser to get your face anywhere close to the high scope. If they have to charge $100 for a magazine, it makes me concerned that they might be struggling.
These aren't really issues with the gun, but observations on what Daystate could do better.

I see what you are saying - yes the internal measurement and the screen read the same for me. So the offset adjustment cleared up all errors.

Have you tried updating to v1.3.7 of the firmware. Also there's the Chronograph offset compensation which makes you take a shot and the Built-In Chronographs Setup. Have you tried both?

I just hooked mine up to the software to check. Oddly mine is exactly 12fps off as well.
View attachment 398083
It has the latest updates firmware. Your internal speed matched the reading on your chrono on the rifle, mine does not.I have not tried the built in chronograph set up, only offset compensation. Thanks for shooting yours to see, but I WAS thinking correct as the internal measured speed should match the speed displayed on the rifle and mine doesnt, so SOMETHING isn't right.

UPDATE: Shane at AOA talked to his contact at Daystate, and there is a correct way to sinc a new chrono, other than the one that came on with the air rifle.I did it and now it's +-3fps. wirh my external chrono.WHY it gave the chrono error earlier I have no idea as to why. But it seems to be doing good now.

UPDATE: Shane at AOA talked to his contact at Daystate, and there is a correct way to sinc a new chrono, other than the one that came on with the air rifle.I did it and now it's +-3fps. wirh my external chrono.WHY it gave the chrono error earlier I have no idea as to why. But it seems to be doing good now.
What is the sync method? My 177 and 30 barrel chronos seem to be pretty accurate to my external chrono but I would like to know the correct method in case I puck up another barrel in the future.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Are you a set it forget it person or a constant tweak and tune guy? Also how good are you cleaning the chronograph?

Hot damn man - success!

Are you a set it forget it person or a constant tweak and tune guy? Also how good are you cleaning the chronograph?
If it's shooting consistent, I won't touch a thing. I have watched the AOA video on cleaning the chrono and have done that on my old one and also have the 9mm bore mop to run thru the plastic tube.