EdGun Leshiy 2 Valkyrie vs FX Impact vs ??? for Getting Kids into the Sport

I could use advice from the community.

I have a 9 and 11 year old and both of them like to shoot my Hatsan BT65SB, but it is heavy and so hard to cock. They can only really shoot it prone, and I have to help them while shooting. I'm interested in the EdGun Leshiy 2 Valkyrie, the FX Impact, or whatever else might be similar

Things I'd like the air rifle to do:

1. Accurate and powerful enough to kill rabbits at range (thinking .25)
  2. In a package that kids can handle (light/compact enough with easy cocking)
  3. Durable and built to last: kids are hard on stuff
    [/LIST=1]

Budgetwise I'm flexible, $2500-ish

Damn can i be adopted.. Lol

I have or have owned all 3 of the below options

In all seriousness i would probably stay away for the L2 for kids. There are a couple of concerns but the primary would be complexity of the semi auto components and them having to open and close the back half of that gun resting on a semi pin design .. as you stated kids are Hard on things...

The Impact is a great gun , i would personally look for a Nice used MKII . As long as you make the kids understand to leave the buttons, knobs, and screws alone.. Good Luck .. Lol

Out of those 2 i would say the impact for sure..

Don't overlook a Taipan Veteran , simple, accurate, and damn near bomb proof, the weight is pretty close between the Impact and the Veteran.. The .25 cal Vet is a pure badass IMHO.

Impact compact. 22 lupuold rimfire scope. Rim fire rings extremely clear to 100 yard.no parallax knob . So lite I check to see if it's in the case. Out powers most and accurate. Love both my impacts.get new. Used are almost the same price.
20210905_182221.1645299634.jpg
20200705_062715.1645299704.jpg

You would be surprised what kids can do if they are taught the right way. If money is no object, the leshiy 2 would be awesome. Don't need to cock it. Don't under estimate the fun of semi auto. And there is no need to tune, unless you want to.

Impact is loads of fun too especially with the large capacity magazine. Downside to the impact, is the ease of messing up the tune, POI and the ability to easily double feed pellets. Which I assume would happen a ton with younger kids.

Leshiy 2 gets my vote.

I have two L2’s (both in .25) and an Impact M3, and I have to say I disagree with the L2 not being good for kids. It is WAY lighter than the M3, and the semi auto is a lot of fun for me and kids. A friend of mines brings his son over to shoot and he only wants to shoot the L2 now. Sure for a while you will have to monitor the kids, but I would assume you would do that anyways. 
The reason I have two L2’s is after getting the first and liking it so much I decided it would be great for open sight shooting so I got one specifically for open sights. I just received it this week and shot it for the first time today. It is a lot of fun to shoot a semi auto open sight, and I like kids to learn to use open sight in addition to a scope. 
Here is a pic of the two L2’s and once I got the open sight one sighted in I shot this group. That is a one inch 5 shot group at 30 yds (keep in mind that is with open sights), and after the first shot less than a second, probably only a half second between shots. 

The scoped L2 is a 350mm barrel, the open sight L2 is 250mm.

6E6EE5FE-7C38-4BE1-AF1F-4C532AC62F15.1645301865.jpeg
94248FD4-28E6-495C-BC66-536CBF8417A9.1645301867.jpeg

Way lighter my ass . Your gun has no scope. Comes tuned for pellets. And you can slug a compact 22. I'm hope that's a 50 yd group at least

I agree with his statement. I own both, and my leshiy 2 has a heavy athlon Helos 2-12 on it, and STILL feels lighter than my impact. They can also be slugged, so your arguments are null and void. Don’t comment unless you have something productive to say. Your previous post gave some good points. No need to piss on someone else’s foot for having a different opinion! 
weight can also be subjective. A 8lb gun that’s front heavy can feel much heavier than an 8lb gun that’s well balanced!

Reactions: islandmanstx
I have an Impact, and I like it a lot. Wr250r is correct about its tune-ability, and if you want to tune a gun it’s a great choice. I like that I can do that with my Impact, but I also like that the Leshiy is simple, straightforward, and I don’t have to do anything with it. 
My friends kid prefers the L2. I don’t know the weight difference, but there definitely is one and I also suspect that madeintheuk is correct that the weight sits farther forward on the Impact adding to that feeling.
What an amazing and great time we live in where we have so many great choices, and all of them are great guns. I grew shooting a ten pump Crossman with the cheapest scope ever and loved shooting GI Joe’s with it. I can’t even imagine having such a gun as an Impact or Leshiy bought for me to shoot when I was 9 or 11. My point being that it will be your decision in the end, but no matter what your choice is you can’t go wrong, any gun you get will put to shame what I had to shoot, and I managed to have fun with it. I suspect that the gun isn’t just for the kids though. 

Subscribed for more comments. I'm considering an L2 so my boys shoot more. They're into archery now which is great but I'm going to need elbow surgery before I can join them as an active participant. 

My boys have shot Classic Leshiys since they were 9 & 10. Being able to glance over & see it folded open & know it's safe is priceless. If we get an L2 same rules & benefits of folding open will apply.

For what it is worth, both of my boys extended their left arm way forward at that age & I was always concerned about them shooting the tip of their finger. I switched to the longer barrel for that reason. Maybe the L2 balances differently but I'll do the same with the L2.

Can’t say that would be a bad choice. I have a Wildcat in .30, but I just bought it used and haven’t got any pellets yet so I can’t speak with much authority, but I will take a swing at it. With the longer barrel the Sniper should be able to generate more power be more accurate at distance, and I would guess shoot a little more efficiently. The Sniper also has a longer air tube so more shots per fill. Have I missed anything?

I just saw that there is a pretty good deal on a used Wildcat MK3 on the classifieds.