• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Flex Seal for Pick Apart Foam?

Polyethylene also available here custom cut for the Apache 9800 case.

Reactions: manabeknives
I wish i had bought the foam you advertised...it would have saved me soo much time!
My cuts were slightly oversized for the case, which made my inner cuts a little undersized because i squished the foam into the case
It took a lot of time to cut it all up. Using a "hot wire" would have been quicker/cleaner than my knife, but ya make use of what you have
I like this much,much better compared to the "pluck/pull" foam. I know this will last much longer
Finally have the case fitted to my rifle and accessories..but these cases are HEAVY empty . When full...glad it has wheels ;)
IMG_0189.jpeg

Reactions: beerthief
I wish i had bought the foam you advertised...it would have saved me soo much time!
My cuts were slightly oversized for the case, which made my inner cuts a little undersized because i squished the foam into the case
It took a lot of time to cut it all up. Using a "hot wire" would have been quicker/cleaner than my knife, but ya make use of what you have
I like this much,much better compared to the "pluck/pull" foam. I know this will last much longer
Finally have the case fitted to my rifle and accessories..but these cases are HEAVY empty . When full...glad it has wheels ;)
View attachment 465158
My PE foam is on the way - glad I read your original reply. Nice looking rig you have there! And yes, VERY HEAVY - even empty! How do you like the Epoch?

That is polyurethane foam. Its the other factory option to pick and pluck, soft, open cell and eventually disintegrates. The polyethylene foam is much better long term and for heavy objects.

That is polyurethane foam. Its the other factory option to pick and pluck, soft, open cell and eventually disintegrates. The polyethylene foam is much better long term and for heavy objects.
Look closely and you'll see there is an option for polyurethane or polyethylene foam I ordered the PE/polyethylene foam

Reactions: Sergey1972
My PE foam is on the way - glad I read your original reply. Nice looking rig you have there! And yes, VERY HEAVY - even empty! How do you like the Epoch?
I really am enjoying the Epoch, even more since i replaced the HP regulator gauge to a digital one.
I have a .22 with the long pellet barrel and will soon get a slug barrel in about 6-8 weeks.
Although the voice prompts are really fun in the beginning, after a few weeks i needed to switch it to the tonal mode.
still learning a lot about the settings
te electronic trigger is like pressing a key on a typewriter ..super light ..takes a little getting used to. you can understand why skout has the safeties in place.
What rifle is going in your case?
Mike

I really am enjoying the Epoch, even more since i replaced the HP regulator gauge to a digital one.
I have a .22 with the long pellet barrel and will soon get a slug barrel in about 6-8 weeks.
Although the voice prompts are really fun in the beginning, after a few weeks i needed to switch it to the tonal mode.
still learning a lot about the settings
te electronic trigger is like pressing a key on a typewriter ..super light ..takes a little getting used to. you can understand why skout has the safeties in place.
What rifle is going in your case?
Mike
It'll be a RAW HM1000X mounted in an MPA chassis. The gun, scope, bipod, etc. ready to shoot weighs in at just over 19 pounds and as you know the Apache case is almost 20 pounds so, yes, pretty hefty setup. Like you, I'm glad it has wheels! Headed to my first N50 competition tomorrow.

Reactions: manabeknives
I have used flex seal only in roofing applications. That said, I have a lot of high-end optics. I would be very nervous about using any such product due to outgassing of left over solvent.

It may not be a problem, but I would not want to discover it is the hard way.
Agreed. I ordered a piece of polyethylene foam.