Notos customizing

The Umarex Notos is my 2nd favorite airgun, right behind the Huben Gk1 pistol in a Carbine stock. I love compact airguns being I am only 5'7 and find some of the the airguns too long for my style of hunting. I like to rat hunt at night so I need a way to attach a flash light. With the new Bravo3d forearm or handguard attachment I can now attach a flashlight. The forearm has a picatinny rail and it also has 2 Mlok slots for more attachments. Check out the site www.bravo3d.com

Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 9.40.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 9.40.42 AM.png

DSCN3831.JPG

Last edited:
A question was asked about barrel twist of the Notos in another thread, using a 6" long Cerrosafe casting I get a right hand twist at about 1 in 22" to the best of my calc. 91 deg. 24 min in the 6" lenth. I used a 4.0 mm carbon fiber rod to push out the slug. It was a kite kit but works great for clearing jams also as it won't mar the rifling. Last pic are various pellet sizer I made for my brother's guns.

View attachment 379841

View attachment 379842

View attachment 379843
Thank you, SO much for the barrel twist info. (Recently got mine) Haven't had the chance to check it and haven't found the info anywhere online. A 1:22" twist makes sense. I was bewildered as to why this gun is so accurate. Mr. Firewalker is doing some REAL mods to these guns resulting in higher FPS, and they are still shooting well afterwards. I guess UX "took note" and applied what FX is doing with their pellet liners.

Thank you, SO much for the barrel twist info. (Recently got mine) Haven't had the chance to check it and haven't found the info anywhere online. A 1:22" twist makes sense. I was bewildered as to why this gun is so accurate. Mr. Firewalker is doing some REAL mods to these guns resulting in higher FPS, and they are still shooting well afterwards. I guess UX "took note" and applied what FX is doing with their pellet liners.

The big difference that the FX liners allow for is the use of slugs, higher velocities and distance shots. I'm told that there are some changes coming for the Notos, nothing confirmed but the design of the gun would allow for more performance if Umarex decided to up the game.

Would like to know who is the grip frame made by in picture #78 thanks in advance.
It's from Terry @ Buck Rail, look at post #77 for before mods. I also opened the hammer spring access to allow spring removal/change without removing the lower section. Below is final version compared to my home made Prod, also now regulated with Notos reg and tank.

IMG_0599.jpg