Notos customizing

here's what I did to mine, thanks to firewalker and Dallas.. I shortened the barrel 4" and have a 3d printed moderator so it is all inside the shroud, moderator is vented to inside the shroud.. couldn't have done it without Dallis sourcing the moderator.. I was totally surprised that it is more accurate with the new barrel crown and quieter than the factory moderator.. I lost around 100 fps but at least I can shoot it freehand

View attachment 435079

View attachment 435080

View attachment 435081

View attachment 435082
Looks very nice and clean job.

Reactions: markhooper
Here is a tease for an upcoming Notos mod....

20240212_172829.jpg

Yes, it's fully functional and clears the Carm magazine.

I knew you wouldn't stick with the first version :)

Looks awesome, id love to try one.

The first design was functional and cheap for raw materials but took such a long time to make and looks amateurish.

This is a commercial product, refitted to the Notos.

It was not my idea but the brainchild of one of my customers. None are available for sale yet.

The first design was functional and cheap for raw materials but took such a long time to make and looks amateurish.

This is a commercial product, refitted to the Notos.

It was not my idea but the brainchild of one of my customers. None are available for sale yet.
I said that with full respect to the level of quality work you produce.

Keep up the good work bud.

Well, it was really fun hunting with the Notos (Big Daddy) this past season. Got multiple limits of grouse and cotton tail rabbits. I had a few long shots that required follow up shots, so I decided to tweak it some more. Got it to push 42 FPE with the original design puppet valve. I may make another balance valve for this after I finish the wood stock project for Mamma Notos.

View attachment 413382

View attachment 413383

View attachment 413384
Genob
where is the balance valve in the notos.. as far as I remember there is the main poppet valve that the hammer hits and the regulator.. so I thought only guns like huben had balance valve instead of the hammer.. did you modify it for a balance valve or is it something else you made?

Reactions: markhooper
Finally got some free time for myself, starting to mock up my notos pistol. The poor mans AP16 I did together with my brother is working excellent for him. Now I want one but I'll make it 300 mm AOL. The tank along with the end caps opened up and the regulator put on a diet with new housing netted 60 cc of air volume. Need to shorten the barrel more, currently the pistol is at 330 mm AOL.

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

Update on my Notos pistol project, started preliminary testing today. Barrel is now at 210 mm, front tank cup is not final design. First was unregulated to see if additional air volume would give more shot count. I had valve lock problems at 250 bar charge, reduced to 220 bar and shot to 110 bar. This resulted in an extreme spread of 97 f/s (37 shots) with 19 shots on the curb at 15 f/s spread. Installed reg back on (set @ 120 bar) and got 652 average f/s with 14.3 CPHP for joules, 28 shots before falling off reg. More tuning to come, lighter hammer and lighter poppet valve spring. Just using Terry's lower for the grip until I get some time to make my own. Pistol weight at 998 grams ( 2.24 lbs. with micro dot).

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg