• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Perspective on off hand shooting

I shoot my pistols everyday at least 20 rounds, usually 2 magazines. It is not economical to print your own targets. They are much cheaper to buy in bulk and they are made from heavier paper stock. I use the 14cm square, 5 1" bullseye 10 meter rifle target at 25 meters. I can now consistently shoot 3 round groups in each bullseye at 25 meters, but I shoot every day. Most folks cannot do that. In that same 14 cm format there are also single 3" bullseye targets available for the same cost in bulk. I keep both in stock.

I just make up my own.
An 8-1/2" x 11" piece of paper, thirteen, 5/8" dia. black dots with a felt tip pen, pin it to my foam (archery target) and start shooting.
I put three to five shots into each black dot.
I can change the diameter of the dots, change the placement of the dots...make up any pattern that I want...not a big deal.

Unfortunately, my printer died, so I need to make them by hand. Still cheap ! Be even cheaper (timewise) when I get another printer.

Mike

Reactions: MrP
Can anyone help me find printable targets suitable for off hand pistol shooting at 10 and 25 m? Even better, is there some set of accuracy standards / benchmarks out there i could use for self assessment purposes? Maybe typical amateur match scores on a standard target of some kind?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I larp around my house and back yard doing shooting drills. I'll shoot from a bench when I become an invalid.

I should also change my targets out more often, but I just never do.

brave_mUSRXS9WzZ.png

The standard distance for NRA and ISSF-sanctioned air pistol (and rifle) competition is 10 meters, and the ISSF has official targets for those. The 10M pistol target (NRA designation B-40) has an 11.5mm 10-ring, the other rings are 8mm and the center area through the 7 ring is printed black. As noted, you can buy those in bulk printed on good paper that punches clean holes which is probably best.

The Wikipedia article on the 10M game is quite a good starting point:

In the UK, 6-yard competition is also popular for smaller interior ranges. Here's a site that has both targets as PDF's for download:

Here is an interesting article describing how to scale the 10-meter target, and its mounting height, for different distances:

A typical 10M match is 60 shots, and I'd say a competitive score at the local level is maybe 500 or so? Here's another Wiki article that chronicles how the world record score has progressed over time (note that the number of shots, target sizes, and scoring methods have changed over time). It's rather humbling:

Tons of other printable targets out there, too - just google "printable air pistol target." Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MrP
The standard distance for NRA and ISSF-sanctioned air pistol (and rifle) competition is 10 meters, and the ISSF has official targets for those. The 10M pistol target has an 11.5mm 10-ring, the other rings are 8mm and the center area through the 7 ring is printed black. As noted, you can buy those in bulk printed on good paper that punches clean holes which is probably best.

The Wikipedia article on the 10M game is quite a good starting point:

In the UK, 6-yard competition is also popular for smaller interior ranges. Here's a site that has both targets as PDF's for download:

Here is an interesting article describing how to scale the 10-meter target, and its mounting height, for different distances:

A typical 10M match is 60 shots, and I'd say a competitive score at the local level is maybe 500 or so? Here's another Wiki article that chronicles how the world record score has progressed over time (note that the number of shots, target sizes, and scoring methods have changed over time). It's rather humbling:

Tons of other printable targets out there, too - just google "printable air pistol target." Good luck!

This is great, exactly what I was looking for thank you

Reactions: MDriskill