RAW Rapid Question about Reg/HS/Hammer Efficiency

I have an ultra picky .22cal LW Poly barrel in my RAW. The only pellet/speed combo I've found to work is shooting JSB RDM Deep Pellets at about 930 - 950FPS. After trying various reg pressures, I found that setting the reg at about 155 Bar allows a maximum speed of 965fps. 97% of this is about 935fps - right where I want to be as far as reg efficiency. Unfortunately, I only get about 40 shots shooting from 200bar down to the reg set point of about 155bar.

My question is - if I switch to a lighter hammer, and hit the valve harder, would this gain me any efficiency?

Thanks!

I have an ultra picky .22cal LW Poly barrel in my RAW. The only pellet/speed combo I've found to work is shooting JSB RDM Deep Pellets at about 930 - 950FPS. After trying various reg pressures, I found that setting the reg at about 155 Bar allows a maximum speed of 965fps. 97% of this is about 935fps - right where I want to be as far as reg efficiency. Unfortunately, I only get about 40 shots shooting from 200bar down to the reg set point of about 155bar.

My question is - if I switch to a lighter hammer, and hit the valve harder, would this gain me any efficiency?

Thanks!

Not unless your experiencing hammer bounce and the lighter hammer helps eliminate/reduce it.

Increasing reg pressure and going further from plateau (95%-93% for example) would increase efficiency.

Think of efficiency as the position the pellet is in your barrel when the valve closes, the closer to muzzle end the less efficient, so tuning closer to plateau is less efficient than tuning further away. The issue there is not every gun can be tuned so far away from plateau while remaining consistent, which is why most recommend 97% or so from plateau, for peek consistency.

So generally speaking, the trade off is either more efficient (tuned further away from plateau) for less consistent shot to shot FPS, or more consistent (tuned closer to plateau) for less efficiency and reduced shot count.

-Matt

For efficiency you need anti hammer bounce device.

Bhaur
I might need to have another SSG made. I tried my current one, but all of my heavy hammer springs have too small an ID to fit over the guides. I could chuck my current one in a drill press to bring it down, but then I wouldn't be able to use it for my .177cal, RAW. Now that I'm thinking about this... it would probably, be more valuable with the .22cal... I think I'll do just that! Thanks for the tip!!!

Just a quick question and comment. Are you speaking of the HM1000X with a 480cc bottle?

If so, running your numbers says its efficiency is in the ballpark of 1.50fpe/ci. That's very good for a .22 running at nearly 50fpe.
Yes, sorry, it's an HM1000x with the 480cc bottle. And thanks for the confirmation on efficiency. I guess I'm just surprised at how many less shots I get vs my .177cal Raw. That one (also an HM1000x with the 480cc bottle) gets 90 shots from 180 bar down to the reg set point of 120.

I'm really hoping this .22 barrel will also work with the new JSB RDM Light pellets at a lower power level so that I can get more shots.

Thanks again!