RX2 fitted With B-Square AA adjustable mounts

Made the stop pin and now installed hecoil inserts in the gimbals 2 were striped, I think this will be better then original threads, as the set screws will be pushing on the coils.

Think the mount will hold up to the RX2, 

lbIfOA5AQtqrGJe03omaKw.1641766859.jpg

qg0m6ATBSaafU7VOAPKx1g.1641766951.jpg
qg0m6ATBSaafU7VOAPKx1g.1641766895.jpg

Good idea. I have used threaded inserts for several wood projects, but never thought to use helicoils in aluminum. I usually oversize and rethread the holes. 

By the way, does your RX2 have any barrel droop? My HW90 has about 0.5 degrees between the top of the receiver and the top of the barrel block. That's equivalent to 10" at 30 yards, the same as the droop compensation mounts you can buy. I'm trying to figure out if 0.5 degrees is typical for the HW90's, or if this particular one was a factory mistake.

Reactions: Bandito
I haven't had good luck with these B-Square adjustable mounts on springers.

I switched to the Monstrum adjustable one piece riser. I think it's a more stable option. I file off all the groves/teeths on one side of the mount so that it can be angled up or down to compensate for droop or to shoot at longer distances. For windage adjustment, I just put thin shims on either the front locking screw or back locking screw to angle the mount left or right.

After everything is adjusted (elevated and shimmed)...you can either drill and tap a screw onto either the front or back to lock in the adjustment or a small dap of JB weld packed into the elevated corner/gap to lock it in (easily reversible by chipping out the JB weld).

$19...can't beat the price.

1675419393444.png

1675419425489.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Y28TQ...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Last edited:
Yep, the HW90/RX2 action has a really stiff recoil. I do not rest my cheekbone on the stock, or it might get a little briuse. The scope hardware needs to be extra stout. 

I looked at adjustable droop mounts for my HW90, but finally got a fixed angle UTG drooper mount. It has an angle of 10" @ 30 yards, which translates to 0.55 degrees or about 33 moa.

It's a dual adapter, it compensates for droop and also adapts between Dovetail and Picatinny.

Having to shim and jb weld to get things into position sort of beats the idea of an adjustable mount doesnt it. All that work to save a few bucks and possibly damage your scope??? I will stick with my sportsmatch mounts, once and done, never an issue!!
I would have bought those had I known.
Mine are just high 30mm.20240430_213458.jpg

Good idea. I have used threaded inserts for several wood projects, but never thought to use helicoils in aluminum. I usually oversize and rethread the holes.

By the way, does your RX2 have any barrel droop? My HW90 has about 0.5 degrees between the top of the receiver and the top of the barrel block. That's equivalent to 10" at 30 yards, the same as the droop compensation mounts you can buy. I'm trying to figure out if 0.5 degrees is typical for the HW90's, or if this particular one was a factory mistake.
Just a note on your HW90. I have one (bought 5yr ago or so) with about 12MOA droop and no windage issues (bought as a .177) and another bought 1yr ago as a .22 with about 25MOA droop and 9-10MOA windage issue. I have a .20 barrel that when installed on the first rifle is almost dead on.