HW/Weihrauch Walnut hw97 are in at aoa...

You need to see DualMagMike's, kingfisher61's and Lewis's among more than a few others. The fw I have a just a small drop in the bucket comapred to them but thanks for the compliment :)
Steve, I'm pretty sure that you and I are the same boat when it comes to that, and I like the company!

I'll say this - there are some gorgeous high end guns out there, but few springers.
Custom springers sure, almost always with custom walnut stocks. But most high value guns are PCP's or SSP's.

And.... I'm not a really a guy who wants the PCP / SSP experience. No soul. No joy.

Now I'd love to get my nose into some custom springers! And who knows, I may do that down the road. For now, mastering (that is, trying to master...!) good quality springers is where I'm at, with all the ups and downs that goes with it.

I have two rifles that were tuned by John in PA, one is an HW35e that came to him in a package deal and that he never intended to keep. Newer gun, and it had been "tuned" plus someone had already stripped & refinished the stock. Looking for figure maybe? They didn't find any, in any event.

John told me that he was going to tune and sell it, one thing led to another and I bought it pre-tune. The only thing I asked is that he bring out the very best in that rifle while it was in his hands.
That rifle is a genuine "10" now. Operates silently. Lock up inspires confidence. Trigger is super. Shot cycle is brief. It does have a little jump to it but it's straight back and without any torque effect. Accuracy is elite. It didn't cost me anything like those premium custom rifles would, but I'm guessing that it would hold its own with any of them.

Now, if those Jan Kranner and Paul Watts rifles can actually improve on that,... well, I may have to look them up.... 👍

Until then, I'm really happy with the springers I have. Honestly I need more time WITH them than I need more OF them.... 😁

Last edited:
I was sent some pics from a different gun by staff at AOA, and it's exactly the same as mine. It didn't look normal to me at first, but now I'm not sure.

View attachment 461088

View attachment 461089
The majority of the trigger guard rests on the front and sides (wood) in the stock. The rear screw needs very little torque past snug. If the rear screw is over tightened it will affect how the trigger works in my experience.

Reactions: Bandito