What is your Opinion of SWFA SS Fixed Power Scopes

All I can tell you is DON'T buy the 20x SWFA SS scope. They should have stopped selling it long ago and the fact that they STILL sell it has made sure I will never ever own another SWFA scope.

I would have sold it, but I will NOT subject another innocent person to the lousy quality of the 20x SWFA SS. (truly)

Oh, and Cyclops can kiss my hairy... as he was the one who steered me to SWFA and "glossed" over the fact that the 20x can ONLY be used when lighting conditions are PERFECT!

And of course, lighting conditions are NEVER perfect.

OK, off of my high horse... (chuckle)

Last edited:
I have the 12x. It's a decent scope. I like the fine reticle. Turrets are large and easy to use but a little mushy. Overall I think they are a decent scope for the money ON SALE. Paying full price I think there are better scopes in that price category.

I used mine on a HW97. No issues ever. I plink, punch paper and hit reactive targets. Not sure how well it would do in a hunting situation. I like to dial the mag power back for a wider angle of view personally.

Reactions: Ezana4CE and Zut
I have the SWFA 3-15x FFP with the mil-quad reticle on my Leshiy classic and I love it. They were running a sale when I bought it and I haven't been disappointed. Most of the time I use it on 15x for general use and pesting. I bought it specifically because I liked the reticle. I am not a turret dialer, so I use holdovers. The mil-quad reticle has short and long tick marks, making it easier to count by twos and the diamonds at every 10 MOA for when you need more holdovers such as extremely short or long ranges.

And speaking of short ranges, another big selling point for me was that the parallax adjustment goes all the way down to 6 yards!

Once you properly focus the eye piece for your eye and get the reticle sharp, it's sharp and clear at all magnifications.

I am not a scope connoisseur by any means, my only other mid-tier scope is a Vortex Diamondback 6-24 FFP and they are both similar in brightness and clarity.

These days there are so many good choices out there, it's hard to pick.

I believe the scope came bundled with the sun shade but I can't remember for sure. I needed the high rings for this setup.

Marks Leshiy 22 Setup 1 20191122.jpg

Marks Leshiy 22 Setup 2 20191122.jpg

Last edited:
I have the SWFA 3-15x FFP with the mil-quad reticle on my Leshiy classic and I love it. They were running a sale when I bought it and I haven't been disappointed. Most of the time I use it on 15x for general use and pesting. I bought it specifically because I liked the reticle. I am not a turret dialer, so I use holdovers. The mil-quad reticle has short and long tick marks, making it easier to count by twos and the diamonds at every 10 MOA for when you need more holdovers such as extremely short or long ranges.

And speaking of short ranges, another big selling point for me was that the parallax adjustment goes all the way down to 6 yards!

Once you properly focus the eye piece for your eye and get the reticle sharp, it's sharp and clear at all magnifications.

I am not a scope connoisseur by any means, my other high-end scope is a vortex diamondback 6-24 ffp and they are both similar in brightness and clarity.
These days there are so many good choices out there, it's hard to pick.

I believe the scope came bundled with the sun shade but I can't remember for sure. I needed the high rings for this setup.

View attachment 290386
View attachment 290387
The Edgun is such an impressive air rifle. I have a friend who has the Leshiy 2 and it is a work of art. Thanks for the opinion on your scope.
Z

Reactions: Feinwerk
I had a SWFA 20 x and it was terrible. They took it back no questions asked. It's my understanding that the glass suffers on the straight 16 and 20x non HD models. I can't speak for the 16 but I couldn't get even reasonable clarity at 300 yards with the 20x. It was for my 223 Varmint gun so that's a deal breaker.

I had a SWFA 20 x and it was terrible. They took it back no questions asked. It's my understanding that the glass suffers on the straight 16 and 20x non HD models. I can't speak for the 16 but I couldn't get even reasonable clarity at 300 yards with the 20x. It was for my 223 Varmint gun so that's a deal breaker.
Odd, they must know there are issues with those two models. Maybe an alignment issue, the glass is Japanese I think.

Z

I have their 12x fixed scope on a HW97. Clear optics, repeatable adjustments, and built tough. I have the MOA quad reticle and its deatiled enough for good holdover without being cluttered. For springers its a good scope for the money.
Great review, thanks Vincent10. With 12x do you find it to much magnification at times?
Z

Reactions: SoCalAirrifles
Great review, thanks Vincent10. With 12x do you find it to much magnification at times?
Z
At 12x I find its versatile for both close and longer shots. I use one for target shooting from 10 to 50 yards with a 12 FT lbs rifle. It might work for HFT but I read some prefer to use magnification of 8-10 power even when their scopes max at 12+ power. For the SWFA I wouldn't go less than 10x.

At 12x I find its versatile for both close and longer shots. I use one for target shooting from 10 to 50 yards with a 12 FT lbs rifle. It might work for HFT but I read some prefer to use magnification of 8-10 power even when their scopes max at 12+ power. For the SWFA I wouldn't go less than 10x.
Thanks Vincent10,
I appreciate it. I'll consider the 12x. I was thinking the 10 would be good for the same distances you are shooting. Maybe a 12x would be a bit better.

Z

Anyone used a 10X42 SWFA SS scope on a springer?

What do you use if for? Hunting, field target, punching paper?
There are three choice of reticle Mil-Dot, MOA-Quad and Mil-Quad. I kind of like the MOA-Quad. What reticle do you have and how do you like it?

Thanks
Z
I use the SWFA 20x42 fixed scope on my HW97 for the past year. Scope holds up well to the spring recoil. I wont gloss over the fact the eye relief is kinda brutal (chuckle) very difficult to find the “sweet spot” as they say. Upside super durable and consistent scope On a budget.

Reactions: Zut
The eye relief on the Swfa 20x is critical. It was designed for long distance target shooting and do a Damm good job. I ran one on my Texan .257 with fx limit rings and blast coke cans @ 300 yds with nsa 85 hpbt. Granted not an aim and shoot scope as eye placement is to critical, but work well for intended purpose. The sweetheart of swfa fixed is the 10x sf milquad. Best warranty in business.

The eye relief on the Swfa 20x is critical. It was designed for long distance target shooting and do a Damm good job. I ran one on my Texan .257 with fx limit rings and blast coke cans @ 300 yds with nsa 85 hpbt. Granted not an aim and shoot scope as eye placement is to critical, but work well for intended purpose. The sweetheart of swfa fixed is the 10x sf milquad. Best warranty in business.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. The 10x was the one I was most interested in.

So you like the Mil-quad over the Moa-Quad. Why is that? I don't know the specific reason for one versus the other.

Z