What springer did you shoot today?

I'll shoot springers tomorrow, it will be cooler outside. But today after lunch shot the qb78, trying to shoot out the back of a can with one charge of sticks at 35 yards.

20240515_130015.jpg

20240515_130106.jpg

I took the little Russian (IZH60) out for a few.
Not very powerful but built by Baikal, you know it is accurate, if you do your part.
Tried shooting some cards, standing, offhand with 7.9 CPH From 8 yards.
Look closely and you can see the 6 of spades was just grazed…😵‍💫

View attachment 464691

View attachment 464692
Great idea. Excellent shooting. I’ve shot cards before but forgot. Time to dig some out. Like your holder. Thanks Crow

Tested out the HW77 at 20 meters today. Supported sitting, but definitely not equivalent to bags or a sled. Just a table, mat, and my hand.

It’s very consistent group to group. Zeroed in the windage between each group, hence POI change. Interesting that the elevation changed, lighting was changing too so I blame that.

It really likes these JSB Heavies.
IMG_4329.png
IMG_4330.png
IMG_4328.png

Went out after supper. HW77 .22. I was tuned in at 47 yds. with this beauty.View attachment 465041Pulled out a sleeper. HW30 .22. I ordered a HW30 in stainless in .20 cal. Don’t know if available. If not I’ll get it in .22 cal. Absolutely fantastic rifle. View attachment 465042Crow
Came across a 77 long .22 at a Show , snapped it up faster than i could get the cash out . even though it was .22 , wish it was .177 .

It’s very consistent group to group. Zeroed in the windage between each group, hence POI change. Interesting that the elevation changed, lighting was changing too so I blame that.
Unusual elevation changes could be caused by scope mounts slippage on springer. Other possibilities may be dieseling, or significant velocity increases. Velocity changes shouldn't be all that noticeable at closer ranges though.

Third tin on the 97K at 75 yards.
Right out of the gate I shot a nice 1 inch group in the wind, an inch and a half left of the bull and just a tad high. Both wind socks were hanging left.
The next shot went two inches right of bull to my dismay. So I look and the wnd socks were pointed to the right. 👍 I shot a sloppy 2 inch group there. Then went on to plinking.

Came across a 77 long .22 at a Show , snapped it up faster than i could get the cash out . even though it was .22 , wish it was .177 .
Nice score Stan. I wish all my 77’s were long. Also love to go to a show. My daughter lives 2 1/2 hours from the July show in Syracuse. Contemplating. Crow

Nice score Stan. I wish all my 77’s were long. Also love to go to a show. My daughter lives 2 1/2 hours from the July show in Syracuse. Contemplating. Crow
How are you going to get a trailer full of guns back into Canada ?

My newest, HW80 .22, Blackie. I’m really enjoying this rifle.
IMG_8633.jpeg
I shot a can with this HW85 .22. Had a can hanging by 19 rounds, couldn’t break any records.
IMG_8635.jpeg
Next up a HW50 .22. Vortek spring. Great gun.
IMG_8636.jpeg
And last for the night before the mosquito’s drove me crazy. HW30 .20. An absolute blast to shoot. Crow
IMG_8637.jpeg

I took the little Russian (IZH60) out for a few.
Not very powerful but built by Baikal, you know it is accurate, if you do your part.
Tried shooting some cards, standing, offhand with 7.9 CPH From 8 yards.
Look closely and you can see the 6 of spades was just grazed…😵‍💫

View attachment 464691

View attachment 464692
That’s great shooting, Frank. I had one of those Baikals years ago — fun to shoot but mine wasn't very accurate (compared with the 10 meter rifles I was used to shooting — not a fair comparison).