Will this breathing tank be good enough to fill pcp air rifle

This breathing tank comes with a s410 but not sure if it works with the s410 or not or should I buy a new air tank
1000028748.jpg

This breathing tank comes with a s410 but not sure if it works with the s410 or not or should I buy a new air tankView attachment 461510
]Who manufactured this tank ? what is the PSI filling limit ? when was the last test date ? Is there a Stamp or date of manufacture ? no answers ? i would say NO

Reactions: Gerry52
Upon what do you base your response? Just curious. You MIGHT be giving a dangerously WRONG suggestion.
It’s got bisley shooting products label on it.
Also, it will either be 208bar or 300 bar. If 208 it can’t fit a 300bar din charging connector.
The AAs410 has a recommended 190bar fill.
The fact that it has breathing air written on it means nothing unless you actually intend to use it for breathing in which case it has more filters on the compressor to ensure contaminants has been removed.

It’s got bisley shooting products label on it.
Also, it will either be 208bar or 300 bar. If 208 it can’t fit a 300bar din charging connector.
The AAs410 has a recommended 190bar fill.
The fact that it has breathing air written on it means nothing unless you actually intend to use it for breathing in which case it has more filters on the compressor to ensure contaminants has been removed.
I'm not familiar with Bisley products or their labels. Personally, until I'd seen all relevant dates, stamps, working & test pressures & hydrostatic test record of that particular tank I wouldn't assume to confirm it's usable. That's just me.

on amazon in uk

sold at shooting sports in uk

The 2 links are available in a quick google search and shows some examples of these tanks . I do not own one myself ( just to clarify );)

As others have suggested check the hydro date and the stamped information on the tank . If it were me I would remove the valve system and inspect the interior for any evidence of moisture as well . If you do not understand what everyone is suggesting Please take it to some one who is qualified and does lol .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plus the single picture does not provide the necessary information for any of us to make that call for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not always a good idea to trust random strangers on the internet which I am sure you are aware of .

Be safe above all and I hope all is well for you .:coffee:

I'm not familiar with Bisley products or their labels. Personally, until I'd seen all relevant dates, stamps, working & test pressures & hydrostatic test record of that particular tank I wouldn't assume to confirm it's usable. That's just me.
Which is why in my first post I said that depending on its age it will need a test. The op lives in the uk, there is zero chance he would be able to have that bottle charged without a test certificate is zero and even less of a chance of getting it charged if it doesn’t have working pressure and test pressure stamped on it.
In my 35 years of experience with pressurised cylinders you for air breathing gas, I have never seen a cylinder carbon, aluminium or steel that has a working pressure of less than 3000psi
on amazon in uk

The 2 links are available in a quick google search and shows some examples of these tanks . I do not own one myself ( just to clarify );)

As others have suggested check the hydro date and the stamped information on the tank . If it were me I would remove the valve system and inspect the interior for any evidence of moisture as well . If you do not understand what everyone is suggesting Please take it to some one who is qualified and does lol .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plus the single picture does not provide the necessary information for any of us to make that call for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not always a good idea to trust random strangers on the internet which I am sure you are aware of .

Agreed but removing the valve and having a peek inside is not an indication of the cylinders safety, the threads need to be tested with a “go no go” thread gauge. Regardless of how good a condition the cylinder appears to be, they do have a finite life span.

Bb

on amazon in uk

"Which is why in my first post I said that depending on its age it will need a test. The op lives in the uk, there is zero chance he would be able to have that bottle charged without a test certificate is zero and even less of a chance of getting it charged if it doesn’t have working pressure and test pressure stamped on it.
In my 35 years of experience with pressurised cylinders you for air breathing gas, I have never seen a cylinder carbon, aluminium or steel that has a working pressure of less than 3000psi"

I too have about 35 years of experience with scba tanks working in the firefighting equipment industry after having been a firefighter for a few years. Been a licensed hydrotester til about 3 years ago. THAT'S exactly why I get so concerned about people looking for a cheap way out or just too eager to have an easier way to fill guns. SAFETY FIRST! Convenient & cheaper is NOT always better or APPROPRIATE for our needs.

Reactions: beerthief
Gerry = ?????
Bb= ?????
o_O
I am confused how are any of us saying anything different to the O P . I thought it was clear enough get it tested period lol . :rolleyes:

The op lives in the uk, there is zero chance he would be able to have that bottle charged without a test certificate is zero and even less of a chance of getting it charged if it doesn’t have working pressure and test pressure stamped on it.

Oh and bye the way Gerry he could fill it his self with a cheap compressor at home and put his safety at risk . This would be how he could get it filled in the UK without it being inspected and of course we all have recommended him not to do this.
:rolleyes:

Reactions: cavedweller
In my 35 years of experience with pressurised cylinders you for air breathing gas, I have never seen a cylinder carbon, aluminium or steel that has a working pressure of less than 3000psi
I’m sure you’re being truthful, but I can assure you that that is not ordinary. LP steel scuba tanks are as common as dirt and depending on their vintage will typically have a fill pressure between 2200 and 2600 psi. I’ve got some really old ones that are only rated to 1600 psi.

Here’s an example of a current production lp tank. 2400 psi rating with a 10% overfill, so 2640 psi if it is properly tested for the overfill.

Last edited:
Gerry = ?????
Bb= ?????
o_O
I am confused how are any of us saying anything different to the O P . I thought it was clear enough get it tested period lol . :rolleyes:

Oh and bye the way Gerry he could fill it his self with a cheap compressor at home and put his safety at risk . This would be how he could get it filled in the UK without it being inspected and of course we all have recommended him not to do this.
:rolleyes:
The post you're attributing to "me" is NOT from me. It was a response.