30-Yard Challenge

Shot my HW100 .22 Carbine today. Shot six cards at 30 yards and threw one in the trash.

Overall, very solid shooting with the 30Y Challenge card with a slight wind @ 1-3 mph, and still at times. Although it was slight, I still missed some wind calls or had a rare bad pellet possibly. I did get some unexpected rare fliers, but it was probably the wind. Note to self: Inspect the pellets a bit more carefully when I am loading either SST or the magazine. I used both today; SST and magazine.

183-5X (throw away)
186-9X
194-5X
194-7X
196-11X
196-12X

View attachment 464121

View attachment 464122

View attachment 464123

Awesome string of mid-190s cards with that HW Tommy. All the more impressive when I see that you are using a 16x scope to shoot those cards!

I shot a card with the RTI Ptophet 1 today .22 gr JTS around 915 fps

20240513_183821.jpg

Great shooting with your RTI Sharp Pog. What regulator pressure do you use?

I shot three 30-Challenge cards with my unregulated Reximex Daystar yesterday:
195 13X
195 11X
197 12X

I submit the 197 card for our Leaderboard. I battled a shifting wind on all 3 cards. The second 195 card definitely could have scored higher, but I got burned when my flags seemed still, yet wind was still pushing the little .177 pellets left.

The wind died down at 5:30pm and I shot a 40-Masters card with .22 Crown. First sighter was low (as usual with PCPs). Second sighter was a perfect bullseye, so I started the card. I submit this 196 14X !

I was getting so excited shooting the card that I pulled the shot that resulted in the 8 on target 8b. It definitely could be 15X as 7a could be just touching the X. I scored it conservatively as 195+ cards at 40-Masters are damn rare. So, counting my sighter, I put 15 out of 21 shots on the X at 40 yards… I was happy - made Becky take my picture with the card.

Thanks to TommyB who encourages me to shoot the Crown. If I shot it often, I could maybe improve with it and move closer towards Marvin’s level… but I love to rotate my rifles, so the Crown only gets a small slice of time.

IMG_4651.jpeg

IMG_4653.jpeg

IMG_4647.jpeg

IMG_4650.jpeg

195 13X
195 11X
197 12X

I submit the 197 card for our Leaderboard. I battled a shifting wind on all 3 cards. The second 195 card definitely could have scored higher, but I got burned when my flags seemed still, yet wind was still pushing the little .177 pellets left.

The wind died down at 5:30pm and I shot a 40-Masters card with .22 Crown. First sighter was low (as usual with PCPs). Second sighter was a perfect bullseye, so I started the card. I submit this 196 14X !

I was getting so excited shooting the card that I pulled the shot that resulted in the 8 on target 8b. It definitely could be 15X as 7a could be just touching the X. I scored it conservatively as 195+ cards at 40-Masters are damn rare. So, counting my sighter, I put 15 out of 21 shots on the X at 40 yards… I was happy - made Becky take my picture with the card.

Thanks to TommyB who encourages me to shoot the Crown. If I shot it often, I could maybe improve with it and move closer towards Marvin’s level… but I love to rotate my rifles, so the Crown only gets a small slice of time.

View attachment 464294

View attachment 464295

View attachment 464296

View attachment 464297

196-14x would be a great “30y” Challenge card, but achieving that score with a “40y Masters” card is really tough. My knees would be knocking with excitement as I think about you shooting the card.

Nice job Ed!

195 13X
195 11X
197 12X

View attachment 464294

View attachment 464295

View attachment 464296

View attachment 464297
this last card it a great card , Congrat's
Stan in KY .

Thanks Guys, it was a fun day shooting and the Crown 40-Masters card was a nice end to the day.

Thought some of you might be interested in my data on my Crown. Below you will find every 40 yard card I’ve shot - including some notes.

To date, the Crown has been the best 40 yard rifle I’ve found. My RTI Prophet when shooting .22 caliber averages 191 at 40-Challenge and 188 at 40-Masters. The Prophet has been 2nd best.

As many of you know, I’m playing my own game when I shoot my cards. I take sighters before starting the card, but zero sighters once I start the card. I want to know how well I can adjust shot-to-shot - without practice shots (sighters) in between.

An interesting data point is my Dec 20th 40-Masters cards with Crown. I shot back-to-back 197s, then needed to refill the air. It was in the 30s outside and 70 degrees inside where I filled. The next card after the 197s was a 181 - same conditions. It demonstrates how temperature sensitive these PCPs are. You need to let the rifle sit and adjust to external temps before target shooting. In the cold where I am, the scopes need to adjust too - the glass elements can shift slightly when moving from warm to cold.

With all this stuff going on, I’m always amazed at how accurate these compressed air rifles are - cool hobby.

-Ed

Crown 40-Challenge.jpeg

Crown 40-Masters.jpeg

Reactions: NAProf

195 13X
195 11X
197 12X

View attachment 464294

View attachment 464295

View attachment 464296

View attachment 464297
Nice shooting

196-14x would be a great “30y” Challenge card, but achieving that score with a “40y Masters” card is really tough. My knees would be knocking with excitement as I think about you shooting the card.

Nice job Ed!
Thanks for the compliments. The reg is 120 .Unfortunately I can't get beyond 35 yards in my yard .I've been shooting all the targets at 34 yards. I have another 25 cal prophet 1 but the reg recently started to creep . I cleaned it up some but still creeping .Any suggestions on how to fix it Also the Vulcan is not shooting as good as it was . I need to figure out why . This stuff can nake you crazy. Lol

Thanks for the compliments. The reg is 120 .Unfortunately I can't get beyond 35 yards in my yard .I've been shooting all the targets at 34 yards. I have another 25 cal prophet 1 but the reg recently started to creep . I cleaned it up some but still creeping .Any suggestions on how to fix it Also the Vulcan is not shooting as good as it was . I need to figure out why . This stuff can nake you crazy. Lol

Detailed video on how to rebuild the Prophet regulator - its a simple reg: