A New Compact Airgun Era Unfolds - The New Panthera Hunter Compact is Now Available.

Chiming in since I'm the one that sent the rifle to Ted. No special hand picked liner as people suspect. In fact I told Ted it's a pellet shooter, not a slug shooter (and that's how we've marketed it). The fact that Ted got it shooting those Nielsen's is intriguing and was news to us as well when he posted. I think it's worth testing and trying to replicate!

Point being we don't have time to hand pick, we just make sure it's leak tested and operating to spec from the factory.

- Jon
Gotta love it when "Papa Jon" from FX chimes in.
You guys at least ensured that his folding stock adapter had screws and a plug for the air port.
Not so much for the ones that shipped out.
I'm still sitting with an adapter I cannot use. Been 2 weeks since I contacted FX USA and still waiting.

Thanks for the response!

Reactions: Dairyboy
The barrels on Dreamlines, Crowns, Royals and now Pantheras insert into the reciever only about 2 1/4 inches leaving the rest of it cantilevered out in the breeze while the bullpups are supported in two or three spots on the rear half of the barrel leaving only 1/2 to 2/3 of it cantilevered out. This should make it stiffer and minimize it's propensity to vibrate making that system more accurate. But there again, powderburner folks like free floating barrels, however, they are usually thick, heavy and stiff to minimize vibration. I may be wrong, but I'd like to hear what others think about this.
The Pantheras barrel system is very different compared to a Crown and dreamline. It's held in place by the plenum also. Not hanging out in the front like the others

You guys at least ensured that his folding stock adapter had screws and a plug for the air port.
I'm still sitting with an adapter I cannot use. Been 2 weeks since I contacted FX USA and still waiting.

Thanks for the response!
Maybe you should message “papa John” directly!!

Reactions: GA_LeadHead

Thanks for the response!
I'll send this over to customer service and make sure they're on it!

This Compact Hunter has really peaked my interest.
I shoot MKII Crown in .25 380mm. Gun shoots fantastic with 25.4gr but I’ve always wanted to be able to shoot the 34gr and take advantage of the better BC. The Crown just doesn’t quite have the power for them.

Now the power levels FX is reporting for this Panthera Compact seem way to good to be true. .25 cal 380mm liner making 71 ft/lbs! Even if these reported power levels are on the high side I would only need 55-60 ft/lbs to get the .25cal 34’s going plenty fast.
I also find it interesting that FX says these are not slug shoots which I fully believe but all of their listed power levels are from slugs. A very heavy 43.5gr slug from a .25 380 pellet liner? I can’t imagine that shooting well at all.
So FX will the .25 Compact shoot 34gr pellets?

Something that might be

OVERLOOKED with the Panthera Hunter:​

there is not an inch of shroud (see Ted's vid).​

So, if you are looking for short guns, that are also somewhat quiet — well, there are two different "short" to consider:
🔸"short" to shoot (it's short when it's in the shooting configuration)
🔸"short" to pack (it's not short when it's in the shooting configuration — with silencer attached and folding stock extended — only when you pack it away)

I personally want the first type of "short," but that's just me.

I do like the more sophisticated air delivery system that gets more power from a lower regulator air pressure. 👍🏼
And I'm happy our hobby is moving into that direction (be it hammerless, or balanced valve, or whatever the engineers cook up), with Huben, RTI Prophet 2 and 3, Uragan 2, and the likes. 😊

"Short" and
"Powerful" and
"Quiet"
are really three opposing requirements when choosing a gun.
Each one is directly opposed to the other two.
And as I shooter/shopper, I need to find my personal balance between these three opposite.
I call it the Gun Performance Tri∆ngle, cf. below.

Matthias

GUN Performance Triangle PCPs  to Balance Power  Quietness  Compactness. 2.2MB.jpg

Something that might be

there is not an inch of shroud (see Ted's vid).​

So, if you are looking for short guns, that are also somewhat quiet — well, there are two different "short" to consider:
🔸"short" to shoot (it's short when it's in the shooting configuration)
🔸"short" to pack (it's not short when it's in the shooting configuration — with silencer attached and folding stock extended — only when you pack it away)

I personally want the first type of "short," but that's just me.

I do like the more sophisticated air delivery system that gets more power from a lower regulator air pressure. 👍🏼
And I'm happy our hobby is moving into that direction (be it hammerless, or balanced valve, or whatever the engineers cook up), with Huben, RTI Prophet 2 and 3, Uragan 2, and the likes. 😊

"Short" and
"Powerful" and
"Quiet"
are really three opposing requirements when choosing a gun.
Each one is directly opposed to the other two.
And as I shooter/shopper, I need to find my personal balance between these three opposite.
I call it the Gun Performance Tri∆ngle, cf. below.

Matthias

View attachment 365591
Great post! But with that said none of the panthera platforms need much to quiet them up. I used a 0db 110c on my 70 fpe .22 600mm and it made it extremely quiet. Without it, turned it into a 22lr.

All it takes is a little bit :) (also not mine in pic)

Screenshot_20230613_181705_Messages.jpg

Something that might be

there is not an inch of shroud (see Ted's vid)​

Tuned right, my .22 Hunter Compact is one of the quietest guns I have now with a little Donny Tatsu on it. Now, if you cross the threshold with too much hammer, she gets loud and wastes air, but as said, if it's in harmony, it's extremely quiet. I'm shooting Hades at 915fps like a laser beam.
I haven't said much about it yet, but it's quickly becoming my favorite little backyard pellet hunter. My wildcat bt is collecting dust, and that is saying something!

• Haha
Reactions: GA_LeadHead
That may be, but the Panthera is a reasonably low powered gun. This new one has balls, and Trumps (pun intended) the others.
They have the exact same power. This thread is for the Panthera hunter which is a 380mm barrel version so yes its lower power but Panthera and Dynamic with same barrel lengths equal same power.

That may be, but the Panthera is a reasonably low powered gun. This new one has balls, and Trumps (pun intended) the others.
Could you please explain to me what exactly (internally) is different? I'm curious. Is it just the balls?
Also, guys shooting 40 grain .22 slugs over 1000fps out of their Pantheras is "resasonbly low powered"? Okay buddy. lol..
I'm getting 90lbs of energy out of my 500mm .30 Panthera, and the Reg is not even cranked up as high as it can or I'm willing to go. Maybe I should just get rid of it, since that's reasonably low powered.
That's it fellas, we now know what's wrong with our Pantheras. They lack "balls". Does anyone have a part number for those "balls"? I called FX and they hung up on me for some reason.

They have the exact same power. This thread is for the Panthera hunter which is a 380mm barrel version so yes its lower power but Panthera and Dynamic with same barrel lengths equal same power.
Au contraire, mon amis. One of the FX ads says the Dynamic Express in 22 cal makes up to 100 fpe. No other FX gun has that capability (not in factory form at least).

Could you please explain to me what exactly (internally) is different? I'm curious. Is it just the balls?
Also, guys shooting 40 grain .22 slugs over 1000fps out of their Pantheras is "resasonbly low powered"? Okay buddy. lol..
I'm getting 90lbs of energy out of my 500mm .30 Panthera, and the Reg is not even cranked up as high as it can or I'm willing to go. Maybe I should just get rid of it, since that's reasonably low powered.
That's it fellas, we now know what's wrong with our Pantheras. They lack "balls". Does anyone have a part number for those "balls"? I called FX and they hung up on me for some reason.
THe FX ad for the Dynamic Express shows up to 100 fpe for the 22 cal. I don't know of any other gun with that specification. I have no idea how the internals are different. Maybe they use a hammer spring out of a Cadillac front end.

1687378412865.png

Au contraire, mon amis. One of the FX ads says the Dynamic Express in 22 cal makes up to 100 fpe. No other FX gun has that capability (not in factory form at least).
So those new Dynamic Express "Balls" give the .22 guys a whopping 4lbs more energy. lol.

Just a friendly reminder. This thread is about the new COMPACT panthera. Not the "Dynamic".

Last edited:
THe FX ad for the Dynamic Express shows up to 100 fpe for the 22 cal. I don't know of any other gun with that specification. I have no idea how the internals are different. Maybe they use a hammer spring out of a Cadillac front end.

View attachment 366495
Well here's both ads for the Panthera and Dynamic. Both say same power....me thinks there rounding up on that one you posted?

Screenshot_20230621_134243_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230621_134344_Chrome.jpg