• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA AEA SF series rifle, what are your thoughts and experience?

I want to try out this recently released AEA SF rifle and I read both negative and positive comments about this platform, so I'm a bit lost if it's worth to explore AEA SF world or if it's better to wait for the next AEA SF "refresh" where they would iron out all the issues or if I should stay away for AEA altogether :). Love it? Hate it? Please share your thoughts and experience with the AEA SF platform. Thank you guys!

I have one in 22cal. and it is a nice gun but the triggers aren't the best. If a good light trigger really matters to you this is not the gun for you. I also have an AEA HP SS in 22cal. that I like better. I converted the HP SS to shoot single bolt action as it ended up jamming pretty often after I shot a couple of thousand pellets through it. I like it much better single shot. I wish it had a regulator like the HP SF. I do like the CF tank on the SS better. The SF is a nice gun if your looking for a semi auto at a lower price. I have 7 AEA guns and they are all very powerful for their cal. and mostly very accurate for their price range but other than the Challenger Pro the triggers are their biggest drawback. I have switch over to Brococks in the smaller calibers and if you go used they are actually less money than the HPSF and worlds better other than having semi auto.

well you know I have one for sale, make me an offer..haha. really I don't have much negative to say about the SF .30cal I have except for the fact that for me the .30 cal is not practical for me. It is probably the heaviest gun I have and the trigger is on the heavy side too but I figured it was nature of the beast for semi auto and bigger cal. I always wanted a bigger caliber gun, I got one and now honeymoon is over and I prefer .25cal and under really. I found keeping the regulator between 2.5-3k cleared up any jamming for running it in semi auto.

Interesting, I always looked at 30 cal as a nice middle ground between heavier .35 cal (9mm) and up and smaller and lighter calibers like .22 (~5.56 mm). And I really like 25 cal (7.62mm) though. I got into airgun shooting world from shooting firearms and tend to gravitate towards the bigger calibers, probably just a habit of sorts :). Talking about the trigger, I'm working on my AEA HP Max trying to polish the trigger surface and make it lighter and crispier, I'll see if and how it will turn out, but I heard that it makes a world of difference.

well you know I have one for sale, make me an offer..haha. really I don't have much negative to say about the SF .30cal I have except for the fact that for me the .30 cal is not practical for me. It is probably the heaviest gun I have and the trigger is on the heavy side too but I figured it was nature of the beast for semi auto and bigger cal. I always wanted a bigger caliber gun, I got one and now honeymoon is over and I prefer .25cal and under really. I found keeping the regulator between 2.5-3k cleared up any jamming for running it in semi auto.
Do have both .25 and .30 AEA SF's? Looking to pick up the 10in .25

So far, the only and the best mod for AEA rifle I found is polishing the trigger surface lightly to get a clean and crisp break. Maybe changing the trigger spring can help to make it lighter as well. @Scotay42 did it on AEA Challenger Pro I bought from him and has much better understanding and experience about the whole process of trigger polishing. I'm trying to do it on my AEA SF as well. I'm also looking into the possibility of adding shims between the trigger and the housing to minimize trigger wobbling. One other interesting mod that I came across is adding a trigger-sear adjusting screw to give it a good trigger action, which was done by @AirNGasman. I did not investigate further, but I think he did it by attaching an L-bracket in front of the trigger with a set screw that pushes the trigger a bit backwards and allows you to adjust and shorten the trigger pull length.

I have two HP's and I think the barrels are the same as the SF. I get groups about size of a quarter at 50 yds. I have golf balls set up at 50 yds and can hit them most of the time. One gun has an 8" and one 13" barrel.
How many shots in a group?
Are they so accurate in semiauto?

And, most importantly, did they come so accurate stock or did you have to use any of your (very significant) skills to make them accurate ?

All of mine is semi auto. They shot good out of the box but cocking effort and trigger needed dealt with before I was going to shoot them much. I will say this I have not had (ANY) out of the box guns powder or air that I was satisfied with when first purchased. This includes Ruger, S&W, Browning ECT. Even my AR's have been worked over and triggers honed or replaced. Its that or shoot it thousands of times to break them in. Firearms and airguns are very simular to a combustion engine. They break in over time and work smoother. Or you can smooth them up.

Groups are 5 shot. Key to good accuracy in semi auto for me is to hold them tight.

All of mine is semi auto. They shot good out of the box but cocking effort and trigger needed dealt with before I was going to shoot them much. I will say this I have not had (ANY) out of the box guns powder or air that I was satisfied with when first purchased. This includes Ruger, S&W, Browning ECT. Even my AR's have been worked over and triggers honed or replaced. Its that or shoot it thousands of times to break them in. Firearms and airguns are very simular to a combustion engine. They break in over time and work smoother. Or you can smooth them up.

Groups are 5 shot. Key to good accuracy in semi auto for me is to hold them tight.
hey do you have any experience with aea regs for the 52mm tanks like in the sf?… sorry to change topic

I have one in 22cal. and it is a nice gun but the triggers aren't the best. If a good light trigger really matters to you this is not the gun for you. I also have an AEA HP SS in 22cal. that I like better. I converted the HP SS to shoot single bolt action as it ended up jamming pretty often after I shot a couple of thousand pellets through it. I like it much better single shot. I wish it had a regulator like the HP SF. I do like the CF tank on the SS better. The SF is a nice gun if your looking for a semi auto at a lower price. I have 7 AEA guns and they are all very powerful for their cal. and mostly very accurate for their price range but other than the Challenger Pro the triggers are their biggest drawback. I have switch over to Brococks in the smaller calibers and if you go used they are actually less money than the HPSF and worlds better other than having semi auto.

Regulated your HP? No problem....

20221204_155127.jpg