• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-X 5.5mm (.22) 100 meter accuracy with pellets.

Hi guys, I read this string and I have to disagree that these results are not achievable with good pellets/conditions. I have about 2500 pellets through my avenge x and I usually shoot at 75 yards in my yard. I am confident with consistent calm wind I can put 10 18.13 grain pellets within 1 inch consistently (avg about .75” or 1 MOA). This tells me 1.5 at 100 should be very achievable. I will confirm next day I'm at the range at 100. I’m a .22lr competitor and I have to say with minimal tuning the avenge x will hang with a $500 .22 rifle all day at 50-75 and ammo is way cheaper. The difference comes past 100 unless you want to get into heavy high bc slugs and probably.30 caliber pcp’s to compete past 100 with rimfire. I’d like to know what these posters are shooting off of. A good bi/tripod and a rear bag will make tons of improvement.

Hi guys, I read this string and I have to disagree that these results are not achievable with good pellets/conditions. I have about 2500 pellets through my avenge x and I usually shoot at 75 yards in my yard. I am confident with consistent calm wind I can put 10 18.13 grain pellets within 1 inch consistently (avg about .75” or 1 MOA). This tells me 1.5 at 100 should be very achievable. I will confirm next day I'm at the range at 100. I’m a .22lr competitor and I have to say with minimal tuning the avenge x will hang with a $500 .22 rifle all day at 50-75 and ammo is way cheaper. The difference comes past 100 unless you want to get into heavy high bc slugs and probably.30 caliber pcp’s to compete past 100 with rimfire. I’d like to know what these posters are shooting off of. A good bi/tripod and a rear bag will make tons of improvement.

As I understand it from people who know like Miles aka Ballisticboy, the problem with pellets is high twist rate barrels. The speed of the pellets reduce a lot but the revolutions per time unit stay almost the same. When the pellet is on the downward curve it is to stable and don't turn to follow the flight path, then become wobbly and start to spiral. So, higher barrel twist rates might be good for shot distance but not so good for longer distance of 100 meter and beyond. My best 144 meter / 157 yard group with pellets is 50mm on a zero wind day. Most other group attempts on this target was not as successful. My rifle's barrel twist rate is 18.5-1. The POA was centre of the plate and I was shooting from bags.

1715541904106.png