Best PCP for coyote hunting

No no no no no

Please do not follow this person's advice.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Been hunting coyotes for 35 years shot em with everything from .177 to 7mag so don't even start. Planning to hunt coyotes with a .22 airgun is stupid and unethical. Save your breathe you'll only look silly trying to defend it. It's one thing to take one with an undersized gun in a pinch but a whole other thing to plan for it.
I disagree. It depends on the shooter and the gun. Some of these 22 airgun shoot in excess of 70ft lbs. Much higher than necessary to kill a coyote. Taken 3 or 4 with 22 myself. Just choose shots and airgun wisely or they'll run off injured.

Sigh. I've taken 2 or 3 before noon a bunch of times. I love it when a hobbyist tries to tell me about coyote hunting.
A hobbyist? You sure think you know a lot about me and my hobbies. I took 5 coyote by airgun in the last 45 days. All verified kills posted to YouTube. I didn't start hunting yesterday

• Haha
Reactions: NECOAZ
***THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN REMOVED FOR ABUSE OF FORUM***
Just like I thought. Arrogant know it all. Still laughing at you. You didn't show your Airgun Coyotes and discuss shot placement or anything. No demonstration or proof of shooting any coyote with an Airgun.

All you have is personal attacks. A clear sign you've lost your argument

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: NECOAZ
There's no argument you're just another idiot who doesn't understand ethical hunting. Nothing new. It's you trying to brag about using a gun that's underpowered thinking it makes you seem better and it doesn't. Happens every day. No big deal to me if you wanna be a clown
I'm not a clown. I'm just killing Coyotes with a 22 once in a while. You act like it's a crime. Even resort to personal attacks because your arguments are weak or even completely destroyed. I'll let this thread sit for it's original purpose. Don't get too triggered. It might get your blood pressure too high

Does it need to be a crime to be wrong? Choosing a gun that is well below the recommended threshold for ethically hunting coyotes when you have a gun that is more powerful is essentially a crime against nature and you're a dickhead if you do it.
I'm taking Coyotes ethically. Just because I do what you don't or can't is why you're upset.

Look, I'm an adult and make my own decisions. I don't seek any input from you. Toodle-ooo big guy

There are ZERO .22 caliber airguns that are the best for hunting coyotes. ZERO.
I guess you haven't watched any video out there showing a .22 calibre IS capable of humanely dropping a coyote with the proper head shot. More power doesn't mean a successful hunt. Placement shot always get the job done and with no arrogant attitude or bragging rights. Peace.

I live close to the mountains, but in an urban area. There were 4 coyotes in the front yard this morning. There is an elementary school a block away & my neighbors have two girls about a year old, plus my dog disappeared a couple years ago. I need a gun to kill Coyotes with a head shot, but not so powerful that if I get a ricochet off of the street or sidewalk I'm going to make a hole in the neighbors house, or car, or whatever. A .25 cal PCP around $500 would be nice. Suggestions?

I live close to the mountains, but in an urban area. There were 4 coyotes in the front yard this morning. There is an elementary school a block away & my neighbors have two girls about a year old, plus my dog disappeared a couple years ago. I need a gun to kill Coyotes with a head shot, but not so powerful that if I get a ricochet off of the street or sidewalk I'm going to make a hole in the neighbors house, or car, or whatever. A .25 cal PCP around $500 would be nice. Suggestions?
This doesn't sound safe. No matter the airgun you must never take potentially unsafe shots: Good back-stop, no chance of ricochet, no chance of people or pets downrange, etc. Not to mention coyotes are elusive targets and difficult to shoot even under ideal conditions.

Get a protective dog that's at least a bit bigger than a coyote. A livestock guardian dog of some kind would be perfect, like an anatolian shepherd or a great pyrenees.

Reactions: Contndr35BB
If there is any chance that the pellet or coyote will end up on a neighboring property you shouldn't do it. Even if it is all on your property but within easy view from your neighbors you are at risk. One of your neighbors may my be a PETA member with video in hand over for LEO to review! If you have buy in from all your neighbors then that's a different story. You would be doing a public service to increase community safety.

Last edited:
Reactions: N2 Shooter
Biggest Coyote Ive even shot, notice he has a snapped off tooth. Est weight 60 lbs. North Port Florida

coyote 2.jpg

Coyote Medice for me is my AEA HP TD .30 cal its a semi auto, plenty of range, accurate "enough" super light, Plenty of power, and the best part is semi auto, for when I see doubles come in to my call, which is half the time. Also, Ive learned to wait 10 minutes after dropping a single, because a 2nd Coyote can move in well after I drop the 1st one. Sneaky ass Coyotes are the most fun to hunt critter on the Planet. If you screw up, they remember and they will never give you a 2nd chance. They remember! They try to wind you, They remember your call if you miss, so change up your calls regularly.