• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Best PCP pistol today

well probably mine, I have a notos pistol and I shortened the barrel and put the moderator inside the shroud.. it's got factory grips and open sights.. but it's still 16" long.. they are pretty quiet and accurate from the factory but from the factory with the permanently attached moderator it's just too long for freehand shooting.. 22".. now it's just under 16 inches long and I have a shorter air tube coming so hopefully it will loose another 2" in length..
but it is more accurate now with a better crown and I was surprised that it is quieter than factory.. it's 22 caliber.
mark

IMG_20240122_165321112.jpg

IMG_20240122_165309036.jpg

A search online only seems to return the carbine. Anyone have a link to the Notos 750 pistol?
so I got mine from pyramid air.. a year ago it was supposed to come out either way.. but apparently after seeing what they made they went with the carbine.. but it is like $10 as I remember for the factory pistol grips and about the same for the open sights.. I only slipped the stock on once and you can't use open sights with the stock.. for the carbine you have to get a scope or red dot.. I didn't buy it for anything other than a pistol.. but the moderator is attached to the barrel and it is 22" long.. some people are taking off the factory moderator and making adapters for a after market moderator to screw on.. I think that kind of defeats the purpose of removing the moderator since the factory moderator is really quiet..
although after I shortened mine, it's even more quiet.. I was totally surprised because I figured that cutting off 4" of barrel would make it louder.. but apparently it's a very good moderator design.
Mark

well probably mine, I have a notos pistol and I shortened the barrel and put the moderator inside the shroud.. it's got factory grips and open sights.. but it's still 16" long.. they are pretty quiet and accurate from the factory but from the factory with the permanently attached moderator it's just too long for freehand shooting.. 22".. now it's just under 16 inches long and I have a shorter air tube coming so hopefully it will loose another 2" in length..
but it is more accurate now with a better crown and I was surprised that it is quieter than factory.. it's 22 caliber.
mark

View attachment 439498

View attachment 439499
Great Idea

Reactions: markhooper
mark

Nicely done! Are you using the OEM moderator or another brand? The pics I see online show a moderator that is larger in diameter than the shroud.

Did you trim the barrel from the rear, leaving the moderator end (and threads) alone?

Nicely done! Are you using the OEM moderator or another brand? The pics I see online show a moderator that is larger in diameter than the shroud.

Did you trim the barrel from the rear, leaving the moderator end (and threads) alone?
He's using a 3d printed one I kind of helped with the concept of. Another member here was kind enough to print it for him. But he does not normally do this kind of thing, so I won't call him out. The moderator vents backwards into the cut down factory shroud and has some cone baffles in it.... very effective I would gather, as I have some setups that are similar. He reported it is noticeably quieter than the factory one. While being quite a bit smaller. Mark cut the barrel and shroud himself and recrowned the barrel himself as well. 👍 He trimmed the front of the barrel. He probably knows as much but I advised him anyhow to check for high and low spots in the bore before cutting. Ideally it would be cut at a tight spot not a loose one. (Assuming there were any high or low spots) a good barrel is completely uniform but quite a few airgun barrels are not and utilize a choke at the exit to try to (and often successfully) remedy this.

Last edited:
He's using a 3d printed one I kind of helped with the concept of. Another member here was kind enough to print it for him. But he does not normally do this kind of thing, so I won't call him out. The moderator vents backwards into the cut down factory shroud and has some cone baffles in it.... very effective I would gather, as I have some setups that are similar. He reported it is noticeably quieter than the factory one. While being quite a bit smaller. Mark cut the barrel and shroud himself and recrowned the barrel himself as well. 👍 He trimmed the front of the barrel. He probably knows as much but I advised him anyhow to check for high and low spots in the bore before cutting. Ideally it would be cut at a tight spot not a loose one. (Assuming there were any high or low spots) a good barrel is completely uniform but quite a few airgun barrels are not and utilize a choke at the exit to try to (and often successfully) remedy this.
thank you Dallas, you explained it all better than I could.. and if it wasn't for you and your friend it would have been cut down to the same length as it is now but no moderator would have been very loud.. you made the gun into something I shoot vs sitting in the closet and wishing it was different..
thank you so much 😊
Mark

Ah yes...the ol "best"...question again ! No such thing as a single, "best" for everyone.

The Tequila Gun is a great shooter.
Don't know what...breaking the bank means to you. Different for everyone !

Here's a whole history on a nice gun. Though it's privately made, the guy did a nice job of the final iteration. Took him a couple of years to make it right.
Uses Government .45 grip panels, so there's thousands of grips to choose from. The magazine is stainless steel, as are most, if not all of the fasteners, and pins used to assemble the gun.

Here's mine -
The wood grip panels are original to the gun.
So far, zero problems, holds air well, shoots well. Hammer spring is adjustable, as is the trigger (to a point). It's not...a 10meter target trigger, but it's not bad.
1711521763779.jpeg

Next to my AP16 -
1711521801781.jpeg

Mike

Last edited:
Ah yes...the ol "best"...question again ! No such thing as a single, "best" for everyone.

The Tequila Gun is a great shooter.
Don't know what...breaking the bank means to you. Different for everyone !

Here's a whole history on a nice gun. Though it's privately made, the guy did a nice job of the final iteration. Took him a couple of years to make it right.
Uses Government .45 grip panels, so there's thousands of grips to choose from. The magazine is stainless steel, as are most, if not all of the fasteners, and pins used to assemble the gun.

Here's mine -
The wood grip panels are original to the gun.
So far, zero problems, holds air well, shoots well. Hammer spring is adjustable, as is the trigger (to a point). It's not...a 10meter target trigger, but it's not bad.
View attachment 449513

Next to my AP16 -
View attachment 449514

Mike
Mike
the ap 16 is that the compact or standard? just curious since I've read about both and the compact seems to be similar in size to the tequila gun.. I think he did a marvelous job designing it.. I also like the regular grips on yours.. just to me they look better than the skeleton grips.. but something for everyone..
it's currently a bit out of my price range but I can't imagine how he's making any money yet with all his hard work..
Mark

Mike
the ap 16 is that the compact or standard? just curious since I've read about both and the compact seems to be similar in size to the tequila gun.. I think he did a marvelous job designing it.. I also like the regular grips on yours.. just to me they look better than the skeleton grips.. but something for everyone..
it's currently a bit out of my price range but I can't imagine how he's making any money yet with all his hard work..
Mark
My AP16 (2) is the compact version.
The receiver area is the same for both the standard and the compact. Just the barrel and cylinder is a little longer. I've forgotten by how much.

I understand that there may be a "compact" version of the Tequila Gun available in the near future, not positive. That would be a fun gun. Obviously shorten the shot count with a shorter cylinder, but not a big deal for me.

They both (AP16 and Tequila Gun) use the Colt, Government .45, grip design. The Govt. grips are a bolt on to the Tequila Gun (and the AP16). The grips (black ones) shown above are a semi-custom grip with a "palm swell" to better fill your hand.

Mike

Reactions: markhooper