• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bobcat mk2 advice

Bob

Apr 1, 2015
Just got my Bobcat mk2 Friday , and the booklet that came with it is vague and general for all FX guns. Can someone tell me a few things like do you have to empty the air tube to take it off, can the 470cc tube be filled to 250 br. , does anyone have a break down list of parts of the gun, ( Hoping never to need it ), and so on. This is my first PCP and I just want to take care of it.
Thanks Bob

Hi, I'm new too, just bought the FX Verminator. The FX website has manuals. They have a parts list for the Verminator, probably find one for the Bobcat.

The threads that attach my bottle to the gun have already stripped! and I just got it a month ago and have been very careful with it. Anyway, watch out when detaching and reattaching the air bottle. good luck
Pete

"Bob"Just got my Bobcat mk2 Friday , and the booklet that came with it is vague and general for all FX guns. Can someone tell me a few things like do you have to empty the air tube to take it off, can the 470cc tube be filled to 250 br. , does anyone have a break down list of parts of the gun, ( Hoping never to need it ), and so on. This is my first PCP and I just want to take care of it.
Thanks Bob

Bob,

I just got a Wildcat and the manual is the same as yours and doesn't provide any info specific to the Wildcat. It's a bummer I know.

Here are some answers to your questions and some other things to keep in mind:
  • There is no need to remove the air prior to removing the air cylinder.
  • It's normal to hear some air release once the cylinder comes free. Same applies for when it is first screwed on.
  • When ever I took the cylinder off, I would apply some silicone grease to the air cylinder o-ring prior to re-installing on the rifle.
  • I found the easiest way to remove the air cylinder was to first remove the stock so you can get a better grip on the cylinder.
  • When removing the stock, be mindful that there is small rubber ball between the forward set screw and cylinder. Don't lose the ball.
  • When removing the cylinder, be careful not to twist the shroud out of alignment.
  • The max fill pressure is shown on the side of the breech along with the serial number etc. I believe the.25 Bobcat MK2 now has a max fill of 250 bar. The older .25 Bobcat was 230 bar.
Hope that helps.
Scott

Reactions: Bob
"born2winz"hi there,
I'm new to airgun community, Im still debuting between the Fx Verminator Extreme .25 or The Fx bobcat .25 Cal which one is more superior??

Thanks in advance,
Man

Born2winz

Welcome to the community. I have a couple of friendly suggestions regarding your question above:
  1. Create a new post under Gerneral Airgunning instead of replying under this thread.
  2. What makes one model superior over the other depends on the criteria that is most important to you along with how you plan on using it.
    [/LIST=1]
    Scott