BSA BSA R10 Mk 2

Any BSA R10 Mk2 owners out there in .22 cal, I have one and would like to know what others have gotten for a shot count. Also anybody tried adjusting the hammer spring tension? Mine had the adjusting screw turned all the way in past the threads. I, very carefully, was able to turn it back out which resulted in a higher shot count and a little more power. Just curious if any other .22 calibers were set the same way when you received the gun. Mine came from AOA and I pretty sure it was nothing that they did, I believe it came that way from the factory. Mine shot count in the beginning was about 35 shots.

I ended up at around 850 fps using JSB 18.13 grain @ 30 fpe. Shot count increased to 55-60 shots. Have always liked the look of the gun and I know it’s behind the times when compared to other manufacturers current models but it is the smoothest cocking bolt lever gun that I have ever used.
i say the same thing to me it is one of my best and fav to shoot

Wish more members here with BSA's could be more reactive. Although I don't have the R10 but others I find to be real nice. More traditional in a way if there is such a thing in a recent trend. Like all sporting guns and gear I lean towards the older school of thought. Just some ramblings here...
1000000855.jpg

Here's an interesting method of increasing shot count from another forum.

Reactions: bf1956
Here's an interesting method of increasing shot count from another forum.

Thanks, that was my article. Gun is so much fun to shoot now.

I think the erratic velocity shown in that article could be caused by a faulty regulator. I saw very inconsistent velocities in my R10 and replaced the regulator with one made by Huma. It has been very consistent since then. I didn't take the time to really tune it for shot count though. I think I will have to go back and be more deliberate in my adjustments.

I agree, regulator problem. I put a Huma on it.
I have a R10 Mk2 in .177. It had a leak when I received it, so like a dummy, I kept replacing the easiest oring, then the next, and next. Until I got time to go through and seal the whole thing. Well, after some aggravation I finally got it leak free, only to find it was horribly inconsistent. I was ready to send it down the road, when I thought, it either needed to go, or a new regulator. I decided to install a Huma and wow! it's amazing. I have the small aluminum bottle, and with the Huma set at 130bar, I can shoot 10.3 gr pellets at just a tad over 900fps avg, with a %ES of less than 1.0, for 62 shots. I was more than surprised and pleased. It is accurate like a laser.
I am sooo glad I never gave up on it, it is a fantastic rifle.
If any needs a factory R10 regulator, they can have it free :) :) :) :)

Reactions: bf1956