• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daisy 747 Air Pistol

I picked up a like new Daisy 747 air pistol. This is a match pistol that Daisy used to make , along with the cheaper 717 ,They also made the 722 , which is the .22 version of the 717. Also the top of the pile 777. The 747 has a Lothar Walther barrel , and a trigger adjustment screw to lighten the pull weight. The 747 , and the 777 were made for 10 meter compedition at a reasonable price point. At 10 meters both are very accurate. I first tried the Daisy flat nosed pellet , and then the 7.0 grain RWS R10 pellet. On to the JSB 8.44 grain pellet. Last the HN 8.18 grain , and the HN 10.65 grain pellet. All did well , and the heavier pellets did OK. I have some wood grips coming , but after three weeks I fear they are lost in transit. Any how , I recommend this pistol

1587670940_11036904045ea1ef9c4ce018.54779398.jpg

I have a 777 that I purchased new back in the late 80's. I used it for bullseye practice indoors. The pistol was very accurate but I never messed with different pellets to see what it really liked. My Grandson is now into 4H air pistol so I picked up some R10 Pistol Matchnto see how they would do.

Don't know what I shot out of it back in the day but I remember that when I had a flyer, I didn't blame it on the pistol!

I have one of those as well they are very accurate guns and easy to cock too. I was in pretty bad shape once. Assaulted and nearly killed, Injured my arms at werq could barely pick up a gallon of milk, broke cuz I could not werq and many of my airguns, including my 747, were stolen all within a couple of months. Oh, and I lost my mom to cancer in the same time period. I tried to buy another 747 off of one of the forums and was sent the gun but they would not accept payment. This happened just when I really needed to be reminded that there are plenty of good people in the world. It was more of a blessing than they will ever know. Although very hard for me to cock at the time it gave me something constructive to do and as I got stronger I thoroughly enjoyed the gun. It's a keeper and a reminder that there are still good people around.

Hope you get your grips soon I think I need some wood ones as well.

This is a link to his ebay offerings at the time. I emailed him and it took a day or so and he is making them up for me. They are not listed. I have some that he made for an older S&W 78 CO2 pistol and they are first class. Shoot him an email and ask. $69 for basic walnut and maple he had some claro walnut for $80 also. I indicated a preference for natural woods vs laminates, but he does show laminates for other guns so I think He would also be able to make some in laminate for this gun.

Hey ready

I have wood grips on my 747 and 777 and they are great. Both have finger grips. Very accurate pistols and very easy to work on.

Don
Good afternoon, I needed help in relation to the handle of the Daisy 747, I recently bought one and it comes with the plastic ones it comes with, could you help me tell me where you bought them and if possible, do they make them or are they left-handed?