Daisy bought out Crosman

Lets just say my friend he have a NEGATIVE thing for German Simens that bought up the company he was in, and then fired him even if he was the best damn painter in the place.
On the flips side before that the company made a huge part of the conveyor system for a major airport, and then had to throw it out as a engineer put holes in the wrong places, not aware they did that after Simens took over, but hey i also dont have eyes and ears at the place anymore.
But they did keep the most inept and slow painters, so chance of a contract breech must be large, or maybe Simens just bought up IP and transferred it to the motherland.

I do know quality is a subjective thing even if you have all kind of skills and ISO ratings and what not.
Most of the jobs i ever had i had to quit sooner or later due to stupid in one form or another.

I’ve had great service from Daisy in information and gun and pellet orders. In fact they normally won’t ship to a P O Box but they did for me. I’m actually only about 15 miles from them. Charles
So have I, and I also use a PO box.

I don’t own a Crosman or Benjamin, but I do have an old Sheridan. For which any service will have to be obtained from individual aficionados, or from myself if necessary.

I have had good experience and rifles from both daisy and crosman, it's the gamo name in the mix that has me more skeptical than anything. It may be unfounded...gamo just hits me as a gimmick co. Inflated fps values. Multi shot rifles that are just as good in their single shot original design etc. I keep waiting for them to pioneer something like .30 cal. Lightweight alloy hyper velocity slug ammo...

Reactions: Sawney Bean
Funny, I was thinking exactly what you said except switching the names around. I suppose there are Crosman people and Daisy people. Kind of like Chevy folks and Ford folks.
Russ
I'm not a huge fan of Crosman, (too much of an airgun snob), but they do put out an immense amount of new and varied products in addition to a huge selection of legacy products. There's everything from Marauders to 13xx's to Premiers to Bulldogs and the list goes on and on and they keep expanding it. There's an entire industry built around aftermarket products for Crosmans.

When it comes to Daisy, well I occasionally like to break out my Red Ryder and practice snap shooting and I've been coveting a 499 for awhile, but that's about it. I'd be sad to see them go, but I'm sure someone would pick up the rights to their more popular products and production would mostly continue.

As far as Gamo goes, to me it's that company that makes "adequate" products. If a non-airgunner wanted a cheap springer for pest control I'd likely recommend them, but myself, I've already got one Gamo product and I find that to be enough.