Diana, Not sure?

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
I’ve been eye balling these three rifles. I would appreciate a few opinions. All are .22 cal. Models 48, 350 magnum premium and 460 magnum. I have a 460 magnum premium .177. Wish it were .22.
Are they reliable?
Which one would you recommend or none and why?
I have no problem buying a FWB or a Weihrauch or an Air Arms. I was going to cherry pick a few Diana’s if they’re worthy. Crow

Diana's aren't better or worse than any of the other options. They're just different. I really appreciate how tunable they are and the fact that they seem to work well at a pretty wide variety of power outputs. Anything over 16fpe and I have found they work better in .22 but under 16fpe .177 works great. I also really like the way their stocks fit in my hands. Some are a bit bland looking gun they function great which matters quite a bit.

Things I don’t like about Diana:
Not a fan of their iron sights and some of the metal pieces look pretty cheap. Some also have a bit too much plastic but that varies from gun to gun.

Edit: forgot to answer the main question. I have a 48 and a 350 both in .177 cal. The 350 I absolutely do wish was a .22 but it still does very well at 19fpe with the 10.3s. The 48 on the other hand is tuned down to about 15fpe with 8.44s and does really really well there. Definitely recommend.

Last edited:
I've had a Diana 48 for over 30 years and only installed a vortex tune kit 3 years ago because I thought it needed it due to age. Spring was a little bent but that was it. I like others have said wish it was a.22 instead of a.177 but it still works great. By the way, it was made March of 1987 and I bought it used in 1992.

Reactions: crowski
I have a Diana in .22. I love it.I started with a TX200 in .177. Very accurate, great trigger, and pretty. But moving outside the D54 in .22 is a lot more fun. Accuracy at 50 an 100 makes it my favorite. I wish it had the trigger my TX has but my next purchase will be a 54 in .177. I had mine tuned, added Hectors tuner plus his scope mount and could not be happier. My goal is a 1 inch group at 100, I hope to do it tomorrow if our current conditions hold. Mine is 30 fps faster than it came from the factory, it's not a wimp.

Diana's aren't better or worse than any of the other options. They're just different. I really appreciate how tunable they are and the fact that they seem to work well at a pretty wide variety of power outputs. Anything over 16fpe and I have found they work better in .22 but under 16fpe .177 works great. I also really like the way their stocks fit in my hands. Some are a bit bland looking gun they function great which matters quite a bit.

Things I don’t like about Diana:
Not a fan of their iron sights and some of the metal pieces look pretty cheap. Some also have a bit too much plastic but that varies from gun to gun.

Edit: forgot to answer the main question. I have a 48 and a 350 both in .177 cal. The 350 I absolutely do wish was a .22 but it still does very well at 19fpe with the 10.3s. The 48 on the other hand is tuned down to about 15fpe with 8.44s and does really really well there. Definitely recommend.
Thanks. 350 1 vote Crow

Last edited:
Reactions: Sqwirl57
Crow, there are at least 3 different triggers for the model 48. Brand new or buying used? I think the other 2 are probably all T06 trigger not 100% sure. The D48 will be like the 54 without a sled, and a little shorter LOP I think. I love my 52 Luxus. Same as a 48 but different stock LOP about 1” longer.
Thanks. They are new. Crow
I've had a Diana 48 for over 30 years and only installed a vortex tune kit 3 years ago because I thought it needed it due to age. Spring was a little bent but that was it. I like others have said wish it was a.22 instead of a.177 but it still works great. By the way, it was made March of 1987 and I bought it used in 1992.
Thanks 2 votes 48. Crow
I have a Diana 48 22 cal t05 , excellent rifle . Nothing bad to say about it. Will put the smack down on squirrels
Thanks. The 48 seems to be the favorite. Especially being a squirrels favorite. Don’t like squirrels. Crow
I have a Diana in .22. I love it.I started with a TX200 in .177. Very accurate, great trigger, and pretty. But moving outside the D54 in .22 is a lot more fun. Accuracy at 50 an 100 makes it my favorite. I wish it had the trigger my TX has but my next purchase will be a 54 in .177. I had mine tuned, added Hectors tuner plus his scope mount and could not be happier. My goal is a 1 inch group at 100, I hope to do it tomorrow if our current conditions hold. Mine is 30 fps faster than it came from the factory, it's not a wimp.
Thanks. Going to look into the mount. Crow

I’ve been eye balling these three rifles. I would appreciate a few opinions. All are .22 cal. Models 48, 350 magnum premium and 460 magnum. I have a 460 magnum premium .177. Wish it were .22.
Are they reliable?
Which one would you recommend or none and why?
I have no problem buying a FWB or a Weihrauch or an Air Arms. I was going to cherry pick a few Diana’s if they’re worthy. Crow
I have a diana magnum feurkraft pro compact in .22 ..its a Lazer but it's a 21 fpe beast and it's a violent shot cycle .I can really only shoot it accurate on a table with at least one bag up front..but it will perform. I like to use the barracuda hunter extremes and it will shoot them accurate provided the gun is shot from a stable platform. It's also very front heavy so offhand is for Olympic athletes only ..lol

The 48 with the fixed barrel might have an advantage over the the 350 series and my unicorn 350 compact hast a T05 trigger that IMO is give or take .The gun can shoot but I can't seem to control it like I can with a weirauch beeman rifle. I did have a diana 34 in .177 with a TO6 that was an easy cocker and shooter though..It's a tough call ...

Thanks. 350 1 vote Crow
The 350 really is a fun gun and it looks awesome in person. Its a magnum in every sense of the word though and as soon as you pull that trigger she is not shy about reminding you lol. I think thats why I like it so much. It's just different compared to the relatively tame piston guns I usually shoot.

I have a diana magnum feurkraft pro compact in .22 ..its a Lazer but it's a 21 fpe beast and it's a violent shot cycle .I can really only shoot it accurate on a table with at least one bag up front..but it will perform. I like to use the barracuda hunter extremes and it will shoot them accurate provided the gun is shot from a stable platform. It's also very front heavy so offhand is for Olympic athletes only ..lol
Not at all famIliad with model. Sounds like wine and cheese, but far from that. Thanks for an advice. Crow
I really like the 48. I had a 350 when they first came out tuned by Jim Maccari in .177cal tuned to 14.5 foot pounds so I feel like that's cheating. I would buy a 48 in 22cal again for sure. That being said, I'm not opposed to the 350 in .22cal with a tune kit. The T06 triggers are an improvement over the T05's for sure.
Thanks for your input.
The 350 really is a fun gun and it looks awesome in person. Its a magnum in every sense of the word though and as soon as you pull that trigger she is not shy about reminding you lol. I think thats why I like it so much. It's just different compared to the relatively tame piston guns I usually shoot.
I’m liking the 48 on advice. The 350 is a premium which has less plastic, which is big plus.
‘Is it difficult to Jack? Crow

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I had a 48 in .22 with a Vortek spring, 21ft lbs. It shot 18 grain pellets very well and as others mentioned, it was a hammer on squirrels and would just about turn sparrows inside out. Unfortunately it was also a hammer on scopes, after the third one I sold it.
Did you try the Diana rings the absorb the shock? Z1? Crow

Thanks. They are new. Crow

Thanks 2 votes 48. Crow

Thanks. The 48 seems to be the favorite. Especially being a squirrels favorite. Don’t like squirrels. Crow

Thanks. Going to look into the mount. Crow
just read this myself .

just read this myself .
I have a ZR mount on my 54 pro. No problem. I would like a few more for my HW90’s.
Watch the older models, they’re crap. My buddy and I both bought one. He was tightening his on 11 mm. rail. Stripped a screw, week later same screw on mine stripped. 6 months ago I took a chance on next gen. and scored. Crow

Reactions: beerthief