FX Drs classic 700

Just goes to show how important a large plentum is for power. At stock set up these are fine for pellets and light slugs, which are what they were made for. Especially the 500mm . Don’t fault the gun, FX stated that this was a pellet and light slug slinger . My 600 x .22 i with the small plentum is doing 860’s with 34 grn pellets. I could probably get it up to 900 fps with the larger plentum but I want at least two magazines of air for hunting in the woods. The gun shoots Great with light pellets and slugs and can be tuned to the 900’s so that’s where I’ll probably wind up. Reminds me of some Target .22 rim fire rifles I have had that only shot target or standard velocity well. High velocity hunting ammo was awful so they had their limitations too. I have a Dreamline which offers more power, more shot count, and a power wheel so you can switch between projectiles quickly. I bought this DRS because I liked the looks and simplicity. Once I decide where I am happy with it I’ll leave it there and be happy. I have a .30 Wildcat if I need more power.

Well I maxed out my 22 cal 700mm drs classic with 34 gr pellets 970s my red wolf can do that I may have to look into making a brass hammer weight . Any one else shooting drs classic 700 that speed sound right I was hoping 34 gr slug would do that
What is your reg set at ?

I would think that a slug power kit will be needed to get more FPS.

I haven't tried setting my reg above 155bar yet on my 22 700. That will shoot the .218 34gr H&N Heavy 945 fps.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Screenshot_20240430_153811_YouTube.jpg

At 4:12 in this video

The Pro DRS comes with the slug power kit installed from FX.

Why doesn't fx make the rifles from the factory to shoot slugs? They KNOW people buying these rifles will typically shoot slugs, if not you can turn the power down. Just another way for them to squeeze money out of people. Same as the barrels they use.....need a carbon liner, then add more things that should be done at the factory.

Especially when you figure what these guns costs.