• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Events Extreme Benchrest - Speed Silhouette Teaser!

One of the events during the Extreme Benchrest competition is the Speed Silhouette match. This is an adrenaline-pumped competition and almost equally as fun to watch from behind the firing line! Check out this teaser from last years competition:

https://youtu.be/9OLlGHNfBbM

Sign up soon, as the seats are filling up fast! Go to www.extremebenchrest.com for details!

Im pretty sure in the Speed Silhouette Match you have to hand load but I guess time to look at the rules.

------
edit
rules :
  • Magazines must be empty and all pellets must be in the original box or tin at the beginning of the match – Competitors are NOT allowed to stage pellets. Tins must be shaken prior to the relay starting. Anyone caught staging pellets will be disqualified from the match
  • Airguns can be single shot or magazine fed
So you can but you have to load your magazine after timer starts... which would be why single load is faster.

From the video it's just amazing seeing how fast Shane can load that FX Verminator breech without the help of a single shot loader like the prototype devices you see Ted, Johan and Fredrick using on their Royales. Those of you with FXs with Royale-based actions know how difficult it is to single load pellets without a loader -- I can't do it with one hand in 15 seconds let alone doing it in less than 5 seconds repeatedly for 16 targets! Add to that the fact that Shane shoots lefty, freeing his right hand to cycle the bolt and load pellets -- keeps his trigger finger continuously in position. He's going to be tough to de-throne......

Astroman:
I've seen it in person, and it's quite amazing. I figure to dethrone him a shooter will have to complete an entire shooting/loading cycle in about 3 seconds. Last time I used my AA S-510 and a single shot tray. It worked out ok for me (despite all the pellets I fumbled and dropped) but, I'm not even close to Shane's time. I've got a new system I'm going to try out this year. Also, I'm going to try PRACTICING before I actually compete! LOL! 

"Tominco"Astroman:
I've seen it in person, and it's quite amazing. I figure to dethrone him a shooter will have to complete an entire shooting/loading cycle in about 3 seconds. Last time I used my AA S-510 and a single shot tray. It worked out ok for me (despite all the pellets I fumbled and dropped) but, I'm not even close to Shane's time. I've got a new system I'm going to try out this year. Also, I'm going to try PRACTICING before I actually compete! LOL!
Yeah Tom I think it comes down to working out a method that works for you and PRACTICE as much as possible. I picked up a set of 1/5 scale silhouette animal targets for cheap and am going to do some experiments this weekend trying out some different ideas I have. To beat Shane, you've got to execute perfectly............or take a lead pipe to his knees Tanya Harding style ................ JK Shane! :p