FX FX Vs Competitors

I realize where I’m posting this, but I’m really leaning towards an Impact M3 in .25 or .30cal. I’d like to hear thoughts from you guys that have explored FX rifles and a few others, what are the pros and cons you’ve found between this and your next favorite rifle? I’ve only shot a few impacts and a couple Vulcan 3s.. the impacts can’t seem to be beat in accuracy which is a big deal for me.

I own an MKIII and a BRK Ghost in .22, as well as several other air rifles. Both are very accurate. I have had multiple leak issues within the first year of ownership with the Impact but otherwise it has been perfect in every way. The Ghost is a solid, much more simple platform, is just as accurate with pellets, though the trigger isn't as good.

Another rifle you might consider that I also own is a Skout. Incredibly solid, terrific service from the factory team, and very easy to adjust.

Can't speak to the other pups, but would not hesitate to buy a ghost or skout if so inclined. I have had an impact mk2 .25, and the gun just wasn't for me. Solid, accurate, highly capable tool. Balanced funky, pointed funky, felt funky. No sensible way to single load. And not anywhere near as good of an off hand shooter as my crown.

Last edited:
I am an Impact shooter. Have two.
Do you plan on shooting slugs or pellets? If pellets there are a number of other guns that shoot pellets as well as an Impact.
Want to shoot slugs? Then any of the FX high power guns are your best bet. FX does slug guns. Slug shooting is not an aside for FX as it is with many other guns.
If you are not set on a bull pup I would look long and hard at any of the guns in the Panthera family. Plenty of power and the 600 & 700mm come with slug liners ready to shoot heavy slugs.

I realize where I’m posting this, but I’m really leaning towards an Impact M3 in .25 or .30cal. I’d like to hear thoughts from you guys that have explored FX rifles and a few others, what are the pros and cons you’ve found between this and your next favorite rifle? I’ve only shot a few impacts and a couple Vulcan 3s.. the impacts can’t seem to be beat in accuracy which is a big deal for me.
What type of shooting? Range and power.

You rarely, if ever, see impacts in FT competitions.
I would say in some disciplines they are squarely beat.

If you like to tinker, adjust, shoot slugs long distances, and/or change projectile weight often, the Impact might be a great option.
If you simply want a super accurate pellet gun, I would consider a FX Crown, FX Royale, or the new FX DRS.
I appreciate your input! I’m hoping for something versatile with a 500mm barrel that’s easily manageable in and out of the truck or side by side.

I sold my m3 after getting a ghost. I feel the impact is a fiddlers gun, I was able to get really good accuracy but I always felt like I had to adjust it.
Is your ghost pretty comparable in accuracy? Are you shooting same cal and barrel length ? What grain pellets/ slugs and roughly what distances are your shooting comfortably?

My FX Panthera Compact Hunter in .25 Cal is a superb rifle. Accurate and powerful.

My Uragan and my Vulcans 2 and 3 are equally or more accurate.

My Sidewinders are better hunters than my FX and the Airgun Technology rifles.
Thanks Emu! Are the AGTs compact barrels as well? What pellets/ slugs are your shooting with those and at what velocity?

When I was able to compare the V3 and M3 side by side the impact was crushing it in accuracy although I know a lot of that comes down to tuning.

Can't speak to the other pups, nut would not hesitate to buy a ghost or skout if so inclined. I have had an impact mk2 .25, and the gun just wasn't for me. Solid, accurate, highly capable tool. Balanced funky, pointed funky, felt funky. No sensible way to single load. And not anywhere near as good of an off hand shooter as my crown.
Absolutely open to others and with all this ghost talk I’ll definitely be doing my research on those! I’m all for the off hand shooting but want something compact as well. Thanks for the reply!

I am an Impact shooter. Have two.
Do you plan on shooting slugs or pellets? If pellets there are a number of other guns that shoot pellets as well as an Impact.
Want to shoot slugs? Then any of the FX high power guns are your best bet. FX does slug guns. Slug shooting is not an aside for FX as it is with many other guns.
If you are not set on a bull pup I would look long and hard at any of the guns in the Panthera family. Plenty of power and the 600 & 700mm come with slug liners ready to shoot heavy slugs.
I really just want superb accuracy out to around 150 yards. Are you running .30 cal, what grain pellets do you prefer and what’s your comfortable “long distance?”

Reactions: Firewalker