FX FX Vs Competitors

Vulcan II barrel length 500 mm for bullpup as well as tactic. Bulpup is a short stout hunter. Solid w/ no poi shift, robustly built & performing with surgical precision. Ergonomically pleasing, well balanced & notorious for shooting at distance very well with both pellets and slugs. Beautiful hunting/stalking/truck gun = bullpup. Bench gun = tactical. Half the shot count of Vulcan 3 approximately. “Wolf in sheeps clothing”.
What cal is your Vulcan 500, mind giving a little insight as to what pellets/slugs you're shooting and how fast? As much as I love the V3, it just not proving to me that it’s as accurate as the impacts I’ve seen. I know that can all be as simple as a little tuning and finding the right lead though!

Would you say at 100 you’re shooting sub Moa with the ghost? I’m mainly just looking for a squirrel killer but also a fun bench gun that can stack pellets every time I grab it.

I’m definitely fading away from the impact with all this talk of having to adjust every time I want to shoot. I don’t have any issues shooting pellets, I like the idea of keeping the power down for better shot count and hopefully a little less noise.
Honestly I’m not a paper puncher, and right now my ghost is wearing a thermal for mice. The ghost is basically a mechanical delta wolf, I’m pretty impressed with the accuracy. If it starts falling off I clean the barrel then go back to smoking mice and armadillo. I have a lot more confidence in the ghost. I have one agt, an Uragan compact and it has been fantastic too. I personally feel the simpler platform is for me.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Sure. .25 cal & .30. My distance is between 80 & 130 yds. for ground squirrell‘s. Calm conditions 5-6 kts. with pellets .25 Kings 880-885 fps. Heavies 860 fps. Winds greater than calm or quartering tail wind = .30 for pellets and slugs for .25. Speed for .30 44.75 gr is 880. Speed for slugs is considerably less to get optimum accuracy at distance.

Emu has alot more experience and knowledge than I. Also I believe a member by the name of Haskins is the slug guru with Vulcans. You might try a search for slugs and Vulcans look for a name like haskins and your in the money.

Sure. .25 cal & .30. My distance is between 80 & 130 yds. for ground squirrell‘s. Calm conditions 5-6 kts. with pellets .25 Kings 880-885 fps. Heavies 860 fps. Winds greater than calm or quartering tail wind = .30 for pellets and slugs for .25. Speed for .30 44.75 gr is 880. Speed for slugs is considerably less to get optimum accuracy at distance.

Emu has alot more experience and knowledge than I. Also I believe a member by the name of Haskins is the slug guru with Vulcans. You might try a search for slugs and Vulcans look for a name like haskins and your in the money.
Thanks for getting into detail on that! I’ll have to reach out to Haskins and see what else I can find out. Appreciate your time!

WOW! Seems like you know EXACTLY what you want! I TOTALLY respect that.
I mainly target shoot long range since it's such a challenge in many ways.
With regard to my personal experience, buy as much gun as you can afford with as much flexibility as possible.
I am getting old and have undergone quite a few surgeries over the last few years. Dropping 2k+ is not an option for me due to the insurance co-pays I have been trying to whittle away. If I had it my way, I would have purchased an RTI or a RAW but money has been real funny for a long time. Sure, you can get a UX Gauntlet 2 or something sub $500 ( whatever) but they can't even compare to the higher end guns.
Sure, you can get power and "modest" accuracy but ultimately, you will be chasing your tail. Example: Got a Ux Gauntlet 2 .25 and wore it out in 60 days. (1000+ rounds per weekend tends to reveal issues quickly). BTW, UX has had it for over 60 days (warranty) and promised me a brand new gun. Had to buy another gun as part of my physical therapy ( UX Notos) which limits me to shorter distances but at least I'm shooting. Anyway, the folks in this forum are knowledgeable and will give you plenty of info to help you with your decision. All I can say is buy as much as you can afford with as much education as you can get regarding these rifles and be as educated as possible on everything you consider.
Good luck! Let us all know what you end up with as well as your experiences

I realize where I’m posting this, but I’m really leaning towards an Impact M3 in .25 or .30cal. I’d like to hear thoughts from you guys that have explored FX rifles and a few others, what are the pros and cons you’ve found between this and your next favorite rifle? I’ve only shot a few impacts and a couple Vulcan 3s.. the impacts can’t seem to be beat in accuracy which is a big deal for me.
I'm brand new to this all, but from the perspective of a outsider looking in and only having my decision being based on research and also the opinion of one other member here, It seemed like if I wanted to go the rout of getting a gun that I wouldn't outgrow and was 'el primo' it was the FX Impact M3. Currently waiting on one to arrive. Do love the AirForce Condor I have as well, but very different gun from the M3 for sure.

I realize where I’m posting this, but I’m really leaning towards an Impact M3 in .25 or .30cal. I’d like to hear thoughts from you guys that have explored FX rifles and a few others, what are the pros and cons you’ve found between this and your next favorite rifle? I’ve only shot a few impacts and a couple Vulcan 3s.. the impacts can’t seem to be beat in accuracy which is a big deal for me.
O, also, I went into it wanting a .25 or .30 cal as well. After talking to people who knew a lot more than myself, I ended up going with the .22 for its efficiency, with prospects to get the .30 cal later. I was pretty surprised that the .25 didn't actually seem to offer a lot over the .22. I actually didn't believe it to start out with when someone told me, but looking around and gathering more info, it really didn't seem to be as big of a difference as I thought it was. That's how I landed on go with .22 and a .30 and skip the .25. As an example, look up the FX Impact M3 and what its quoted to get for shots for each caliber and what its max ft lbs is for each caliber. I don't recall exact numbers but believe that the .22 could generate 59 ft lbs and the .25 only went up to 69 ft lbs despite only getting something like half the number of shots from the impact per charge. Then step it up to the .30 and that added about 50 ft lbs to what the the .25 was quoted as being capable of in the impact. That one picture with all the ratings in one place for shots, ft lbs, and cal really helped bring it home for me in my decision.

To all reading this thread. I have unintentionally misinformed you regarding reference to a/the AGT/ Vulcan/ Uragan slug guru I mentioned in the previous post. The gentlemans name is Hearkens not Haskins. This has not been sitting well with me since I posted it as myself searching for his name resulted in 0 hits. Hearkens it is “final answer”. “Optimal speed with slugs” is just one of his subjects. The thread is not a recent one, 2022, but was applicable to me at the time & I found it to be well worth reading. Learning is a wonderful thing and is a gift to be shared with others.

We all make mistakes - recognizing them is a step in the right direction.

Radio