• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 Magazine won't index

So just received my GK1 22 today. I shot about 30 rounds through it, and the indexer for the magazine started jamming. Then it dumped the air like 4 or 5 times when i would clear the jam and refill. The lever on the magazine release loses tension. I remove it and the index mechanism inside is not coming back out and pressing on the little block behind the magazine lever. I get it freed up, and it does it again.

Any advice? Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: GenXer
A couple things come to mind. Assuming you’re using the correct diameter slugs (.254), then the first thing I would make sure of is that you’re seating them in the magazine when you load. Use a pen to pop them down into place (you’ll hear them click) to assure they don’t catch the well while cycling.

The next thing to check is your power level. If it’s too low and the slugs are too heavy then there won’t be enough force to get them all the way clear and they’ll lodge in the barrel. From closed, open the power valve one and a half turns (I think counter clockwise but check manual I haven’t touched my setting in a couple months). This will be enough to make sure they aren’t getting stuck. From there you can start adjusting to your liking.

There are a few other things it could be, but start with those as they’re the most common issues.

Reactions: maxtrouble
It is fixed. I just have to say, I got this from Ares and wasnt sure buuying from a company I dont know, but that dude is awesome. I emailed him my problem and he replied way faster than I expected with all the detail I needed to troubleshoot and fix it. Way more info than the book that came with it.

Apparently the part that indexes it is air powered, so when it airs down I cant check the indexer. He said I had the power too high. I lowered it and its all good.

I repair hubens. Your problem is a very common one. It is caused by both loose ammo and by a loose trigger. If your ammo is the wrong size it can jam the rifle. Use .254 cal or .223 cal, depending wether you are shooting the 22 or 25 cal huben. Mess with the two set screws at the back of the gun, right above the handle. These control the trigger. A loose trigger will cause a bumpfire without you realizing it, and shoots a second shot faster than the huben can reset. Tighten the trigger till you can have a controlled break with only 3 fingers on the pistol.

I repair hubens. Your problem is a very common one. It is caused by both loose ammo and by a loose trigger. If your ammo is the wrong size it can jam the rifle. Use .254 cal or .223 cal, depending wether you are shooting the 22 or 25 cal huben. Mess with the two set screws at the back of the gun, right above the handle. These control the trigger. A loose trigger will cause a bumpfire without you realizing it, and shoots a second shot faster than the huben can reset. Tighten the trigger till you can have a controlled break with only 3 fingers on the pistol.
I'm a Huben noob and something similar happened to me. I'm sitting here with a degassed GK1, and I'm not sure how to clear the barrel? Is there a video somewhere I can watch to help me clear the barrel?

I'm a Huben noob and something similar happened to me. I'm sitting here with a degassed GK1, and I'm not sure how to clear the barrel? Is there a video somewhere I can watch to help me clear the barrel?
Remove the barrel shroud and loosen the four screws holding the barrel. With the barrel loosened the projectile is no longer in a bind and a probe from the front will usually get it out.

I have had the problem you mention. Will try trigger adjustment to see if that helps.

Reactions: DesertAirgun
I found this video on YouTube:

GK1 Disassembly

I got it all apart, but there's no barrel obstruction. I've got my precious GK1 sitting in front of me in pieces!

LOL...

What else could the problem be if not for a barrel obstruction?

TIA
The indexing could have failed. Just reset and try to shoot again. Check and see if the magazine is lined up properly when closed, but since you have no barrel obstruction this shouldnt be an issue. These things are hardy, so a failure to shoot once doesnt mean its broken just reset and try again