• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gun cradle or gun cart and pics for ideas.

"Show" Tote -
Show Tote.jpg

"Ghetto" Tote (Still under construction) :rolleyes: -
Ghetto Tote.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
OLD post ....

Seeing the baby carriage guys struggle in matches in places like this dissuaded me from that route.
View attachment 399961

At an established shooting range with a pleasant little foot path and the lane markers one step off each side of the graveled trail .....I can see the logic in the baby stroller for those types of ft matches.
Totally agree, navigating rough terrain with a wheeled type carrier can be a real challenge. Furthermore, resting these carriers on uneven ground can be risky. I have witnessed grown men shed tears as the force of gravity tip over their prized rig.

Those home made gun totes are a better option for rough terrain but can be tiring with carrying handles. A shoulder strap may help ease fatigue but these setup can be bulky to maneuver through tight spaces.

That's why I carry my gun/gear with a backpack type soft gun case.

1698836801447.png

Until I get tired...then it's plan B
Rifle on a sling, bum bag on belt clip. All other essentials into my fanny pack (pellets, tools, food, favorite refreshment).
1698837296130.png

That's how I haul my gear for shooting a springer...you PCP guys, you hunter FT guys...you are on your own...LOL.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MysticalDragon
How do you like the tote? I looked great but I have other stuff I need to get first. I was concerned how it would be on uneven ground.
These are older pics... so ...
i like the tote muchly. Superb workmansihp... you need to trim the foam inserts to accommodate your stock; if you have multiple FT platforms you will need extra foam inserts and trim accordingly.

Currently, I have a nice little 6" tush cushion that is Velcro-ed to the top of the flip up lid/seat for my spoiled butt.
Stability is definitely better than a flat bottom bucket, esp. on areas with roots and other outcropping things.
The undercarriage tray is handy for pellets, snacks and water.
The beautiful woman, who fans me throughout the shoot and keeps my scope covered (not shown) is not included.

Well after the pa cup i felt like my arms were going to fall off at the shoulders ( bad wear and arthritis in both) Ive been trying to figure out what to get so i don’t have to carry everything and was shying away from the jogger stroller idea cause of tipping. I came across a wagon with foam filled rubber tires(no flats) that should give a softer ride and it should be large enough for my guncase and fasten my bucket on somehow. Just ordered it so when i get it all worked out will post more about it.

Well after the pa cup i felt like my arms were going to fall off at the shoulders ( bad wear and arthritis in both) Ive been trying to figure out what to get so i don’t have to carry everything and was shying away from the jogger stroller idea cause of tipping. I came across a wagon with foam filled rubber tires(no flats) that should give a softer ride and it should be large enough for my guncase and fasten my bucket on somehow. Just ordered it so when i get it all worked out will post more about it.
Amazon has several much better and cheaper options - think aluminum

Ok so i got my wagon. First thoughts are i a little disappointed with the tires their plastic not foam filled rubber like I thought they would be but other wise its nice, the steering is great cause it doesn’t want to tip! I had to do some reinforcement on the rear cause my bucket rack landed on the stake pockets so I couldn’t use the rear stake side. The rear rack is made from 1-1/2” x3/16” al angle with 3/4” x 3/16 “ braces. All bolted together with 1/4”x3/4” bolts and fender washers. I think it came out well so far as it rolls and follows easily ( wheels have brgs) and keep’s everything dry and out of the sun. Might put a couple stakes to keep it from sliding when i open the case not sure yet.
IMG_4058.jpeg
IMG_4057.jpeg
IMG_4056.jpeg
IMG_4055.jpeg

Ok so i got my wagon. First thoughts are i a little disappointed with the tires their plastic not foam filled rubber like I thought they would be but other wise its nice, the steering is great cause it doesn’t want to tip! I had to do some reinforcement on the rear cause my bucket rack landed on the stake pockets so I couldn’t use the rear stake side. The rear rack is made from 1-1/2” x3/16” al angle with 3/4” x 3/16 “ braces. All bolted together with 1/4”x3/4” bolts and fender washers. I think it came out well so far as it rolls and follows easily ( wheels have brgs) and keep’s everything dry and out of the sun. Might put a couple stakes to keep it from sliding when i open the case not sure yet.
View attachment 413623View attachment 413624View attachment 413625View attachment 413626
I like it. Now you have to create your lane routine to match the order of the jazzy cart in operation. nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: Solo1
Nice job Chuck on the wagon. I realize that that will make things easy to handle, bucket, pull up cart and pull out rifle for shooting, but lanes are a bit tight at BCSA.
Probably won’t use it at bcsa unless i just test from sight in to range. Made it for places like hershey or bigger matches

Reactions: cavedweller
Well, now you gotta call it "THE Chuckwagon."

Like naming a boat.

On a more serious note, first thing that came to mind was that I'd get tired of undoing and redoing the straps/bungees at every lane. I'd suggest a short rail, using the stakes pockets, to contain the case without the straps/bungees. And maybe even short stakes all the way around would keep it on the cart.

Well, now you gotta call it "THE Chuckwagon."

Like naming a boat.

On a more serious note, first thing that came to mind was that I'd get tired of undoing and redoing the straps/bungees at every lane. I'd suggest a short rail, using the stakes pockets, to contain the case without the straps/bungees. And maybe even short stakes all the way around would keep it on the cart.
I might have to put that on the side! Lol. I put 2 stakes behind which works well cause when you open the case its so thick it pushes toward you but the lid sticks to the top of the stakes and if you hook the straps to the lid and open the handle falls in front of the lid holding it open. Then return gun move handle and just rehook straps.