• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Guns being used

Here is what I was shooting today. Was playing with the velocities and muzzle end to see what I could come up with. The last target is from 50, 75, and 100 yards. Was playing with the muzzle break I have currently on the rifle, as well as an IA 1350, Eagle vision tunable muzzle break. The "DD" slugs are the slugs that were made by my shooting buddy here in town. Honestly some of them showed some great promise but I wasn't able to reproduce the groups.

I am still playing with the rifle as this is the 2nd week I have had the gun. So still PLENTY of work to do and fine tuning to do before things are settled down and done. I am settling on the JSB Knockouts right now as they seem more consistent in the ranges I am shooting. So until I find something different I am going to be playing with these mostly. I am either going to stock up on the slugs, buy another rifle, or break down and buy a Corbin kit...........sigh......

20240501_191848.jpg
20240501_191917.jpg
20240501_191930.jpg
20240501_191949.jpg
20240501_192015.jpg
20240501_192025.jpg
20240501_192034.jpg

What type of accuracy are you seeing with these slugs?

I was just out testing today with the 25 grain and couldn't get them to group consistently. Though hoping to grab a plenum extension to see if I can't get some more speed and consistency.
My answer is it depends. H&N has a couple of different revisions of this slug. The older configuration yields groups of about 1.5 MOA at 100yds. The newer configuration is worse. There is a very narrow window of velocities that works for any slug, so changing velocity by 10fps can yield an improvement or deterioration of the group size.

Reactions: woogie_man
Here is what I was shooting today. Was playing with the velocities and muzzle end to see what I could come up with. The last target is from 50, 75, and 100 yards. Was playing with the muzzle break I have currently on the rifle, as well as an IA 1350, Eagle vision tunable muzzle break. The "DD" slugs are the slugs that were made by my shooting buddy here in town. Honestly some of them showed some great promise but I wasn't able to reproduce the groups.

I am still playing with the rifle as this is the 2nd week I have had the gun. So still PLENTY of work to do and fine tuning to do before things are settled down and done. I am settling on the JSB Knockouts right now as they seem more consistent in the ranges I am shooting. So until I find something different I am going to be playing with these mostly. I am either going to stock up on the slugs, buy another rifle, or break down and buy a Corbin kit...........sigh......

View attachment 460907View attachment 460908View attachment 460906View attachment 460909View attachment 460910View attachment 460911View attachment 460912
yikes I would not leave the house ..