• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Hatsan Jet 2 leak repair and customer service

I received my Hatsan Jet 2 a week ago and it showed up with no air in the reservoir. I aired it up and tested it and everything seemed fine. The next morning it was down 60 bar. After 24 hours it was down 100 bar.

I contacted customer service. I got a response to check the bleed screw and that was it. After that they wouldn't respond. I filled out a service ticket, that was almost 4 days ago and still no response. Super frustrated. They seem to expect me to fix it on my own. Not winning any future business from me.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to locate leaks. I finally resorted to using soapy water. this revealed 3 different leaks. one where each reservoir meets the manifold, and then just after the manifold itself. Now I'm trying to decide about how to proceed, as I'll likely not have help from the company. I may start a dispute with the credit card company.

In the meantime, has anyone had this problem? I took the cylinders off and I'm thinking I'm going to need some tools to get to the o-ring (which I don't have a replacement for). Also the manifold has 4 Allen screws that seem to be loctited in, worried I'm going to strip it. I really wish they'd just send me a new tank. It looks suspiciously like there was a machining defect on the mating surface of the manifold where it contacts the cylinders, and it may have been dropped during assembly as there are some gouges.

Really disappointed in hatsan quality control. Customer service is dead. This was purchased directly from HatsanUSA.

With Hatsan it's probably an issue with assembly. So probably a pressure guage or the tank. Check tank o-rings and make sure your pressure gauges are nice and snug but not overly tightened. At the rate you describe the leak I would not be surprised if it was a pressure gauge that needs a little adjustment one way or the other. Usually if it leaks it is too tight. If it's too loose you will easily notice.

I don't know much about the Jet 2 though except one reason I didn't buy one is because it looked like it had too many points of possible leakage.

Who's the retailer? Did it not come with warranty? It's kinda strange to see these situations. So far, anytime I've received a faulty airgun I've always been able to appeal on the warranty and get a replacement. Unless the problem is minor, then they might send a spare part so I can fix it myself. But never have I been left at the mercy of the brand itself.

With Hatsan it's probably an issue with assembly. So probably a pressure guage or the tank. Check tank o-rings and make sure your pressure gauges are nice and snug but not overly tightened. At the rate you describe the leak I would not be surprised if it was a pressure gauge that needs a little adjustment one way or the other. Usually if it leaks it is too tight. If it's too loose you will easily notice.

I don't know much about the Jet 2 though except one reason I didn't buy one is because it looked like it had too many points of possible leakage.

IMG_7886.jpeg

Who's the retailer? Did it not come with warranty? It's kinda strange to see these situations. So far, anytime I've received a faulty airgun I've always been able to appeal on the warranty and get a replacement. Unless the problem is minor, then they might send a spare part so I can fix it myself. But never have I been left at the mercy of the brand itself.
I ordered directly from Hatsan USA

Damn... that's why I order from smaller retailers. They still know the meaning of customer service. That said, the gun should have warranty, so Hatsan USA is required to look into your complaints.

Sucks that they continue to ruin their own reputation by ignoring their customers like this. The guns themselves really aren't that bad, especially for the price. If you get one from the factory that works, it works. I've never had issues with my Blitz or Sortie. They just need to improve their quality control. There are too many factory defects that slip through the cracks.