• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Hatsan Jets on clearance at Midway

Nope, not a pistol...

OH WAIT! IT IS!

Sooo, 4" groups at 6" low is a "realistic expectation"... Um, OK?
I suspect you’re experiencing the same issues I had with mine.

The shotgun pattern groups were caused by baffle strikes and the baffle strikes were caused by the end of the barrel cover not being properly finished. Instead of seating flush and parallel with the bore the little bits of casting debris and swarth were causing it to sit canted. I managed to fix this by overtightening the adapter. Once the baffle strikes stopped the groups became respectable.

The shooting way too low was caused by the front and rear rails not being in alignment. The rear rail on mine is about 1/16” lower than the front. I just shimmed TF out of my rear scope ring. I used 13 aluminum shims cut from the side of a pop can and I think that 15 would have actually centered the scope better.

And you’re absolutely right about this being unacceptable quality control. I called this gun a turd in a different thread and I stand by that.

Sorry I posted this "deal" guys, I was hoping people would have a better experience.

But thanks for being the guinea pigs!
You passed on to the group what appeared to be a good deal and apparently has been for many.

And I think all of us were warned that these are hit or miss when it comes to quality.

Reactions: markhooper
I suspect you’re experiencing the same issues I had with mine.

The shotgun pattern groups were caused by baffle strikes and the baffle strikes were caused by the end of the barrel cover not being properly finished. Instead of seating flush and parallel with the bore the little bits of casting debris and swarth were causing it to sit canted. I managed to fix this by overtightening the adapter. Once the baffle strikes stopped the groups became respectable.

The shooting way too low was caused by the front and rear rails not being in alignment. The rear rail on mine is about 1/16” lower than the front. I just shimmed TF out of my rear scope ring. I used 13 aluminum shims cut from the side of a pop can and I think that 15 would have actually centered the scope better.

And you’re absolutely right about this being unacceptable quality control. I called this gun a turd in a different thread and I stand by that.

I shot it with a moderator and without, POI didn't change. Due to the overly large pattern and drop, I am guessing its the crown. Perhaps saw cut and has a burr.

It was a fingers-crossed purchase and there is a good chance that recrowning it or exchanging it would have resulted in a decent pistol but in the end, the grips were made for a child or a woman and were too confining, the magazines were the same old "Upside-down" first pellet carp that I can't stand and the air tank was just too small for any real shooting.

I shot it with a moderator and without, POI didn't change. Due to the overly large pattern and drop, I am guessing its the crown. Perhaps saw cut and has a burr.

It was a fingers-crossed purchase and there is a good chance that recrowning it or exchanging it would have resulted in a decent pistol but in the end, the grips were made for a child or a woman and were too confining, the magazines were the same old "Upside-down" first pellet carp that I can't stand and the air tank was just too small for any real shooting.
Yep!
1704673228253.png

Well I didn't fare any better with the gun I decided to purchase instead of one of these duds.

I picked up a beeman 2028 Marshall, and it was so inaccurate I couldn't even shoot it outside without fear of it slinging a pellet off into the abyss.

It was bought ad a project, so I had already muddled with stuff so there was no returning it. I ended up having to recrown it 2x, scrub it out more than any other barrel I've ever received, polished and chambered the leade, remove a burr from the transfer port, and polish the barrel about 40 strokes. Now it'll give me quarter sized groups at 25, but I did make it into a carbine. 20 shots at 18 fpe.
20240101_161331.jpg

Currently building a CF shroud for it and the stock is now painted and drying.

Well I didn't fare any better with the gun I decided to purchase instead of one of these duds.

I picked up a beeman 2028 Marshall, and it was so inaccurate I couldn't even shoot it outside without fear of it slinging a pellet off into the abyss.

It was bought ad a project, so I had already muddled with stuff so there was no returning it. I ended up having to recrown it 2x, scrub it out more than any other barrel I've ever received, polished and chambered the leade, remove a burr from the transfer port, and polish the barrel about 40 strokes. Now it'll give me quarter sized groups at 25, but I did make it into a carbine. 20 shots at 18 fpe.View attachment 423193

Currently building a CF shroud for it and the stock is now painted and drying.
I do not have your skills and patience.

If an airgun sucks I will send it back.
If more of us do that then maybe the airgun manufacturers will stop giving us bad airguns.

I have both guns and theyre totally different. Maybe I just have realistic expectations of a gun that costs as much as a gameboy.

Just looked up the Notos... it isn't even 25 caliber! and it's not a pistol? And it has a lower FPE even at the same caliber? Fairly confused why they're even being compared. Seems like the Jet is a great cheap PCP pistol and the Notos is a low powered nonconvertible carbine.

I'm getting a lot of REEEEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE for saying I had a good experience with the Jet. IDK why it triggers people so much how I spend my money.

Yes, it's the same base gun.
Pretty sure you can buy one of these for the Jet II and throw it on the Jet.
I want one to try and fit it to my Notos to add more air in a slim package.

View attachment 419148
I heard that there's a jet 3 coming 🤔 so will the make 3 tubes stacked? might be more height than grip.
Mark

I have both guns and theyre totally different. Maybe I just have realistic expectations of a gun that costs as much as a gameboy.

Just looked up the Notos... it isn't even 25 caliber! and it's not a pistol? And it has a lower FPE even at the same caliber? Fairly confused why they're even being compared. Seems like the Jet is a great cheap PCP pistol and the Notos is a low powered nonconvertible carbine.

I'm getting a lot of REEEEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE for saying I had a good experience with the Jet. IDK why it triggers people so much how I spend my money.
I have the notos with factory grips and open sights.. yes 22" long is too much, but I shortened it with a 4" moderator inside the shroud, I had to shorten the 11" barrel 4" and I expected it to be louder and not as accurate.. it's actually more accurate with my crown and thanks to Dallas for the moderator it's quieter than factory.. now it's just under 16 inches long..
I'll try to post pictures at the end
Mark

Reactions: Genob
pictures of my finished notos, now a large pistol just under 16 inches long but it's better than the factory 22" long..
it now has a moderator inside the shroud and vents inside the inner shroud.. great new crown , I learned from a old gunsmith..turn the end perfect, do the outside corner bevel and then spin it on high in the lathe and use a die grinder attached to the lathe for a 45° with a fine stone spinning 19k rpm.. under a magnifying glass the inside of the crown was perfect and crisp rifling ends and it's quieter than factory, more accurate than factory..
thanks to firewalker for o rings and sharing information,
thanks to Dallas for getting the moderator printed
thanks to Felix for loaning a chronograph
Mark

IMG_20240122_165247164.jpg

IMG_20240122_165309036.jpg

IMG_20240122_165327728.jpg

IMG_20240122_161502973.jpg

pictures of my finished notos, now a large pistol just under 16 inches long but it's better than the factory 22" long..
it now has a moderator inside the shroud and vents inside the inner shroud.. great new crown , I learned from a old gunsmith..turn the end perfect, do the outside corner bevel and then spin it on high in the lathe and use a die grinder attached to the lathe for a 45° with a fine stone spinning 19k rpm.. under a magnifying glass the inside of the crown was perfect and crisp rifling ends and it's quieter than factory, more accurate than factory..
thanks to firewalker for o rings and sharing information,
thanks to Dallas for getting the moderator printed
thanks to Felix for loaning a chronograph
Mark

View attachment 432998

View attachment 432999

View attachment 433000

View attachment 433001

Purdy dang sexy!

Looks factory! Very Impressive!