• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Resources Hello from the BoG

Welcome to 2024, all of you that shoot and enjoy Field Target in the USA. I’m Jeff Cloud, your new AAFTA Board of Governors (BoG) Chairman and I wanted to reach out and introduce myself and speak about my goals for AAFTA in 2024.

I’m a mechanical engineer who has worked for Bell Helicopter designing vertical takeoff and landing aircraft for 30 years. I’ve been married for 30 years and have three daughters. I’ve been shooting air rifles since 2011; it is just the latest in a long line of my competitive hobbies that include RC car racing, go kart racing, mountain bikes, and 3D archery. I also like to collect, restore, and sell vintage multi-pump airguns (Sheridans are my favorite). I’ve been shooting Field Target since 2014, and I helped start the Arlington Sportsman’s Club FT matches in May of that same year. I shot in the Hunter Springer class for about 5 years, then the WFTF Springer class for a couple of years, before switching to WFTF PCP about three years ago. I also shoot Extreme Field Target and some limited PRS and NRL22 with my airguns. Let’s just say that I like to target shoot with pretty much any kind of projectile firing mechanism.

I’ve been on the AAFTA BoG for one term (3 years) and am looking forward to this next term. I was the Secretary and Treasurer and Vice-Chairman during my last term, and I was selected to be the Chairman this year. My goals for 2024 are as follows:
  • Maintain the stability of AAFTA as an organization and as a rule set for our member clubs, shooters, and various classes.
  • Maintain the financial solvency of AAFTA so that we can execute on our purpose that we shall “promote Field Target shooting clubs in the United States.”
  • Give back to the member clubs by hosting your match info on our website, making monthly posts on our Facebook page about upcoming matches and other events (thank you Philip Hepler), and provide the necessary items and funding you need to host successful Grand Prix and Nats.
  • The BoG has decided to act on the second goal by providing significant monetary support to the World Field Target Championship at the Rio Salado GC in Arizona, host of the 2024 World FT Championship in the USA in November. Hosting a World Championship event is a financial burden to undertake, and we will be there with the WFTC organization to help make it successful and something that the US can be proud of.
I cannot do any of this on my own. All of the members of the BoG do their part to make this organization run. Here are the BoG Members for 2024:
  • Jeff Cloud - Chairman
  • Lauren Parsons - Vice Chairman
  • Brad Troyer - Secretary/Treasurer
  • Paul Cray
  • Garrett Kwakkestein
  • Welcome to Larry Piercy from Arizona who was just elected to a three-year term on the BOG.
  • Jennifer Wylie – Webmaster
  • Philip Hepler – Social Media
I want to personally thank our sponsors from the 2023 Nats and say that none of what we do would be possible without your generous support. Next time you need to make an airgun related purchase, visit their stores/websites and purchase items from them. You can see all of our current sponsors posted on our home page at AAFTA.org
IMG_1106.jpeg

If you have any questions as a member club or as a Field Target shooter, please reach out via the Contact link on the AAFTA.org website. We strive to provide answers as quickly as we can. I encourage you to shoot often at your local clubs, at a Grand Prix or the Nationals if you can, and I also encourage you to shoot at the Field Target World Championships in Arizona if you shoot the WFTF class. It’s not too late to switch classes and start practicing.

I look forward to an exciting and eventful 2024 and hope to meet some of you at a match somewhere in the US.
Cheers,
Jeff Cloud