HogKillers 2024 Season begins

Just downloaded the pictures from my Trigger Cam, here is one....I need a bigger gun.

1714423151799.png

Ok, going out today, my retriever Pete is having severe back issue so he's standing me up to waste time at the Dr.s office, looking for a concurring option that they don't have a clue what's wrong after a bunch of scans. Today's hint, pinched nerve see my Chiropractor and use a TENS.

Anyway, taking my Raptor .25, not exactly a small hunting rifle but....it'll be interesting, getting excellent results out of AEA Center Punch 33.9, slightly better than JSB's and I mean slightly but noticeable, so today's the real test. Taking my .22 Mav Compact too, I think I've got it working well now, need the area to stretch it out and get the elevations right. I HAVE to stop messing with things.

Oh and my TriggerCam is toast, the card slot decided to break

Reactions: Bandito
Well, count is a possible one, I know I hit it at 54 yards with my .22 18gr, it went down off of the fence, Aiming for a heart/lung...BUT the wind was pretty brisk from my right so the pellet may have moved left, the critter wasn't there when I went to collect it. On the bright side I got both the Raptor .25 and Maverick .22 zeroed at 125 yards, 75 yards, 50 yards. I was just packed up and saw that critter so I had to go back to unpack a gun. Oh well...next week.

Another Wednesday and....well a nice day STRONG breeze/wind from the North, took the Raptor and the Maverick VP, both .25. Set my sighting target at 70 yards, tweaked in the Raptor, the Maverick, twisted the elevation to 70 yards, and hit, ok, I'm done with that. Moved the target to 50 yards, need that on the elevations, easypeesy, marked the turrets. Dialed out to 110 wing at a 30º to flight, hit dirt clods. Oh look, a squirrel on the log...managed to annoy it. BTW using AEA Center Punches on both guns, they are very happy with them.

Oh look a squirrel on the fence, grab the raptor, reset the turret to 50 yards, now 90º to the wind, so compensate and let fly, it had it's back to me...a SOLID THUNK, it went down, went out to grab it and....WTH where is it? No sign of a hole nothing. Weeds were moderately high but I'm sure I didn't miss it or miss seeing it.

I'm thinking I'm going to need a weed wacker and do 175 yards of fence line.

See another one out by the entrance, grab the Maverick, dial it in let fly and...miss, load another round....and....pffffttt, WTH were did my pressure go, #2 reg is 135 bar, did I lose a breech seal, hummm no air that I can feel, double feed???? Oh well, I've got work to do so pack up and head home....maybe next week.

Ok, data on the pffftttttt in the Maverick, I can't prove it but...there is a high degree of certainty that some idiot hit the HSA and turned it to....ZERO. Removed the breech o-ring anyway, went to look for my bag of o-rings and....YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME WHERE IN THE H DID I PUT THEM. Of course it's a funky size and the usual suspects don't have it, and of course I don't remember where in the heck I got them so....ordered some from Utah Air Guns, also ordered a 1:16 500mm liner for my .22 compact.

Because my Maverick was out of commission so I happened to have a 700 .25 sniper barrel assy. laying around, so i put it in, ok it was shooting LOW so I cranked it up and omg, single hole with the AEA 33.9 pellets 935fps at 30 yards, tried 26gr hybrids today, perking along at 1020 and nice groups...hmmmmm do I have a slug gun now??

Picked up a DJI Mini 2 4k drone a few days back, only lost it once and crashed about 5 times so all's good. Taking it out tomorrow and going to see if I can hover and get an aerial shot, IF any of the rodents come out. Going to be interesting because it's only me, the thing hovers great, should be fun, only have two three batteries right now with another coming soon. So only 50 75 min of flight time.

Got a late start to my permission, seems the wife was a touch picky about it being her birthday, I do have my priorities and Wed is my squirrel day. Saw a total of 4. 1 at the entrance, 1 heading under the house behind the property, two on the street fence rail chilling, not at the same time. Grabbed my Maverick, I'd just sighted it in with the AEA 33.9's dialed down to 52 yards and a nice solid thunk, but of course no body. Tried my 26gr hybrids in it at 70 yards, a few weeks and.... nailing my target, I think I have a slug gun...again....maybe. Got done sighting it in and ohhhh another squirrel on the fence rail close to where the first one was., Maverick 26gr hybrid 1020 fps,...aimed for the head and down it went. So I thought I'd be cool and send my drone out to find it....oh damn, those are power lines, back away slowly and get down, search for fence line and....nothing. So I walked over, well heck no wonder II didn't see it with the drone....pic # 1....I picked it pu and put it out for the buzzards to have lunch on. pic #2. Went back and tried the drone again for practice, even knowing were it was it took a bit and I had to watch out for the lines. Then did some more practice flying, good day, no crashes.IMG_2839.jpegIMG_2841.jpeg

Reactions: AmosBurton