• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Gk1 .25. Phenomenal Close range carry.

Devink

Oct 13, 2023
NY
The lights out we always hope for. 34 grain pellet on the noggin after Digging holds like crazy under my buildings. And caught him at about 15 yards .
received_1603880803745566.jpeg

Nothing better than a dead critter! And look at that slick critter-gitter :love: Can't quite make it out tho. Looks beaverish, but I don't think it is. Don't think it's a Nutria. What is it? besides dead? haha
That's a woodchuck, or ground hog.
They dig underground condos, and do a lot of damage to your property.

That's a woodchuck, or ground hog.
They dig underground condos, and do a lot of damage to your property.

Some people call them Whistle Pigs. Farmers and land owners really dislike them because they do crap tons of damage. I have only seen one and they move really quickly for their size. They dig burrows and will whistle when they see danger. Baiting seems to be the best way to get them to stand still.

We used to call them whistle pigs when we were kids because when we hunted them if you whistled out loud they would stand on their hind legs to see who was whistling and then we would pop them LOL. Also the horse and cattle farmers were happy to let us hunt them on their property because they would lose livestock to broken legs when they stepped in the burrows. One farmer would even give us a 50 cent bounty for each one. It taught me a lot about stalking to get up close enough to use a .22cal.