Huben Huben GK1 V1 VS V3R

I am confused about the pricing on Huben's website for the GK1. So they sell the regulated GK1 V3R for $1899 (price dropped $100 this week). The original GK1 V1 is $2199. Those prices are both for the suppressed options with the adapter. I look at the specs and I do not see why. They both have the same power and specs. I saw the GK1 V1 for sale on another site for $1299, I dont know how legit that site is so I wont link it. I assumed the V1 would be getting phased out and thats why I saw it on sale.

I am assuming its a pricing mistake, but I figured I would ask here.

You’re most likely looking at hubenairgun.shop and they are not Huben but seller in Spain. Look up https://krazcool.com/. Or https://www.aresairgunstactical.com. They both are legit sellers in USA .
Thanks for letting me know. Now I see they basically cloned the manufacturers websites for multiple brands and added the .shop at the end. Whats most screwed up about that is they are placed as the top search result on DuckDuckGo and Google

why do they advertise it having a speed loader? I see nothing speedy about it at all!
Thats funny. I have wondered the same thing, how a loading gate thingy is a speed loader. Ok, you can load two, maybe three pellets, before rotating the cylinder again. So technically, it is faster than the original loading gate. But it's still not going to be speedy loading, IMO. The speedy thing about this pistol is how fast you can empty it, Cheers.

Thats funny. I have wondered the same thing, how a loading gate thingy is a speed loader. Ok, you can load two, maybe three pellets, before rotating the cylinder again. So technically, it is faster than the original loading gate. But it's still not going to be speedy loading, IMO. The speedy thing about this pistol is how fast you can empty it, Cheers.
I like the GTOs because I can click them in to the stock gate, two at a time (22 cal here), and not have to seat them. They just stay put in the front of the mag.

Reactions: Nutcracker and MrP
while i havent gotten jams from not seating the pellets, the groups where often 2-3 times larger than with seated pellets. this is with .22 shooting 16gr jsb and 14gr CPH....

some of the JSB pellets would get bent skirts before its their time to be fired....just from being cycled....looking at gun from the back, all pellets would be pristine on the rights side of the mag, once they have rotated and are on the left side, some skirts would look mighty mangled. seating pellets takes 30 sec and groups tighten up nicely(it is annoying to need something to seat them with).....

started to seat pellets in the leshiy2 as well, and it also made a huge difference in group sizes for the better

Trying to help:
You do not “seat” the pellets in a GK1
All that is needed is to load the pellets just flush with the rear of the cylinder. You don’t push them in any further than that.
If you push them any further than that they can move toward the front of the cylinder….that is when they’ll jam.
Took me a couple of times loading to understand that too.
Lots of folks talk about “seating“ the pellets…..don’t, just load them.

while i havent gotten jams from not seating the pellets, the groups where often 2-3 times larger than with seated pellets. this is with .22 shooting 16gr jsb and 14gr CPH....

some of the JSB pellets would get bent skirts before its their time to be fired....just from being cycled....looking at gun from the back, all pellets would be pristine on the rights side of the mag, once they have rotated and are on the left side, some skirts would look mighty mangled. seating pellets takes 30 sec and groups tighten up nicely(it is annoying to need something to seat them with).....

started to seat pellets in the leshiy2 as well, and it also made a huge difference in group sizes for the better
Seating compresses the skirt allowing them to move more freely in both directions. If your pellets don’t sit tight, they are either too small (CPHP) or fragile (16g JSB). JTS 18.1 and larger do well, but nothing beats the tough (lead free) predator GTOs. Here’s a picture of my half shot mag:

IMG_0740.jpeg

I’m close to 10,000 shots with GTOs from this GK1 and have never seen one of these pellets break loose let alone jam. The accuracy at 900fps is staggering.

I am confused about the pricing on Huben's website for the GK1. So they sell the regulated GK1 V3R for $1899 (price dropped $100 this week). The original GK1 V1 is $2199. Those prices are both for the suppressed options with the adapter. I look at the specs and I do not see why. They both have the same power and specs. I saw the GK1 V1 for sale on another site for $1299, I dont know how legit that site is so I wont link it. I assumed the V1 would be getting phased out and thats why I saw it on sale.

I am assuming its a pricing mistake, but I figured I would ask here.
I sent you an IM. Get the gun from Ares Tactical for $1299, then shop at huben3dparts.com for the speed loader and red/green dot sight mount and check out "taming the bark" thread on the pistol forum and you will have everything you need for a much better price and it will be fully decked out... current pistols now being sold are their V2 that makes minor improvements to their first gen...

Reactions: rootdude
Francisco manages the Huben stuff in Spain and is one of the top dealers for air rifles in Europe, especially for RTI, he works closely with RTI on all of their development. I don't know why Francisco's prices are so much higher. Also, Francisco's site is V3 vs V1. I have bought several guns from Francisco and he has always been a good guy to deal with.

What is the new “Fourth Run” version?! I just finally got my GK1 (V3) set up, and now they are putting out a new one AGAIN? The Gun has been great a few weeks I’ve had it, but I just can’t shake the feeling/belief that I purchased a prototype. Again, I do like the gun, but this honestly seems quite irresponsible/unprofessional of Huben… in my humble opinion. One would hope that, if a company were to release a product in this bizarre staggered fashion, that they would at least make customers aware of the fact that they are still fine-tuning the product. I might honestly feel better if the newer versions were more expensive lol, that way I wouldn’t feel as duped.
IMO, Huben would be smart in the long run if they offered some kind of trade-in options, as this seems quite unfair to the “loyal” customers who purchased their various prototypes for the same price as their final product. It would be great if companies who are Huben suppliers push for such an action, or at least some sort of explanation. Again, I really do like my GK1 (V3) but I wish I was given all the facts before purchasing (what is now clearly) a prototype at full price. I 100% would’ve waited a few months if I knew Huben was still tweaking the product - but unfortunately, my supplier told me that the V3 was the “final version”. I cannot speak for anyone else, but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

IMG_0284.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: longdog
What is the new “Fourth Run” version?! I just finally got my GK1 (V3) set up, and now they are putting out a new one AGAIN? The Gun has been great a few weeks I’ve had it, but I just can’t shake the feeling/belief that I purchased a prototype. Again, I do like the gun, but this honestly seems quite irresponsible/unprofessional of Huben… in my humble opinion. One would hope that, if a company were to release a product in this bizarre staggered fashion, that they would at least make customers aware of the fact that they are still fine-tuning the product. I might honestly feel better if the newer versions were more expensive lol, that way I wouldn’t feel as duped.
IMO, Huben would be smart in the long run if they offered some kind of trade-in options, as this seems quite unfair to the “loyal” customers who purchased their various prototypes for the same price as their final product. It would be great if companies who are Huben suppliers push for such an action, or at least some sort of explanation. Again, I really do like my GK1 (V3) but I wish I was given all the facts before purchasing (what is now clearly) a prototype at full price. I 100% would’ve waited a few months if I knew Huben was still tweaking the product - but unfortunately, my supplier told me that the V3 was the “final version”. I cannot speak for anyone else, but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

View attachment 460838
There's no 4th version!
It was a mistake in a post from a new owner and he said so in his post if you read it all!!!
V3 is latest and probably here to stay for a while! There is a regulated version from a shop in Spain but not here in the states yet! And I'm sure it be will lacking the power of the current offering!

Last edited: