• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex I sipped the Notos Kool-aid

Noto is a great plinking/target airgun out of the box.

Adding a drop block for $70 and a carbon fiber bottle for $90 or an aluminum bottle for $30 would add another $100-$160 to an airgun which can be bought for about $220-$230 new.
It would also add about 1-2 lbs to a very light airgun.

What exactly is the point?
I have been asking myself the same question- :)

Noto is a great plinking/target airgun out of the box.

Adding a drop block for $70 and a carbon fiber bottle for $90 or an aluminum bottle for $30 would add another $100-$160 to an airgun which can be bought for about $220-$230 new.
It would also add about 1-2 lbs to a very light airgun.

What exactly is the point?

Just as I said:
"... you will have way too much weight way too far forward and its WAY too big around at 61mm!!.
Trust me! 54mm OD vs 61mm."

The 61mm aluminum tank will not fit under the moderator housing and the weight will be unbalanced and way too far forward.

Chad,

Great questions! I have bottles, drop blocks and Z-blocks in stock here, they are all extremely well made and are more robust than the OEM stuff that came with the gun!

I have shipped more than 60 guns with the CF tanks and drop blocks with no issues and no leaks. I am a huge scaredy-cat with HPA and fill my tanks in another room so I get it but I have no issues with holding these guns with 4k of pressure in the CF tank, none.

Chad,

Great questions! I have bottles, drop blocks and Z-blocks in stock here, they are all extremely well made and are more robust than the OEM stuff that came with the gun!

I have shipped more than 60 guns with the CF tanks and drop blocks with no issues and no leaks. I am a huge scaredy-cat with HPA and fill my tanks in another room so I get it but I have no issues with holding these guns with 4k of pressure in the CF tank, none.
Firewalker,

Thank you for your reassurance in the items. I do enjoy putting together regular rifles and am sure will enjoy PCP ones as well.

I do hope the best for your dad and your family.

Chad

I couldn't resist. Bought a used Notos here off AGN and one thing led to another. Just finished up a bottle mod today with a Huben Cricket regulated pic railed drop block and 220cc bottle. Also added some camo bling. Shooting pretty good. Thanks all for the inspiration and direction for customizing this awesome platform.

View attachment 399189

View attachment 399190
That is so freaking cool! Well done. That shot count is awesome

Either size is fine. That part - the air plenum and valve isn't used for the Notos bottle mod. It will unscrew after you've released the pressure out of the dropblock. I used a dead blow to whack the valve pin to release the pressure. Wear ear plugs as it's a supersonic pop. Took 4 or 5 hits to relieve pressure. It also comes with a pressure test cap on the bottle fitting. That comes in handy to test for leaks prior to installing the bottle! Good luck.
Sorry noob here when it comes to airguns.

Can you show or point out on the picture of where / how you released the pressure on the drop block before you unscrewed it?

Also, If I purchased this one below, would I just loosen the screw that I have circled? Thanks again,

1700072954073.png

1700072521735.png

Last edited:
Hey Mik,
Adjusting the reg is pretty easy. The adjustment screw is shown here. You'll want to loosen the locking nut a bit then use allen key to make the adjustment. CCW to raise reg pressure or CW to lower reg pressure. OK to raise pressure with air in bottle, but should degas completely to lower pressure. Doesn't take much to move the reg pressure. Go in 1/8th turn increments or less if going up. If you're increasing it, you'll be able to watch the pressure rise on the reg gauge. A couple dry fires will settle in the reg pressure as you're adjusting it. Tighten locking nut when you're done.
View attachment 404560
I've got one like that and I loosened the nut and turned the Allen screw counter clockwise and it didn't change the reg pressure. I turned it more and still nothing.

Shaky2
Which Z-block you get? The Huben or the Qupb? I've used both. Some tradeoffs. The Hubens adjust to atleast 2500psi whereas the stock Qupbs top out around 1800. I added a shim washer in the Qupb zblock reg and can now adjust up to atleast 2400psi. Haven't tried any higher. The Qupb zblock has a larger body and thus larger plenum volume so you won't lose any fps at same reg pressure as stock Notos. Likewise adding the eBay 15cc plenum along with the Huben Z-block and you'll be back up at same or higher fps. One thing else with the Qupb zblock, the foster fitting base is much larger than on the Huben so it makes adding the bipod not as streamlined. It has to sit closer to the trigger guard. Both Z-blocks have outstanding regulators on them. If you're going for a power boost, up around 25-26fpe, you can bore out the tube adapter port and transfer ports. I've done this on 3 rifles with great results. With reg at 2200psi I'm up at 880fps with CPHP 14.3gr, 850fps with JSB 15.9gr and 750fps with H&N 21.1gr. HS 2 turns in with stock spring.

Last edited:
Shaky2
Which Z-block you get? The Huben or the Qupb? I've used both. Some tradeoffs. The Hubens adjust to atleast 2500psi whereas the stock Qupbs top out around 1800. I added a shim washer in the Qupb zblock reg and can now adjust up to atleast 2400psi. Haven't tried any higher. The Qupb zblock has a larger body and thus larger plenum volume so you won't lose any fps at same reg pressure as stock Notos. Likewise adding the eBay 15cc plenum along with the Huben Z-block and you'll be back up at same or higher fps. One thing else with the Qupb zblock, the foster fitting base is much larger than on the Huben so it makes adding the bipod not as streamlined. It has to sit closer to the trigger guard. Both Z-blocks have outstanding regulators on them. If you're going for a power boost, up around 25-26fpe, you can bore out the tube adapter port and transfer ports. I've done this on 3 rifles with great results. With reg at 2200psi I'm up at 880fps with CPHP 14.3gr, 850fps with JSB 15.9gr and 750fps with H&N 21.1gr. HS 2 turns in with stock spring.
I have the QUPB. I'm not too worried about getting the fps up cause I'm sure more HS tension or adding the eBay plenum would raise it to where I want it. I just couldn't figure out why the reg adjuster done nothing. Loosening the lock nut the hex screw was free to move in or out with no resistance. The reg gauge shows 2100psi and a full turn CC done nothing

I have the QUPB. I'm not too worried about getting the fps up cause I'm sure more HS tension or adding the eBay plenum would raise it to where I want it. I just couldn't figure out why the reg adjuster done nothing. Loosening the lock nut the hex screw was free to move in or out with no resistance. The reg gauge shows 2100psi and a full turn CC done nothing
If you decide to increase the reg pressure, completely degas the rifle and then you can disassemble the reg and add a spacer shim. I used a SS washer I had on hand that was 16mm od x 7.4mm id x 1.45mm thick. I first sanded off the washer burr edges on a 400g sanding block. I used a snap ring tool to unscrew the reg access cover. Rounded needle nose pliers would likely work too. Remove the Belleville washers, 12 of them, and drop the shim washer in the reg cavity then replace the Belleville washers just like they came out. Here's the stackup that I had in mine. Inner ->shim | ))(( ))(( ))((<- Outer. Tighten the access cap back down. Loosen the adjustment locknut and tighten the adjustment screw CW to loosely seat it then back it off ~1/2-turn. Add the bottle fitting and the test cap on it. If the zblock is off the rifle, install the valve assembly on the other end. Hook up to your compressor and pressurize up to ~3kpsi. Watch the reg gauge, it'll only come up to around 600-800psi. Now you can slowly adjust the reg screw CCW until you are at 2200psi or so. Give that a try. If it's where you want it, degass the zblock and mount up on your rifle. I suggest keeping the test cap on for the initial fill and shoot a few shots to see where you're at velocity wise. At 4000psi on the inlet gauge, you'll get a few good shots with the reg test cap on there. This is faster than filling the 220cc bottle to get things dialed in. If it's shooting where you want, degass and swap in the bottle. If still too low, bump the reg up CCW another 50-100lbs. If too high, degass and adjust screw CW ~1/4turn inward. Pressurize and test it again. Adjust it until it's where you want it. On the QUPB Z-block I loosen the foster fitting to degas. The setscrew in the bottle adapter fitting is a bottle isolation "valve". Degassing with it resulted in a damaged/cut
oring on mine. That setscrew needs to be loosened ~3/4-turn to allow bottle to fill.

Screenshot_20231211-115550_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Rain
If you decide to increase the reg pressure, completely degas the rifle and then you can disassemble the reg and add a spacer shim. I used a SS washer I had on hand that was 16mm od x 7.4mm id x 1.45mm thick. I first sanded off the washer burr edges on a 400g sanding block. I used a snap ring tool to unscrew the reg access cover. Rounded needle nose pliers would likely work too. Remove the Belleville washers, 12 of them, and drop the shim washer in the reg cavity then replace the Belleville washers just like they came out. Here's the stackup that I had in mine. Inner ->shim | ))(( ))(( ))((<- Outer. Tighten the access cap back down. Loosen the adjustment locknut and tighten the adjustment screw CW to loosely seat it then back it off ~1/2-turn. Add the bottle fitting and the test cap on it. If the zblock is off the rifle, install the valve assembly on the other end. Hook up to your compressor and pressurize up to ~3kpsi. Watch the reg gauge, it'll only come up to around 600-800psi. Now you can slowly adjust the reg screw CCW until you are at 2200psi or so. Give that a try. If it's where you want it, degass the zblock and mount up on your rifle. I suggest keeping the test cap on for the initial fill and shoot a few shots to see where you're at velocity wise. At 4000psi on the inlet gauge, you'll get a few good shots with the reg test cap on there. This is faster than filling the 220cc bottle to get things dialed in. If it's shooting where you want, degass and swap in the bottle. If still too low, bump the reg up CCW another 50-100lbs. If too high, degass and adjust screw CW ~1/4turn inward. Pressurize and test it again. Adjust it until it's where you want it. On the QUPB Z-block I loosen the foster fitting to degas. The setscrew in the bottle adapter fitting is a bottle isolation "valve". Degassing with it resulted in a damaged/cut
oring on mine. That setscrew needs to be loosened ~3/4-turn to allow bottle to fill.

View attachment 414622
Wow! Thank you. You really went into detail on how to do this. I'll have to make a decision on which way I want to go on this. At this time I'm not sure I care much for the bottle setup.

I've been a busy elf. I modified a couple more Notos's for Xmas gifts. Turned our great. Again used the Huben Z-blocks and 220cc bottles. I gave both a bit of tweaking too. Cocking lever smoothing, Breech and barrel polish, trigger job, power boost mod and I printed moderator inserts as well as several mags for each. I think my son and brother will be thrilled. Find out later today. I'll let them pick their own optics. Should be all set for a springtime Notos league!
Happy Holidays!

20231225_114248.jpg

20231225_114720.jpg

Last edited: