If I saw raccoons on my property like this

So my solution was simple. I shot a few and they'd eventually come back. They're very social/communal animals. They couldn't spread the word that you don't go in that yard, well, because they were dead.

I shot one in the shoulder on a miss with my 32 fpe 22, and it rolled back, and looked at me, and bolted. I haven't seen one in my yard since. My trash hasn't been scattered either.

I have found some bird wings in the yard from a couple sparrows I left lie. Either the local male cat that has been roaming forever eats them, or the possums. I'd rather the possum eat those than my maters.

I hit a big one coming out of my roof after I moved in my house, had chewed right though under a small eave. Heard it walking through the attic and ran out hid behind a tree and it woke up in the big trash can in the sky!
Squirrels tear up more wiring and I get to crawl around in nasty hot attics to fix that crap, so I usually show no mercy on them. Raccoons will avoid wires because they're smart, they just make a mess everywhere and the squirrels get in much easier after a raccoon rips open your roof or siding.

I've had a lot of problems with rats damaging stuff and costing me $1000s in repairs and construction to keep them out of the building. They dig holes under the foundation and also use drainage pipes as highways into the buildings. I see a few squirrels around but haven't seen much damage from them yet, or they would be on the poop list too. Raccoons also cause problems. So any coons or rats I see and can dispatch, if I can. The problem are the rats they never sit still and have too much food naturally around to eat any poison bait. They do like bird seeds and some nuts. But trapping them outside is hard because birds trigger the traps before the rats do.

I seen a coyote in my yard 2 times now and it isn't do a good job keeping the coons and rats in check.

This coyote knows what to do!

Rat ignores the food outside and inside the bong and instead goes for buds on the rose bush to the right of the bong.

Last edited: