• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LET THEM FIGHT ... English vs German

1597374636_20645154985f3600ac1fe394.35770365.jpeg
As you know, I land on the Weihrauch side. I’ve also noticed, however, a sharp decline in the amount of posts about Air Arms TX200s. 

So that being said, pretend one brand had to be destroyed and never resurrected, which would you keep? For me Weihrauch. Ze Germans.
1597382913_12343092995f3621010f9446.98299979.jpeg
1597382913_1596141365f36210132bb40.63603571.jpeg
 The English know how to make some beautiful stuff, like cakes and pies, but they are no match for ze Germans.
1597382932_8690365655f3621142a2e77.05529144.jpeg

Cast your vote below. Which would you keep? Have another brand that is English or German?

Reactions: L.Leon
I own a lot more HW spring guns than AA spring guns, so I’d have to give the nod to HW. That said, they are both very accurate and high quality industrial works of art. The price differential between HW and AA has widened a lot in recent years with Krale entering the picture. Even with significant weakness in the pound, prices for the TX200 or PS have changed very little if at all. That may account for the fewer number of posts about the TX200 or PS.

R

if this is about hw and AA, I'd give AA my vote, as they prep the whole gun from the finishing to mechanical design and accuracy very well, I don't heard a lot of issues with their guns, only see a lot of people selling them because they are probably consistently becomes too boring bec of not much problem and people always tend to be attracted to things that are flashy and something new. Maybe its only me, but I love their finished product.

Reactions: Orv
I have quite a few of both,English,better bluing and looks..oh no...German way more to choose from,I am talking springers.Air Arms and English Webleys.My upper class HW are great....I would take my English made,not because they are better,,they have more quality.I would not tell my Munich born girlfriend Elsa that though,ok I thought about it again,my German made are easier for me to shoot accurate,English have more personality,,,,please I have ADD....I am getting confused,,,Germans are more fun...have better beer...PCP,,,English

I hear the term "over-engineered" applied to German products, including their air rifles. I understand the meaning in this context, but I'm not sure I agree. To me, if a rifle is over-engineered, something isn't working right due to an overly complex design. I agree that certain German engineered rifles are relatively complex. But, in my experience, that is not to their detriment. In fact, they work very well. Some of the German match triggers are a good example. Most of them are true, two-stage triggers that offer the safety of a first stage in which the second stage sear has a comfortable margin of safety, but a second stage engagement that is very precise. And, in most cases the stages are independently adjustable, and some even convert to single stage operation (Anschutz 5018). In that example, the English (and American) approach would be to forego the added design and manufacturing challenges of building such a trigger, saying, "well, we have 90% of what the added challenges would give us, good enough." The Germans tend to take on the challenge of building what is ultimately desired, but usually achieve the complex design while maintaining reliability. Just my observation. 

Yeah, my fellow countrymen know how to engineer guns well. And pellets. And cars. And....

What we need to learn now is, how to package that brilliant engineering into something attractive to the eye — here we often blunder from "traditional"* over "boring" right on into "ugly".

Last year's release of the Walther Reign was a big step in the right direction. 😊 Congrats to the designers! 👍🏼👍🏼 

Matthias

*Don't get me wrong: We need options to buy traditional looking guns with woodstocks, stipling, golden triggers, and all that nostalgic stuff. And the same goes for German cars! But when that seems to be all that German industrial designers can come up with, I'll curb my patriotism a little bit....

Over engineered & generally excellent quality.... GERMAN in general

Overly fiddly & unique being not real user friendly .... BSA / England

Tighter build, excellent machine work threw out AA / England

Why fight ? ..... BOTH companies have weak areas as well STRONG !

This post is somewhat trolling for a fight / debate / heated augmenting and that's just silly IMO

Over engineered & generally excellent quality.... GERMAN in general

Overly fiddly & unique being not real user friendly .... BSA / England

Tighter build, excellent machine work threw out AA / England

Why fight ? ..... BOTH companies have weak areas as well STRONG !

This post is somewhat trolling for a fight / debate / heated augmenting and that's just silly IMO

Oh not literally, it is a quote from Godzilla 2014. Just a silly quote. The two giant monsters are prevented from fighting until the end when the Asian guy summarizes with the words, “let them fight.” It, I believe, is a compliment to both AA and HW for their high level craftsmen-ship and being Giants in the industry, and of course, they have been fighting for dominance in the market place for 30 years, resulting in the betterment of both rifles. I think their quality is roughly equal, and both doing slightly better and worse with certain models, but needless to say no trolling here...just wanted to see everyone’s comments. Sorry if you felt offended.

1597374636_20645154985f3600ac1fe394.35770365.jpeg
As you know, I land on the Weihrauch side. I’ve also noticed, however, a sharp decline in the amount of posts about Air Arms TX200s. 

So that being said, pretend one brand had to be destroyed and never resurrected, which would you keep? For me Weihrauch. Ze Germans.
1597382913_12343092995f3621010f9446.98299979.jpeg
1597382913_1596141365f36210132bb40.63603571.jpeg
 The English know how to make some beautiful stuff, like cakes and pies, but they are no match for ze Germans.
1597382932_8690365655f3621142a2e77.05529144.jpeg

Cast your vote below. Which would you keep? Have another brand that is English or German?

1597446365_1683708135f3718dd1e03b9.11523528.jpg

Let’s face it, they are both awesome. However, the pro elite by AA, May have been the apogee of the high velocity, relatively inexpensive factory Springer. And I’ve owned way more HWs then AAs. 

This will be right after the crow magnum, which is of course very expensive. But still awesome.

I can remember one day I was shooting my PE out at the range, and a flock of starlings came in. And they didn’t fly. I must’ve shot 70 of them off hand that day with my AA pro elite, all of them off hand out to about 75 yards they were dropping like flies.

mike