• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

N50 at 100 “In The Rings” Slug Challenge

Here's another pair of pellet groups.

IMG_2315.jpeg

Reactions: piffy
For the pellets I was holding 2-3 bulls to the right, and for the slugs I was holding between the 6 ring and the box in the same wind. It's a dramatic difference.
Excellent placement
You really need confidence in your rifle to be holding of like that, not to mention your estimation on wind - speed, consistancy, direction.
I need to practice MORE!!
Mike

Air guns have come a long way.

2375 with pellets at 100Y!

Your 40g slugs did just as well, but I realize it’s all about the conditions at a point in time.
The slugs were extremely easy...anyone could have done it. I don't think I varied my hold more than 1/2".

The pellets are tough. I never take my eye off of my flags and I play the "is that more or less push than my last shot" game.

Mike

35 shots with new slugs. I didn't take any sighters. I guessed at the clicks needed to go from 50 to 100. Groups started out high but adjusted a little to keep them in the rings. Weather said 2-7 wind but I was seeing 4-5 mostly. When I get used to the drift...I think I can shrink that group a good bit. Was pretty easy to be honest.

Mike

IMG_2673.jpeg

I finally got the Grand Poobah with pellets. 2500

After I took a pic and came back to the bench I added 25 more to the original 25. Conditions were light.

Mike View attachment 427462View attachment 427463

“Grand Poobah with pellets”

JSB 25.39 Shallows? Martin told another member, the new Shallows shooting pretty good in the RAWs. This is why I asked.

Tom

Today was first time ever trying to shoot my Thomas slug gun at 100 yards. I decided to use the standard N50 target. It took awhile to sight in then learn the holds from my normal 50 yards shooting, but than was ready to shoot a target. I don't know how you score this target to convert to RMAC targets, but was pretty happy with the result. The slugs were the same one's I make to shoot N50.
1711389597938.png

Today was first time ever trying to shoot my Thomas slug gun at 100 yards. I decided to use the standard N50 target. It took awhile to sight in then learn the holds from my normal 50 yards shooting, but than was ready to shoot a target. I don't know how you score this target to convert to RMAC targets, but was pretty happy with the result. The slugs were the same one's I make to shoot N50.
View attachment 448926
Nice 100y shootin Dana.

Reactions: tommyb and Loufish