• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex New Umarex ?

It looks like they effectively addressed the major obstacle to folks getting into PCPs; that being the peripheral costs of actually being able to pressurize the gun. I'm interested in seeing if using plastic, plastic, and more plastic, and replacing the PCP charging-equipment expense hurdle with disposable nitrogen cartridges that add thirty-plus cents PER SHOT proves a viable or marketable approach.:unsure:

If asked for my opinion, I might say "I doubt it." However, that speculated, I often underestimate Modern Man's aesthetics, common-sense, and forethought deficits.

I foresee situations where, after a few $12.50 cartridges spent attempting to repair a leaker the gunsmith realizes it cheaper to buy a new rifle than repair it. Hence the $12.50 disposable-cartridge power-source renders the rifle itself disposable if/when it springs a leak. :oops: But hey, it's not like airguns display any propensities whatsoever to spring a leak at any time, for any reason, or no reason; usually at the worst possible moment. Right? :rolleyes:

All that said, and being a huge fan of ($00.50) disposable-cartridge Co2 guns, was the new Umarex wood-stocked, devoid of plastic, and $50 more expensive, I might buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
I'm a little disappointed that instead of improving one of several established platforms that actually shoot well, they spent all of their R&D money on another waste-stream, subscription model, plastic wrapped, throw-away, entry level POS.
I know right. How dissapointing for us. But perhaps it's a good move for the company to lure the newbies in.

It looks like they effectively addressed the major obstacle to folks getting into PCPs; that being the peripheral costs of actually being able to pressurize the gun. I'm interested in seeing if using plastic, plastic, and more plastic, and replacing the PCP charging-equipment expense hurdle with disposable nitrogen cartridges that add thirty-plus cents PER SHOT proves a viable or marketable approach.:unsure:

If asked for my opinion, I might say "I doubt it." However, that speculated, I often underestimate Modern Man's aesthetics, common-sense, and forethought deficits.

I foresee situations where, after a few $12.50 cartridges spent attempting to repair a leaker the gunsmith realizes it cheaper to buy a new rifle than repair it. Hence the $12.50 disposable-cartridge power-source renders the rifle itself disposable if/when it springs a leak. :oops: But hey, it's not like airguns display any propensities whatsoever to spring a leak at any time, for any reason, or no reason; usually at the worst possible moment. Right? :rolleyes:

All that said, and being a huge fan of ($00.50) disposable-cartridge Co2 guns, was the new Umarex wood-stocked, devoid of plastic, and $50 more expensive, I might buy it.
That's great, unbiased insight.