• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan New Velox semi auto pcp pistol

Same. I actually like the looks of it, and the lower power doesnt bother me... but will wait for real world testing. I jumped on a Bullmaster back in the day and while it was mostly reliable... gave a ton of shots and was even accurate, it was just so heavy and awkward that I got rid of it. Not to mention, it was hideous.

Are you insulting Turkish / Persian Aesthetics?! How dare you! I hope you will keep your mouth shut when it comes to the proph.... (nevermind)

You know, of course I was hoping for more.

But what's the price going to be on this? And what if we compare it to CO2 pistols? My Crossman Vigilante does maybe 7 fpe. So this thing is double that power, and with .177 or .22 it's going to have more respectable velocities and be able to reach out further. I wouldn't bother with .25 caliber on such a weak pistol. And probably the .177 is going to be the best choice.

Personally I'd rather use my compressor than use CO2 carts.

The question is will Hatsan deliver on the price considering what it is? I paid $75 for my Crossman. If this is more than $200 than to me I'm priced out. And it has to be accurate for 25 yards too.it will

But what's the price going to be on this? And what if we compare it to CO2 pistols? My Crossman Vigilante does maybe 7 fpe. So this thing is double that power, and with .177 or .22 it's going to have more respectable velocities and be able to reach out further. I wouldn't bother with .25 caliber on such a weak pistol. And probably the .177 is going to be the best choice.

The question is will Hatsan deliver on the price considering what it is? I paid $75 for my Crossman. If this is more than $200 than to me I'm priced out. And it has to be accurate for 25 yards too.
It will be in the 400 dollar range in the US apperently. Hopefully the same amount here in Europe. Offcourse more then 200, because you can not even get a Snowpeak PCP for that price point.

Ik will get one in .22, almost all my airguns aren in that caliber. Nice caliber for loading instead of the tiny .177
And for max 25 meters it will do the job.

It's a Hatsan. I'll never buy or own another. Still own one. Too much time, work, $ in it to sell. But I could write a small book on problems I've experience first hand and still have with Hatsan guns.

I would buy another. I used my Hydra .25 for a summer muzzle loading Himalayan salt wadded into rolling paper, into the barrel and shooting at carpenter bees. The gun still works 100% as normal. Never loses air. Not the greatest accuracy, but acceptable, but it's a simple gun and seems hard to break.

Before that I had a Hatsan Mod 125 "vortex" gas piston which worked fine until I left it in the garage, un-shot, for well over a year. And maybe they have crappy pistons to begin with. Next time I would get a springer or another brand.

Would I buy a high end Hatsan -- probably not given the competition. But a cheap Hatsan is always on my radar.

16 FPE isn’t much better than a lot of CO2 pistols.
Please name some co2 pistols that produce 16fpe from the factory. I'm interested.

The Velox looks great to me. Price point will determine value. The Huben is $1200. Talk all you want but most reasonable people aren't going to spend that much when there are 10,000 pb's that will outperform it for half that or less. I don't see where anyone said the Hatsan was trying to be a competitor in that market anyway. Lots of talky talky on this thread imo.

I try to stay away from Hatsan because their CS is atrocious but if I buy one I just plan in advance that I'll be dealing with issues.

Guaranteed it will make more power with tuning. Like any other gun.

*** Moderated content removed ***
Do not Troll the membership

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a Hatsan. I'll never buy or own another. Still own one. Too much time, work, $ in it to sell. But I could write a small book on problems I've experience first hand and still have with Hatsan guns.
I can understand you. I own a Invader Auto and a Vectis. Rebuild both of them, that is part of the hobby. I expect that the Velox also need a lot of care, but that is something I like to do. When you don't have any technical scills do not by a Hatsan. Straight out of the box they are crap.

I do like the idea of the Velox, a "normal" sized PCP pistol that is semi auto.
The thing I am wondering about is the trigger, they say that it is great, but the trigger in all semi auto Hatsans are horrible. And a pistol need a good trigger otherwise it is useless.

I will buy one when possible and check it out.

I can understand you. I own a Invader Auto and a Vectis. Rebuild both of them, that is part of the hobby. I expect that the Velox also need a lot of care, but that is something I like to do. When you don't have any technical scills do not by a Hatsan. Straight out of the box they are crap.

The thing I am wondering about is the trigger, they say that it is great, but the trigger in all semi auto Hatsans are horrible. And a pistol need a good trigger otherwise it is useless.

The biggest issue I have is with the $900 neutron star I still own. The machine work on multiple pieces is appalling at best. Choice of materials, design, construction... very poor in some instances. The hammer arrest system was deforming its self, and the hammer, and the receiver, hammer tube, as well as creating metal shavings inside the gun. To my knowledge, still does but to a lesser degree as it has been heavily detuned. Bad barrel. Cocking lever would just flop open because the pin hole was milled crooked and out of place. Many many tolerance issue throughout. Even the sight rails are just weird. Over sized so a lot of mounts won't even fit or do but end up severely canted or off center. Pic rail spacing is non standard. Mag notch in receiver is milled too deep so the mag flops around. Also weakened rigidity of the receiver severely. The list just keeps going and going. I also had a sortie and can list several problems there too. I understand some people have had good experiences. But how a gun that is $900 winds up THAT bad. Keep in mind I didn't even list half of the issues... that raises serious questions as to how that many things could be so wrong on one gun.

Reactions: markhooper
The biggest issue I have is with the $900 neutron star I still own. The machine work on multiple pieces is appalling at best. Choice of materials, design, construction... very poor in some instances. The hammer arrest system was deforming its self, and the hammer, and the receiver, hammer tube, as well as creating metal shavings inside the gun. To my knowledge, still does but to a lesser degree as it has been heavily detuned. Bad barrel. Cocking lever would just flop open because the pin hole was milled crooked and out of place. Many many tolerance issue throughout. Even the sight rails are just weird. Over sized so a lot of mounts won't even fit or do but end up severely canted or off center. Pic rail spacing is non standard. Mag notch in receiver is milled too deep so the mag flops around. Also weakened rigidity of the receiver severely. The list just keeps going and going. I also had a sortie and can list several problems there too. I understand some people have had good experiences. But how a gun that is $900 winds up THAT bad. Keep in mind I didn't even list half of the issues... that raises serious questions as to how that many things could be so wrong on one gun.
Good old Hatsan 🤣

Pretty underwhelming power output. 16 FPE isn’t much better than a lot of CO2 pistols. I’m sure the price point will be comfortable, but the PCP pistol market is gonna have to do a lot better than this to catch up to Huben.
saw a show vid and the price as of now is around $399 mid year release . sounds ok to me and i really like the fact that a New gun isnt @ 40 or 60 FPE .

I think this will be a nice alternative for people who don't want to spend over a grand on the Huben Or Viper. In terms of power it's about in the same range as the .25 cal Viper.

The only other option for a semi-auto PCP "pistol" we used to have was the Sortie. Glad to see there will be something more compact to add to the competition. Looks a lot better than the Sortie.. that's for sure.

it's not going to catch up with huben gk1 in my opinion.. just, well it's like comparing a Cadillac gun (huben) to a economical gun like hatsan.. I don't think it's possible to get the low price with the top quality..
I really like the huben gk1 or the attaman ap16 compact, but I really appreciate that it's possible to get anything PCP without being so much money that some of us can't afford it..
I'd probably not have any PCP guns if only huben and FX guns were all that was available.. and I'd be stuck with good 22lr but I enjoy the quiet of air guns.
guess I just appreciate having options.
mark

well said.I was thinking its a mini invader which I have.I for the record own like 4 hatsan never a problem and i shoot avg 300 rounds a day most every day.The invader is great but have to be in the mood for 10lb trigger and funny sound.I am so sick of Huban talk thinking how many own shot or even seen one talk is cheap

Reactions: markhooper
Please name some co2 pistols that produce 16fpe from the factory. I'm interested.

The Velox looks great to me. Price point will determine value. The Huben is $1200. Talk all you want but most reasonable people aren't going to spend that much when there are 10,000 pb's that will outperform it for half that or less. I don't see where anyone said the Hatsan was trying to be a competitor in that market anyway. Lots of talky talky on this thread imo.

I try to stay away from Hatsan because their CS is atrocious but if I buy one I just plan in advance that I'll be dealing with issues.

Guaranteed it will make more power with tuning. Like any other gun.

*** Moderated content removed ***
Do not Troll the membership
well said most of the huben lovers never even held one they like to sound important.

The question is will Hatsan deliver on the price considering what it is? I paid $75 for my Crossman. If this is more than $200 than to me I'm priced out. And it has to be accurate for 25 yards too.
you'll be priced out I'm guessing.. think I read something around $400.. but you made a good point about using the compressor instead of CO2 cartridges.. id probably get several CO2 guns if they made a refillable air cartridge, even if it was only enough air for a single six..
Mark

Do you know what a reservoir is????
:oops:

If anyone wants to "influence" me? For Gods sake try to talk using proper words!
where are most CO2 cartridges in a pistol? I don't see any problem with a air tube in the grip.. you do realize that those CO2 cartridges are very thin and they are holding around 800 psi??
so how do you feel about the airforce texan? I think it is a good gun too.. but let's just say that you are worried about it exploding the air reservoir.. what do you think is worse.. holding it in your hand.. or right against your cheek? basically it could take off your face or your hand.. id just guess that if you could only keep one, most people would prefer keeping the head.. then there's the rest of the rifles with air tube.. it's basically in your hand as well..
just thinking about what you said.. 🤔🤔 but not trying to disagree with you.
Mark
Mark

Last edited:
:unsure:
I'm not sure I'd want a 'reservoir' in the 'handle'.
:ROFLMAO:
where did you get the idea that this pistol has a reservoir in the handle?? in the video it's plainly below the barrel, comes with two so you can have a spare already filled and just screwed on..
however mentioning the reservoir in the handle or grip I wish they offer the Colt SAA or Schofield in PCP and put a refillable air reservoir in the grip, even if it only holds enough for 6 shots.
Mark

well I think I told you I have a blitz.. and it is actually a good shooter.. I do wish it had notch rear sight instead of the peep.. and it's main problem is that the trigger is not adjustable and it has to be at least a 10 lb pull.. I was lazy and put some good bearing grease and it helped but I really need to pull the hammer and sear and polish them.. they have a rough finish.. other than that it has been a good shooter.. knocked down a basket ball size wasp nest on a tree limb from a distance by using semis auto and just carefully shot the limb off the tree..

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas