• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Rti arms Prophet 2 extra dampening shroud

I shot my Prohet Performance without any moderator for a couple weeks after installing a new .25 barrel and did not find it to be all that loud to begin with.
I suspect that packing in the shroud might make it louder. My thought is that it would introduce resistance and the air that was previously expanding into the should would then take the path of least resistance and blast out of the muzzle.

I might be wrong though.

As I recall, the sound wasn't bad before I changed the calibre from .177 to .25. However, when changing the calibre, I decided to dismantle the gun as well to see the internals, and when I reassembled it, the gun won't cock. I got some help from this forum about that issue but I still struggle with the problem. So I have no idea how loud it is in .25.

I don't know how the shroud can muffle the sound produced by an airgun, either. But I found this shroud damper on STO's website https://www.silentthunderordnance.com/air/shroud-damper, and I'm posting this question just in case someone can attest to the validity of the method. If so, any thick fabric should do somewhat the same as the STO's shroud damper, shouldn't it?

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
As I recall, the sound wasn't bad before I changed the calibre from .177 to .25. However, when changing the calibre, I decided to dismantle the gun as well to see the internals, and when I reassembled it, the gun won't cock. I got some help from this forum about that issue but I still struggle with the problem. So I have no idea how loud it is in .25.

I don't know how the shroud can muffle the sound produced by an airgun, either. But I found this shroud damper on STO's website https://www.silentthunderordnance.com/air/shroud-damper, and I'm posting this question just in case someone can attest to the validity of the method. If so, any thick fabric should do somewhat the same as the STO's shroud damper, shouldn't it?
STO is where I got the idea from too. I'm waiting for some info from someone who had done it with a gun that has similar shroud as the RTI.