• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Sloppy Cocking Lever on Umarex Gauntlet

I have looked all over online, watched a bunch of different Gauntlet videos, but have been unable to find any mentions of this...

I purchased a Gauntlet (MKI) used, and the cocking bolt is super lose and sloppy, so much so that just tipping the rifle to the cocking (right) side, the bolt will come out of where it should rest in the loaded position. This also seems to cause some serious friction when trying to cock the rifle for a single (single shot tray) or the next shot (with magazine). I'm not sure if there is an adjustment that can be made to fix this, but it's slightly annoying and maybe a safety issue? I can record a quick video this evening if that is helpful, but I'm hoping others with a Gauntlet have seen this/know how to fix?

Thanks in advance!

You need to disassemble the action. On the rear end of the bolt there will be a screw that holds the cooking handle in place. You might want to take the screw out completely and put a dab of blue threadlocker on it.
Thanks for the response. I'm very new to PCP/air rifles, so I'm not quite sure how to tear into this rifle. I have the manual (file:///Users/gregmcqueen/Downloads/Manual%20Umarex%20Gauntlet%20Canada%202252608%2004R22.pdf) but not seeing anything about removing the action/gaining access to the action, nor which screw would be the right one once in there. Any chance you can reference a video or a better guide for this?

Thanks,
Greg

Ugh, I'm sorry. There's a few videos on YT that helped me out but I can't recall any one video.
I will say this, get the stock off of it and you can access it easily. The rear bolt on the trigger assembly is what holds everything together. I don't advocate this but I just pull that bolt out (carefully and slowly! Spring tension), pull the cap off the top rear of the action then pull the next cap (I believe it unscrews) directly below and then you'll be into the hammer and spring.
I would post some pics but UX has had my gun for months. Hope this helps, even a little.