• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Taipan Veteran II Tactical aka Ugly Fat Pig

Question for the vet 2 tactical owners out there, do they make a fill port plug/protector? I got mine in and love it…but that open fill port I don’t care for.
I use these, what's showing is the larger size for my fill whips you can get smaller ones for the foster fitting or the one piece probe. If it is magnetic some suppliers sell magnetic dust caps also. Some guys use tire valve caps. I got mine at True Value.
0406221903.jpg
0226231000.jpg

Finally got all the bits and pieces in and on the taipan vet 2 tactical. I put a zero tech thrive series 4-16x50 30mm tube on therewith it’s one piece Picatinny mounts. It (the scope) was made in China rather than Japan(slight disappointment with that fact) but I was able to find it for half off, so I can live with it. It’s a nice bright piece of glass with side focus from 10 yards to infinity.

I have to say I’ve never had a 30mm tube scope before, so I’m not sure how I’m going to like it. It “feels” massive after 30 years of using 1” scopes.

Hopefully I’ll get to finish leveling the scope tomorrow and get it all dialed in. It might be a fat ugly pig, but it’s my fat ugly pig! lol.

IMG_4581.jpeg

Since we're showing off pigs, here's mine. .22 caliber with a Hawke Frontier 34 FFP 5-30 x 56. It likes a wide range of pellets but is a bit pickier on slugs. At the current tune, I can't put 18g or lower weight ammo in as they are going at over 1085 fps! 25.4g FX/JSB average 944fps. And it likes the JTS as well as H&N! It's nice having a few rounds to select from instead of one or two that the gun really likes. I get tired of hitting the metal at 230 yards with the gun. I hold on the 18th crosshair instead of dialing in the elevation. Unfortunately one can only "zoom in" so far on an FFP when you start getting low on the holdovers! It's a pleasure to shoot.

IMG_4421.JPG

Since we're showing off pigs, here's mine. .22 caliber with a Hawke Frontier 34 FFP 5-30 x 56. It likes a wide range of pellets but is a bit pickier on slugs. At the current tune, I can't put 18g or lower weight ammo in as they are going at over 1085 fps! 25.4g FX/JSB average 944fps. And it likes the JTS as well as H&N! It's nice having a few rounds to select from instead of one or two that the gun really likes. I get tired of hitting the metal at 230 yards with the gun. I hold on the 18th crosshair instead of dialing in the elevation. Unfortunately one can only "zoom in" so far on an FFP when you start getting low on the holdovers! It's a pleasure to shoot.

View attachment 469019
That’s a nice looking swine! I threw some cheap crosman 14.something grain pellets in mine yesterday after it was tuned for jsb extra heavies I realized that it can be more than a little loud when you’re slinging pellets that speed. It sounds about like a ruger 10/22. The shot count might be pretty impressive if I tuned for the light stuff though.

Last edited: